coming back !!! Hello!!!!

Jonnyboy255

May 18, 2012
Visit site
i just ordered my white ipad mini 16 GB !!! coming from a nexus 7 which i had to sell because i didnt like it now im finally get an ipad! i just didn't like the stretched apps on android. specially me that i use flipboard every day, the flipboard app for the ipad is just amazing! cant wait to get it! since this is my first ipad. i would like to know what to expect with i use an ipad! i have an iphone 4 so how can the two devices do cool and helpful task and connect to each other? what apps do you recommend for me? i already have flipboard on my list! any tips or advice for me?!?!?! thank you !:D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You can expect the iPad Mini to be much like your iPhone 4, with a much larger screen. ;)

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.

MousePad

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Full disclosure: I'm an Android guy... I have a GNex and a Nexus 7, and love them both. I've had an iPhone 4 before, and liked it.

But I have to agree with the argument that an iPad mini/3/4th/whatever is the best choice if you already have an iPhone 4/4S/5. Tethering between the two is easier. The only other thing I could get connected to my iPhone 4 besides an iPad is a Blackberry Playbook. Having to deal with only one app store is also a killer argument IMHO.

Whenever a friend asks me for advice about which tablet to choose, the first question I ask is: Do you have a smartphone, and if yes, which one? If I ear "iPhone", the first word out of my mouth is "iPad".

mattmatt299

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I really tried using a droid tablet and still have it because the resale is near zero. The Nexus 7 unfortunately is just a blown up android phone with a lack of apps and poor screen quality. I feel bad for the folks that wasted $200-$300 on one (and I'm one of them). I love gadgets, but the 7 was a big disappointment compared to any iPad.

As far as using your new iPad vs and with an iPhone, I like all the news apps like Flipboard (and Zite, Pulse, News360) that all work great in portrait or landscape. Set up an account with them so you can read and bookmark stories on either device.

I recommend using something like Pocket to mark stories for reading later (on any device).

I like the iPad even better than the iPhone for apps because the iPad usually has more multi-touch gestures. Learn them. 5 finger pinch to desktop. 3 finger swipe between apps. And many, many swipe gestures.

If you like RSS readers / google readers, I recommend Newsify for iPhone and iPad. It will sync between your devices so you only read new stories.

Enjoy your iPad, I use mine more than all my PCs put together.

FD2

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Just sold my Nexus 7 (resale value is crap) and got an iPad Mini. I have to agree with most people, its just overall a better tablet. The app selection is better, the build quality just feels like you got what you paid for and 329.00 while not cheap is definitely doable. The only gripe is the pixel density. I went from 216 to 163ppi. Other than that I'm good. This coming from an android user since the G1.

Carrying around the iPad mini and my HTC DNA is just the best of both worlds. :)

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I sold my Nexus 7 too, and got $225 for my 32GB model. I just didn't enjoy Android. Its no where near as smooth as iOS. Im saving for an iPad 4 or will just wait for an iPad with Retina display.

henywatty

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
i just ordered my white ipad mini 16 GB !!! coming from a nexus 7 which i had to sell because i didnt like it now im finally get an ipad! i just didn't like the stretched apps on android. specially me that i use flipboard every day, the flipboard app for the ipad is just amazing! cant wait to get it! since this is my first ipad. i would like to know what to expect with i use an ipad! i have an iphone 4 so how can the two devices do cool and helpful task and connect to each other? what apps do you recommend for me? i already have flipboard on my list! any tips or advice for me?!?!?! thank you !:D

How funny. Flipboard has just recently been updated and optimized for the Nexus 7, and boy does it look and work great. Unlucky bud, maybe next time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

stevenlue

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Ditching the Nexus 7 for an iPad Mini was the best move you could make. I just did the same thing and here's no comparison. The Nexus 7 is OK but it's not even close to the quality of the IPad Mini.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711