Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Default Syncing with 2 computers NOT happening...

I got my iPad Mini and I was super excited!! I plugged it in my computer at home...downloaded a couple of PDFs and put them through iTunes.

Now, day two. I got it to office and got a couple of more PDFs. Plugged it in, opened iTunes (actually it opened on its own) and again tried to sync. BUT...It asks for 'Erase and Sync'...

Now, why does this happen? I logged in with the SAME Apple ID that is at home AND even clicked on 'Authorize this computer' before clicking 'Sync'.

What is going on. I thought with Apple, things were simplified. I lost all my previous PDFs.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Default Re: Syncing with 2 computers NOT happening...

Quote Originally Posted by iCeborg View Post
    I got my iPad Mini and I was super excited!! I plugged it in my computer at home...downloaded a couple of PDFs and put them through iTunes.

Now, day two. I got it to office and got a couple of more PDFs. Plugged it in, opened iTunes (actually it opened on its own) and again tried to sync. BUT...It asks for 'Erase and Sync'...

Now, why does this happen? I logged in with the SAME Apple ID that is at home AND even clicked on 'Authorize this computer' before clicking 'Sync'.

What is going on. I thought with Apple, things were simplified. I lost all my previous PDFs.
    It is simple. Itís just that thereís a limitation that only allows each device to be synched with a single Mac/PC. If you sync it with another, you are prompted to erase the old stuff. Itís just how it works.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina