Used to be a hater

HafeezAkmal

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

Great to be here. You could consider myself being new here although i've been roaming through Cb.com, AC and iMore back and forth.

I was once a hardcore BB fan for years, didnt give myself even a chance to delve into other platforms. Then i made a move to Android with the Note and Note 2. Things were better then, and i regretted those wasted years of being loyal to just *one* name.

But i was a hater for everything-iOS in those days. I hate iPhones, iPads, iPods... And you know too well what the other camps are calling us here - iSheep.

It was then that i upgraded by getting a 32GB wifi-only iPad mini just to get that "i-Fix". And then you know what? I was all in love with the mini. I 'repented' those days of iOS hating, and ironically, of all the 3 platforms that i currently use (BlackBerry, Android & iOS), i spent more of my money buying apps in the App Store. No jailbreaking for me, i'd rather preserve the originality of official OS and just buy what i want.

Really, iOS really satisfied me :eek:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the club! Many here have a similar history... but it’s all good now that you’ve finally seen the light! :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and thank you for choosing to be a part of this community. Feel free to ask questions, offer assistance as well as share your thoughts and opinions so dive in to any thread that interests you. Also, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Community Rules & Guidelines. Again, welcome to iMore and enjoy yourself. :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I use to be the grand Wizard of iOS haters:biggrin:

then again I hated clam bellies till I tried them too

now I'm all into the fruit

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome Hafeez, I used to be a hater but not of Apple but all the iSheep that followed like a cult. I was afraid of making on of them.

Now I am sorry that I didn't get into Apple before based on a fictitious fear. :D

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome Hafeez, I used to be a hater but not of Apple but all the iSheep that followed like a cult. I was afraid of making on of them.

Now I am sorry that I didn't get into Apple before based on a fictitious fear. :D

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

In the years that I have known you, I always thought you did a great of remaining neutral even though you were using other platforms. I must say, it it good to see you on the iOS platform for a change.
happy-014.gif

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

HafeezAkmal

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
To make things complete, i just bought an iRig and bought Amplitube Fender series app from the App Store to connect my guitars to the mini. I guess those people are wrong anyway, coz iOS is NOT A TOY.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
To make things complete, i just bought an iRig and bought Amplitube Fender series app from the App Store to connect my guitars to the mini. I guess those people are wrong anyway, coz iOS is NOT A TOY.

nice that's pretty cool

oh one of my favorite jabs was that the iphone was just a pocket sized arcade

but the uses I found for my iphone 5 are great. It is true when they say there's an app for that

Chiranjeev

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Ios rocksssss. They know exactly where to improve instead of throwing some **** gimmicky features lik in s4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fantom305

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

Great to be here. You could consider myself being new here although i've been roaming through Cb.com, AC and iMore back and forth.

I was once a hardcore BB fan for years, didnt give myself even a chance to delve into other platforms. Then i made a move to Android with the Note and Note 2. Things were better then, and i regretted those wasted years of being loyal to just *one* name.

But i was a hater for everything-iOS in those days. I hate iPhones, iPads, iPods... And you know too well what the other camps are calling us here - iSheep.

It was then that i upgraded by getting a 32GB wifi-only iPad mini just to get that "i-Fix". And then you know what? I was all in love with the mini. I 'repented' those days of iOS hating, and ironically, of all the 3 platforms that i currently use (BlackBerry, Android & iOS), i spent more of my money buying apps in the App Store. No jailbreaking for me, i'd rather preserve the originality of official OS and just buy what i want.

Really, iOS really satisfied me :eek:
Man you remind me so much of me........I used to call myself a Black Berry man . ..and never gave android or Apple a chance. Well BB started changing their launcher and I started becoming disgusted with it .......so I decided to give Android a chance... went from HTC to Galaxy S3 and now with the S4... I even had an Android tablet ...just recently I decided to get me an Ipad mini ....and be open minded about it and give Apple a chance.... well to be honest, I started playing with it and now I am liking it more than I thought that I ended up giving the Samsung tablet to my son ..... To be honest, I dont want an IPHONE.... I prefer my S4..... but the good thing is that I am using two different system and I am happy about ............

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

Oh I totally agree. I had an android phone and a webos tablet with android on it and I just got sick of them. I couldn't do anything on the tablet that I couldn't do on my phone. Even the apps were rarely customized for tablets. On my ipad now I can design app mockups, blueprints, graphic designs, full documents, as well as play many more great games. The iPad is no toy it's a productive entertainment mobile powerhouse :)

iSeans

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I was never a hater but caught the bug.

I "Won" my first Apple product. Was an iPod shuffle (thin white one). Then I "won" an iPod Nano (the silver back one). I was always funny about phones and stuck with my little Nokia phones whilst Apple were taking the world by storm with the iPhone. I finally gave in and got a 3GS and was blown away. I never felt the need to have so much power and functionality in a phone but now I couldn't live without it.

In 2010 I took the plunge and got myself a 21.5" iMac to reduce the "clutter" and "mess" that comes with a windows box. I went for simplicity and design over "cheapness".

Unpacking the iMac opened my eyes, it really did. I suddenly appreciated design. The effort Apple put in from buying to unwrapping to using is extraordinary. I set the iMac up on my desk and ran my finger across the top. I'd finally got a premium product that wasn't just another computer. Using OSX just makes me hate myself for not moving on sooner. The attention to detail and the way it helps a user to get things done is just incredible.

Next up on my Apple addiction was the up and coming 4S. I had seen the 4 but was locked in to a 2 year contract so I had to painfully watch others around me use the 4 as I eagerly awaited my contract to end. Now with the 4S in my hand I was fully on board the Apple Train.

Browsing the Apple site on a daily basis I came across a piece of tech that I hadn't thought about replacing and that was my router. So with a few clicks and Airport Extreme Base Station was heading to my house. Set up was easy and Apple being Apple gave me the opportunity to control this thing with my iPhone. Genius and so simple. Apple is just making my life easier here!

The time had come. My wife's crappy Samsung netbook was on its last legs. It was iPad time. My 3rd Gen iPad (on Launch day) was waiting for me at the Brighton Store in the UK. The iPad is now our "go to" device at home. My wife has read books on it and my 3 year uses it to learn (also the odd "Justice League" programme on netflix) :) So now my wife is happy, my boys are happy and I was happy. But not quite finished.

I have a WD Live media centre hooked up to my TV with a 500gb harddrive hanging out of it. You guessed it. Time to ditch it and get an ATV. hooked it up to my TV and turned on Home Sharing and went though my harddrive converting Movies and TV Shows to MP4. Now everything is playing nicely. This is where Apple got me and got me good. "purchases in the cloud". I bought a series of Pepper Pig for my little boy to watch as it was on sale in the iTunes store. Now, where ever I am this shows up on all my devices ready to be downloaded when ever I need. This is great! Nothing against homesharing but thats only good if, well, at home! I've now put lots of money via the iTunes Store because its so simple.

So now I'm sitting on 2 iPods, an iMac, iPhone, AEBS, ATV, iPad. I've also purchased some Earpods and absolutely love them along with a few Apple docks, smart covers etc.

So where do I go from here?

My next two Apple products i'll be waiting on is the next gen iPhone and hopefully a Retina MacBook Pro as I hope to start doing a bit of Photography on the side.

Sorry for the long post but I've always wanted to share my Apple Journey and I've no intention of stopping.

p.s I'm also a bit of a surfing fan and love the culture that comes with it and you can imagine my joy when they announced OSX Mavericks! swoon! lol

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Same here, BB hardcore user for 4+ years, then switched for and iPhone 4s, then back to BB for work reason, lasted 2 month, got an iPhone 5 and recently an iPad Mini, coming soon Apple TV, Macbook Air, you can see were its going...

My name is Nelson and I used to be a hater, now, I?m an addict...

Aguaski

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I was a big time iOS hater but eventually made the switch based on a recommendation from my IT department after some troubling email issues. I like everything on a single platform so that led to replacing my Nexus 7 with an iPad Mini. Next I tried AirPlay on Apple TV. I am now very pleased that I made the switch. Google made the switch very easy by offering almost all their services through apps made for iOS. I use Google apps over almost all Apple native apps. I believe that Apple iOS devices are better than most Android devices at running Google apps and services.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2