Issues with Hotspot on AT&T iPad mini

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the shared data with AT&T which allows the hotspot feature. When I first changed my plan, the hotspot featured worked just fine. Now when I want to connect my MacBook or any other device, it won't locate my mini hotspot. Yes it's turned on. Both of our i5's hotspot works fine. I called At&t last night and trouble shooting didn't help. They tell me my next step is to visit the Genius Bar.

Has anybody with a mini and the hotspot feature had any issues with it working? If so, did you find a solution?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I know it's a pain in the pathology, but did you try to restore as new and see if it works?

Yup I set up as new last night and still failed. Went to AT&T today and got a new SIM card and BOOM, it now works again. :)

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I know when I used the hotspot on my iPhone 4 had to have wifi and Bluetooth on and sometimes would have to turn off and back on the hotspot feature to work. But might be different being your iPad and not a phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of SIM cards never had issues with them before but I have had to send in my galaxy nexus twice because it just stops reading SIM cards.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Speaking of SIM cards never had issues with them before but I have had to send in my galaxy nexus twice because it just stops reading SIM cards.

I had no issues with the network with the old sim. Just hot spot wouldn't work. But it works fine with new sim. Glad to have my LTE hotspot back to power my MacBook Pro.