Gamers with Mini

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I feel like one of these would be the perfect size to game on. Being that its smaller than an iPad and bigger than an iPod touch or iPhone it should make perfect sense. Anyone else using this as mainly a gaming tablet? That would be my main use.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently playing GTA3, Rage HD, and Rainbow 6 on my mini. I've played less intense games like Max Payne too and so far this is an awesome gaming tab IMO. I'm loving it. I got it for web browsing, gaming, and portability mainly. So far it's been a good investment. No slowdowns during gameplay whatsoever.

The fact that the mini is so light really makes the difference with game play. I was talking to a friend the other day that has the Retina 3rd gen ipad and she was almost ready to give it up for the mini after using mine for a few mins.

Rezkeh

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently playing GTA3, Rage HD, and Rainbow 6 on my mini. I've played less intense games like Max Payne too and so far this is an awesome gaming tab IMO. I'm loving it. I got it for web browsing, gaming, and portability mainly. So far it's been a good investment. No slowdowns during gameplay whatsoever.

The fact that the mini is so light really makes the difference with game play. I was talking to a friend the other day that has the Retina 3rd gen ipad and she was almost ready to give it up for the mini after using mine for a few mins.

Pretty much exactly what he said. I've ended up using it mainly as a gaming machine, and playing games from Modern Combat 4, GTA Vice City, and Wild Blood all the way through to Angry Birds presents no (noticeable) problem whatsoever.

RaiderWill

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else using this as mainly a gaming tablet? That would be my main use.

Bingo.
This is "The iPad for you.. To be honest, I am sooo tired of hearing "It does not have a Retina" I could really Throw Up.. It's like.. Folks believe Apple did not consider the ramifications of not giving the Mini a Retina.. What's going to shock people even more come the fall of 2013 is the Mini STILL WILL NOT HAVE A RETINA.. Just wait for that to drop..:) This is a *New* Class of Tablet for Apple.. Not a Mini 4th-Gen clone.. I won't go into all the reasons as to why it will not get a Retina Display for a couple of years At Least here.. But to answer your question, Not having to push Retina Level Pixels, The Mini's A5 CPu & SGX543 MP2 GPu are more than powerful enough to push Pixels to the 8" screen with ZERO LAG OR DROPPED FRAMES in any of the Latest Games.. InfinityBlade, NFS Most Wanted, N.O.V.A.3, Real Racing 2, Modern Combat 3/4 etc.. They all play LiquidSmooth and look Incredible.

I dare say the Mini is the *Perfect* Tablet to game on.. I have the 64gb Black Slate and I Love It :)

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I love gaming on my mini. It just feels right. Works a treat with my icontrolpad also. Bring on the eVasi0n jailbreak so I can play my snes roms on my mini.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Just got Most Wanted today and I have to say that it looks great on the Mini. No lag or frame rate issues at all and the graphics look very sharp. Put me in the camp of people that do not think that they Mini needs retina. Smaller screen makes it looks almost as good as the big one. I have both and I have had them side by side many times with the same photo on each and I can not tell the difference.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234