How many of you use your mini for note taking?

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
As the title states, how many of you mini owners use your device for note taking? Do you enjoy taking notes (whether it be with a stylus or typing) on your mini versus using pen and paper? Just curious.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a mini but I use my iPad for note taking all the time.

Some apps could be better then others, but always seems one is missing something that another offers.. So I use around 3-4 apps for different type off meetings, etc.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I use my Mini for taking notes a LOT. There a few threads in the apps forum talking about the various apps you can use, and another thread in the accessories forum comparing the relative merits of the various styli available.

Hope to see you in those threads. :)

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I used my iPad for notes since I got it at launch. I've had an original iPad since it came out. It's perfect for keeping notes in class while at college. It sure beats having a bunch if notebooks. I used both a stylus and keyboard input regularly during classes.

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I use it for notes way more than I did the iPad 2. Also use good 'ole Wunderlist for remembering tasks between my iPhone and iPad mini.

farside33

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I primarily use the mini for notes using the Microsoft OneNote application.
The mini is the perfect size for taking notes during meetings.
In a pinch I can also review or edit notes on the iPhone.

The Notes are always synchronized with my OneNote application on my laptop.

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I use my mini for both work and school to take notes at mtgs and in class. It's so much more portable than my ipad 2.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I love taking notes on my iPad 2. I actually type on the virtual keyboard like a regular computer. I wouldn't imagine that I would be able to do this with the iPad mini. I would definitely have to use some sort of Bluetooth keyboard. The full sized iPad is definitely a lot better than using a laptop. It is so much more portable and I have gotten used to typing using the predictive text and the double space bar for the period. When you don't have to add in as apostrophes and such or correct t mistakes as much it makes your typing speed crazy fast.

Cafeina

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I use my mini to take notes all of the time. It has enhanced my life and made me more efficient. Because it's so portable, I always have it with me. I use the notes app, Pages, Docs to Go and Evernote.

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Notability here for my Mini w/ a ZAGG Solo keyboard. Love it. But my Notability isn't syncing most of my notes so I'm deciding to maybe bite the bullet and go ahead and buy Pages soon. I use Microsoft Word on my PC so it'd be convenient to be able to transfer my .doc files.

zoogue

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I started college in 2010 using the original iPad to take notes. Today I use the iPad Mini to take notes and I like it even better.

I love my mini, but I must say for ten finger typing I prefer the original sized ipad to my mini. However for two thumb typing mini is my winner.

aanaya abid

Banned
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I used my iPad for notes simply because I obtained it at launch. I've had an original iPad because it came out. it's perfect for keeping notes in class whilst at college. It sure beats having a bunch if notebooks. I used both a stylus and keyboard inplace regularly during classes.

Donnee

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Im using mine more than i thought i would i must admit. I wasn't expecting to be able to get much speed on it to be practical, but I find it really easy to type on. I can't get a full 10 finger typing style on it but I can manage pretty decent rate with 4 fingers and some thumbs thrown in for good measure. It's never going to compete with a laptop but its more than enough for what I need

As for a stylus I'm in the market for a decent one at the moment, was tempted by the 20p ones on eBay but I'm guessing you get what you pay for, especially on this smaller screen size.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Well since I haven't even responded to my own thread I figured I would answer my own question. To be honest, I actually love using my mini for taking notes versus my full sized iPad. I have no idea why but it's just a more pleasant experience. I think it has to do with how much more portable my mini is. However, I am planning on purchasing Logitech's Easy-Switch keyboard. Having a real keyboard to type papers and such on would be much easier than the software keyboard. I have typed papers previously with just the software keyboard but it would definitely have gone a little quicker if I had a real keyboard. Also, the keyboard will come in handy for use with my Apple TV and MBP.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods