Syncing with 2 computers NOT happening...

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I got my iPad Mini and I was super excited!! I plugged it in my computer at home...downloaded a couple of PDFs and put them through iTunes.

Now, day two. I got it to office and got a couple of more PDFs. Plugged it in, opened iTunes (actually it opened on its own) and again tried to sync. BUT...It asks for 'Erase and Sync'...

Now, why does this happen? I logged in with the SAME Apple ID that is at home AND even clicked on 'Authorize this computer' before clicking 'Sync'.

What is going on. I thought with Apple, things were simplified. I lost all my previous PDFs.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I got my iPad Mini and I was super excited!! I plugged it in my computer at home...downloaded a couple of PDFs and put them through iTunes.

Now, day two. I got it to office and got a couple of more PDFs. Plugged it in, opened iTunes (actually it opened on its own) and again tried to sync. BUT...It asks for 'Erase and Sync'...

Now, why does this happen? I logged in with the SAME Apple ID that is at home AND even clicked on 'Authorize this computer' before clicking 'Sync'.

What is going on. I thought with Apple, things were simplified. I lost all my previous PDFs.

It is simple. It?s just that there?s a limitation that only allows each device to be synched with a single Mac/PC. If you sync it with another, you are prompted to erase the old stuff. It?s just how it works.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711