Question about sharing options.

Vance14

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got my wife a Mini, but I more familiar with Android (all of my other iDevices are from previous generations). I am trying to figure out how she can share stuff from within apps to her Gmail account. She has not set up the built-in Mail app since she uses Gmail, but when she wants to share something out of Pinterest using her Gmail, it only gives her the option to share to Mail, and asks her to set up an account. I am sure there must be a way to share directly using Gmail, but I can't figure it out. Can we add Gmail as a "share" recipient somewhere in the iOS settings? Having the iOS Mail client somehow sync with Gmail will be way more complication than she wants. Thanks for any help!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got my wife a Mini, but I more familiar with Android (all of my other iDevices are from previous generations). I am trying to figure out how she can share stuff from within apps to her Gmail account. She has not set up the built-in Mail app since she uses Gmail, but when she wants to share something out of Pinterest using her Gmail, it only gives her the option to share to Mail, and asks her to set up an account. I am sure there must be a way to share directly using Gmail, but I can't figure it out. Can we add Gmail as a "share" recipient somewhere in the iOS settings? Having the iOS Mail client somehow sync with Gmail will be way more complication than she wants. Thanks for any help!

If the installation of the gmail app didn't provide for a share function then your wife will have to configure gmail using the native mail app.

Vance14

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Is there something in the settings of the Gmail app that would allow for being on a "share" list? If not, are you saying that she can configure the Mail app to be a Gmail client? Not just have it forward or sync, but actually be the mail account associated with that Mail app?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the GMail account can be added to the native iOS Mail app - and it works fine. I use it all the time.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there something in the settings of the Gmail app that would allow for being on a "share" list?
I don't know, however, with the installation of certain apps comes the option to share via those apps.
If not, are you saying that she can configure the Mail app to be a Gmail client?
Yes.
Not just have it forward or sync, but actually be the mail account associated with that Mail app?
Yes. I use the native mail app for my iCloud, Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo and throwaway AOL accounts in regard to email. In other words, I can send and receive mail from all of those accounts on my device via the native mail app. Just go to Settings-Mail Contacts Calendars and then select "Add Account" and then select "Gmail" and follow the simple prompts to configure it.

Vance14

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
OK, I will look into making Gmail one of the methods to share, but if not, I suppose she can add the account to the Mail client. I know that she never wants to actually use the mail client, she likes the Gmail interface, but for sharing, I suppose she will have to. As long as the to clients stay entirely synced and she still has all of her data (inbox, sent messages, etc) in the Gmail app, even if something is sent from the Mail app, that would be fine.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OK, I will look into making Gmail one of the methods to share, but if not, I suppose she can add the account to the Mail client. I know that she never wants to actually use the mail client, she likes the Gmail interface, but for sharing, I suppose she will have to. As long as the to clients stay entirely synced and she still has all of her data (inbox, sent messages, etc) in the Gmail app, even if something is sent from the Mail app, that would be fine.
The native app will stay synced with Gmail and yes, all of her data will be readily available to her no matter what device she access Gmail from.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner