Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default Help with syncing mini to iTunes

Hey guys, so I bought my 8 year old a iPad mini for Christmas. I set it up with her own Apple ID but used my iTunes log in so I did not have to re buy apps for her. Here is my problem though- I set up her iPad mini with out doing it through my iTunes. She asked me if I would put some movies I have on iTunes onto her iPad. So when I tried to sync it with my iTunes it gives me the welcome screen on my new iPad and asks if I want to set up as a new iPad or set up from a earlier back up. Well obviously I don't want to do either but it wont let me past that screen. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
    iPhone Newbie

Default Help with syncing mini to iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttz565 View Post
    Hey guys, so I bought my 8 year old a iPad mini for Christmas. I set it up with her own Apple ID but used my iTunes log in so I did not have to re buy apps for her. Here is my problem though- I set up her iPad mini with out doing it through my iTunes. She asked me if I would put some movies I have on iTunes onto her iPad. So when I tried to sync it with my iTunes it gives me the welcome screen on my new iPad and asks if I want to set up as a new iPad or set up from a earlier back up. Well obviously I don't want to do either but it wont let me past that screen. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
    I just did the exact same thing with mine. Setting it up as new will not do anything to the apps/settings you've already put on there.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default Re: Help with syncing mini to iTunes

Okay good to know. I will go ahead and set it up as new. Thanks