Buy ipad mini now or wait for ipad mini 2

shampz

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys.

I almost bought my iPad mini today. (Long time android user, switching to apple ecosystem, bought iphone5 couple weeks back).

It will be my first tablet. I just checked on many sources online and read that iPad mini2 is coming this march. I live in India so even if it releases in march i will have to wait couple of more months to buy it.

Should i go for it now or iPad mini 2 will be worth waiting for at least 4 months id it releases in march ?

Cheers!!

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I say go for it! I'm going to buy one as soon as my tax refund rolls in. Apple products really hold their value well. When the next generation of iPad mini comes out I will be able to sell the first one and take a nice bite out of the price of the new one. Besides, its not a sure bet that the new one will be released in March. At this point I think its all speculation. Go ahead and buy the iPad mini now and enjoy the heck out of it!

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I was having the same debate with myself and came to the conclusion that I am just going to get one now and then sell it when the new one comes out. Since I have no idea when that will be I really don't want to wait to get my hands on that slick little guy

gjoseph14

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
By the time the iPad Mini 2 comes out I'm sure we'll hear rumors of iPad Mini 3 and so on and so on. I say go for it. Bought mine in December and loving it.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I would wait. The first one is great but the processor is a little under powered. When a new one come out this year, it'll be much faster. I'm waiting to grab the 2.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It appears the mini 2 is coming in October. Read the iMore blogs from Friday for further info.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
It appears the mini 2 is coming in October. Read the iMore blogs from Friday for further info.

That's a mighty long time for me to enjoy a first gen mini before I am tempted by the second! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I really like the display of my iPad 3. Since my girlfriend and I might get the share everything plan I might think about getting the mini with cellular. I really would like a better screen on the mini along with more ram and faster processor. I might wait for the mini 2 see what it has and sell my iPad 3 soon.

RaiderWill

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Shampz.. Welcome To The Club!
You did the right thing by purchasing your iPad now.. The 2nd-Gen is not coming until October / November.. iPad's are a Holiday Thing now.. And the whole Retina thing is not happening this year 2014 / 2015 at best.. What folks are missing is, There are now 2 distinct classes of iPad and there always will be going forward the Mini will never steal dollars away from the Flagship 5th-Gen iPad.. So enjoy! The Mini has more than enough power with a 1024*768 screen to run ALL apps and games with Butter Smoothness.. An Apple would not have it any other way :) NFS Most Wanted, N.O.V.A.3, MC4, FIFA 13', Real Racing 2 HD all play with ZERO Lag and No Dropped Frames..:) And nothing pushes a device more than those games..!

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I usually just buy them when they come out. If I say I'll wait for #2 then when that comes out I say maybe I'll wait for #3 etc etc. I just buy each device and then sell it to buy the next one. :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If anyone else is curious as to wait or not I'd say if you don't care about having the latest and greatest then buy now. If not, wait it out a bit. And if you have the cash to throw around, buy now and buy when the new one comes out...

jMunar

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Get one now and enjoy it. Everything you own in the tech world will always get outdated the next day and since the price of the mini is pretty affordable you can always update and get a new one every other year or so. Also since Apple products gold their value well if taken care of it should be easy to sell and not pay muc more to upgrade.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The question of do I buy now or wait for the next version is something I see all the time. As someone who hardly waits and buys the latest device often I find myself slowing down on that habit. I have to say answer these questions. Does the current model offer me everything I need today? Will you be disappointed if you didn't wait and the next model has a) better screen, b) better process, c)something else you really want?

If you answer to those questions is no then get it right away and be happy, but if you answer yes, then you know you should wait.

For example I can upgrade in April and I would like an iPhone (again) but I know the next one will be out in 3-5 months and it will have upgrades I will want. Sure I don't know what they are but I know it will be updated in some fashion so for me it's worth waiting.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The question of do I buy now or wait for the next version is something I see all the time. As someone who hardly waits and buys the latest device often I find myself slowing down on that habit. I have to say answer these questions. Does the current model offer me everything I need today? Will you be disappointed if you didn't wait and the next model has a) better screen, b) better process, c)something else you really want?

If you answer to those questions is no then get it right away and be happy, but if you answer yes, then you know you should wait.

For example I can upgrade in April and I would like an iPhone (again) but I know the next one will be out in 3-5 months and it will have upgrades I will want. Sure I don't know what they are but I know it will be updated in some fashion so for me it's worth waiting.

I personally am waiting for the mini 2. The processor in the first one is a little underpowered for my tastes. I think the mini 2 will have a much better processor and that's why I'm waiting. It could also have a better screen, but I don't care too much if it does. The standard screen works just fine for me.

So in summary, I would say wait a few months for the better one.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
+iPad mini gen-1
As you said you live in India so even if it releases in march you will have to wait couple of more months to buy it, and yes there are will be iPad mini 3 rumors and iPad mini 4...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234