Issue with heavy PDF...

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a bunch of PDFs and each is 180-200 mb. Now here is the glitch...
When I swipe from one page to another, the new page takes about a couple of seconds before it...focuses.

What I mean, the new page isn't readable immediately as the text is blurred. Two seconds later, the text becomes clear and only then is readable...
Is this a glitch or am I the unlucky one?

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a bunch of PDFs and each is 180-200 mb. Now here is the glitch...
When I swipe from one page to another, the new page takes about a couple of seconds before it...focuses.

What I mean, the new page isn't readable immediately as the text is blurred. Two seconds later, the text becomes clear and only then is readable...
Is this a glitch or am I the unlucky one?

What I have experienced is that a fairly large .pdf file is only blurry for a couple of seconds after I've zoomed in to make the text larger, but the text is readable, at least for me, prior to zooming.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No, it's not a matter of luck, I've noticed that myself, when loading large pdfs to different apps it tends to happen, but there are apps like Goodnotes that asks you if you want to optimize your pdf files warning you that if you do it, the rendering speed may increase but the quality decreases.
So I prefer to wait a couple of seconds instead of losing image quality on my books.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys...was kind of worried...seems I am not the only one..but my dad's iPad 2 loads just fine..same PDF, same app...how come?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys...was kind of worried...seems I am not the only one..but my dad's iPad 2 loads just fine..same PDF, same app...how come?

Yeah, but it's not being optimized for viewing on a 3.5 or 4 inch display.

BP41

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What app are you using to view the PDF's? I have a 986mb Catalog on my mini and have no issues at all.Just as smooth as my 3 rendering images and text. I use Goodreader and iBooks.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
What app are you using to view the PDF's? I have a 986mb Catalog on my mini and have no issues at all.Just as smooth as my 3 rendering images and text. I use Goodreader and iBooks.

Im using iBooks. But as a couple of people above agreed to have had the same issue, I know I am not alone.

BP41

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try Goodreader. I think you'll find it much more usable than iBooks. That is if you need more function than just reading and highlighting your PDF's.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Heck, I find Adobe takes a few seconds to focus on my computers - both Mac and Windows, with fast processors!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234