Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    758 Global Posts

Default Re: From an iPad 2 to an iPad Mini

I'm thinking of shifting from a 2 to the Mini as well. I'd stick with the same specs (W-Fi and 32 GB) as that's served me well. That said, while the Mini is clearly meant to be a one-handed device, I find the 4:3 screen pushes the 'one-handability' of it a bit - can anyone say carpal tunnel syndrome, as one stretches your hand to grasp it? Almost wish they had gone with something closer to the more contemporary 16:9 aspect as they did with iPhone 5. And as is showing up in most other tablets...

No other surprises expected with the move - everything will simply migrate over and I'm happy with the speed and non-retina - so it's up for consideration.
    iMore Beginner

16:9 is horrible for portrait..the aspect ration is what i love about ipads
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    I'm this close to selling my iPad 2 and getting an iPad Mini.

Sold 3 for mini. Best choice I ever made.

I take it a few of you have done this. Was it 'really' worth it? I'm still on the fence, but if I switch I'll get a 32GB at least. Currently I only have a 16GB iPad 2.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

I had 16GB iPad 2 and went to iPad Mini 64GB. I didn't think at first that I needed to but once I found Fifa 13 and it wanted to take all my memory that pretty much sealed needing more than 16GB. I had also bought some movies that had the digital copy that I put on my 64GB mini. Love that I have all of my music and 3 movies and loads of apps without worrying about syncing and swapping things out every once in awhile. I rock the wifi only version as I have hotspot on my razr hd and a vzw jetpack.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    890 Global Posts

Default From an iPad 2 to an iPad Mini

I've got a 16gb iPad mini and that is working out for me so far. I've also got a 64 GB iPod touch so I share my content between both devices. I do have some things on both but I don't see the point in a huge amount of overlap. On my ipad I have some apps, about 300 books, all my comics,a couple of magazines, 2 movies and 7 TV episodes. I still have a few GB free.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12