Finding an iPad mini is OZ

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It's virtually impossible to find an iPad mini is Australia at the moment. Apple are shipping in 2 weeks time and my partner and I have called retailers all over Australia. We are both wanting only 16gb in both black and white as we already have 64gb iPad maxis and will be traveling on long train journeys each day. With under 2 weeks to go I don't think Apple can catch up to demand to make our Xmas special.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Try your local Sam's Club. I couldnt find one anywhere but they had a bunch in stock there!

Don?t think they have Sam's Clubs in Australia.

Are there any electronics retailers that carry them down under? Here in the states, many retailers carry the iPad lines...

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So after a lot of phone calls and studying how Apple receives stock I was able to snag 2 iPad minis just before Xmas. I had virtually rang every apple store in Australia and chain stores like myer, David jones, dick smith and big W. no luck, and if they did have stock it would be 1 64gb/LTE white. Me and my partner already both have 64gb iPhone 5's and 64gb iPad maxis so we only wanted 16 gb minis for travelling. One black and one white. After so many calls to apple it became apparent that they received small shipments every 2 days. Monday, Wed and Friday. Major City stores received deliveries by 10am and as you fan out to the burbs from the cities the deliveries were later in the afternoon.

So with this info I headed into Sydney's flagship store by midday and they had already sold out 2 hours ago. Next I tried a store 20 mins out by train Chatswood. They had only just sold out. Next I tried Hornsby store 50 minutes away and they told me a delivery was due sometime soon. I jumped on the train, took the plunge and got to the store asked if the delivery had arrived and was told it was just being unloaded. They put my name on a list and in 30 mins I walked out with exactly what I wanted. I'm now typing this on my brand new iPad mini blk 16gb and love it, whilst my wife is stoked she got a wht iPad mini 16gb.

YAY!!!! Merry Xmas everybody!!!