Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    reneebjb23's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    11 Posts

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Apple has released the newest iPad mini, iPad 4 and the new iPad. That doesnt mean you have to race off and get it.Crazy, I know, particularly coming from the greatest iPad enthusiast site in the world, but that just goes to show you how true it is. When the time comes for you to get your next tablet, whether it's today or next year, and iPad or something else, you should look at what's on the market and decide what best suits your needs.
    If you want the sleekest, slimmest, easiest to use, most mainstream friendly, most content rich, most well supported tablet in the industry, the iPad mini might just be for you. If you want all of that but with far more power, and far more pixels on a much bigger screen, the iPad 4 might just be for you.And what is your iPad?
  2. #2  
    zeteo's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    651 Global Posts

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    I have a Mac Book Pro, an iPad 3 (64g), and a Mini (64g).

    I picked up my Mini on Sunday from Target. I am so thrilled! After I had it set up I haven't opened my MBP, or my Retina iPad. This Mini is spectacular. I even find myself reading books on it. Due to having a head injury one of my favorite past times reading, is very difficult for me. The mini actually helps me!

    I just love this thing!




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 5-64, iPad 4, iPad Mini, Mac Book Pro

    "I've tried the rest, now I am staying with the best!"
  3. #3  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default Re: iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    I have the mini. I sold my iPad 3 a month after I got the mini. Just didn't use it anymore.
    Thanked by:
    MrJDStokes (01-13-2013)
  4. #4  
    Peligro911's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,830 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,879 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Got a ipad 4 came from the two ...


    Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
  5. #5  
    Irish Rose's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    I have a White 64 GB cellular/WiFi iPad Mini. I sold the iPad 3 because I wasn't using it. While the retina screen was nice, the full size iPad wasn't as portable for me and therefore didn't get used as much as it should have. I absolutely love my iPad Mini and even though I do own the iPhone 5 that does have a very nice retina display, I have no issues at all with the non retina display on the Mini. IMHO, the Mini is what should have come out first before the full size iPad.


    Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.
    MrJDStokes likes this.
  6. #6  
    LVMHgirl's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    449 Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.2

    Default Re: iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    I am getting my mini 16 gb on Saturday. Keeping my iPad3 64 gb and hub decided to keep our iPad1 64 gb so I don't think I'll need to get anything bigger. Probably won't store any movies on it anyway since we usually watch those on the 3 or plug it into the TV.

    UPDATE: Exchanged the 16 for a 32 on Sunday. Went in to our Apple Store and were told by the greeter that black 32's were sold out in California until after the holidays.

    Luckily, we hung around and shopped for accessories because we asked another apple guy when the next shipment was expected. He checked the inventory just in case and saw that they had one in stock. Yay! So it's always a good idea to ask them to check.
    Last edited by LVMHgirl; 12-17-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    Formerly PCgirl on CB.com and BBForums
    Star-Tac --> Nextel (ugh!) --> BB 8100 --> 8300 --> 8900 --> 9700 -->  iPhone 4S -->  5
  7. #7  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    I've got a 3rd gen iPad and I love it. I was tempted to sell it and buy a mini because my commute to and from work is an hour each way. So the smaller, lighter Mini would be nicer. However I'm writing a 📓 and do it all on my iPad. So I don't know if I could give up Retina in that case. I would like the 4th gen but I got an iPhone 5 this year which means no more 💰 for Apple devices 😔 I haven't been on Contract for over 5 yrs now so I always pay full price for my iPhones. I guess I'll be waiting for the Retina Mini.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  8. #8  
    ChrisLuce#IM's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    I have had iPad & iPad 2. I did not plan on selling my iPad 2 but it was due to needing cash. Just started a new job and was in need. I am planning on getting another iPad but not sure if it's going to be the iPad Mini or iPad 4.
  9. #9  
    Janet.'s Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts

    Default Re: iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    I have the ipad4 and the iPad mini for my son. Thinking of buying another mini for my car.
  10. #10  
    iCeborg's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Mini, White, 16GB only WIFI. It is the best 22K I have spent.
  11. #11  
    Sekelani Zwambila's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,229 Posts

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    I have the mini. I sold my iPad 3 a month after I got the mini. Just didn't use it anymore.
    One thing I don't get is why you guys lives the mini bureau it's smaller and lighter but guys. That's it.
    I have the iPad 4. It's a beast. But I do admit. It's heavy.
    I'm guessing that why you guys like it yeah?
    It's a down grade from the iPad 3 but smaller. Not worth the upgrade
  12. #12  
    Irish Rose's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sekelani Zwambila View Post
    One thing I don't get is why you guys lives the mini bureau it's smaller and lighter but guys. That's it.
    I have the iPad 4. It's a beast. But I do admit. It's heavy.
    I'm guessing that why you guys like it yeah?
    It's a down grade from the iPad 3 but smaller. Not worth the upgrade
    To YOU it's not worth the upgrade. However, it is to Those of us that do own the Mini, it is worth the upgrade.

    I bought the iPad 4 at the same time as the Mini, and returned the iPad 4 within one week. My iPad Mini was able to do everything the 4 did. Maybe a tad bit slower, but not enough for me to care, really. As for the retina display, I have the iPhone 5 and yeah the display is nice, **** my Mini's screen while not retina is still very nice and I have no problems at all reading on it. I'll take my cute little Mini over the larger iPad any day, YMMV....
  13. #13  
    Sekelani Zwambila's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,229 Posts

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    To YOU it's not worth the upgrade. However, it is to Those of us that do own the Mini, it is worth the upgrade.

    I bought the iPad 4 at the same time as the Mini, and returned the iPad 4 within one week. My iPad Mini was able to do everything the 4 did. Maybe a tad bit slower, but not enough for me to care, really. As for the retina display, I have the iPhone 5 and yeah the display is nice, **** my Mini's screen while not retina is still very nice and I have no problems at all reading on it. I'll take my cute little Mini over the larger iPad any day, YMMV....
    Fair enough buddy. It's just you do know the mini will be out dated quicker than the iPad 4 ?
    Due to the obvious specs on A6X processor and retina display.
  14. #14  
    Irish Rose's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sekelani Zwambila View Post
    Fair enough buddy. It's just you do know the mini will be out dated quicker than the iPad 4 ?
    Due to the obvious specs on A6X processor and retina display.
    Just so you are aware, even your beloved iPad 4 will be outdated when the iPad 5 comes out based on your own comparison to specs. Now, as far as support goes, the iPad Mini will continue to receive iOS updates from Apple for at least 2 more years, so no worries here about it becoming outdated. I know people that are still using the iPad 1 that are still perfectly happy with its performance, I'm sure the same will hold true for those unlike myself who don't get a new device every year.
  15. #15  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default Re: iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sekelani Zwambila View Post
    Fair enough buddy. It's just you do know the mini will be out dated quicker than the iPad 4 ?
    Due to the obvious specs on A6X processor and retina display.
    Dated quicker? iPad 4 that could possible only be old maybe for a half of a year could be dated quicker. Both are excellent products. Look how long iPad 2 has been sold. Apple products don't get dated fast.
  16. #16  
    blind man's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Dated quicker? iPad 4 that could possible only be old maybe for a half of a year could be dated quicker. Both are excellent products. Look how long iPad 2 has been sold. Apple products don't get dated fast.
    Unless you are unlucky and got iPad3
  17. #17  
    Sekelani Zwambila's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,229 Posts

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Yes all you guys have a point. I'm talking about the processing power point of view.
    The a7 would obviously be twice has faster gas the a6 petty upgrades really.
    I'm just saying the a5 would get out dated quicker than the a6 which is obvious.
    But yes besides that the mini is good at what it does. It's clearly not a power house. Just a tablet to read stuff on.
    Period.
  18. #18  
    Irish Rose's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sekelani Zwambila View Post
    Yes all you guys have a point. I'm talking about the processing power point of view.
    The a7 would obviously be twice has faster gas the a6 petty upgrades really.
    I'm just saying the a5 would get out dated quicker than the a6 which is obvious.
    But yes besides that the mini is good at what it does. It's clearly not a power house. Just a tablet to read stuff on.
    Period.
    Come on now, I can do a LOT more than just read on my Mini, and it certainly isn't underpowered by any means. I'm glad you are enjoying your iPad 4, however, there is no need to come in here and put down the iPad Mini, especially since you don't own one.
  19. #19  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Come on now, I can do a LOT more than just read on my Mini, and it certainly isn't underpowered by any means. I'm glad you are enjoying your iPad 4, however, there is no need to come in here and put down the iPad Mini, especially since you don't own one.
    I don't think he is putting anyone down. I think it is actually a pretty great discussion and I'm assuming English is not his first language so maybe there is some things lost in translation. I find it funny that even among users of the same brand people get deffensive amongst each other lol.

    This is my real question why does everyone talk about the iPad Mini not having Retina? The iPad didn't get Retina until this year, if it wasn't for the 4th gen the 3rd gen would have been the 1st and only iPad with Retina. So in only a couple months people keep talking about the lack of Retina like it's an industry standard why?
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  20. #20  
    Irish Rose's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    I don't think he is putting anyone down. I think it is actually a pretty great discussion and I'm assuming English is not his first language so maybe there is some things lost in translation. I find it funny that even among users of the same brand people get deffensive amongst each other lol.

    This is my real question why does everyone talk about the iPad Mini not having Retina? The iPad didn't get Retina until this year, if it wasn't for the 4th gen the 3rd gen would have been the 1st and only iPad with Retina. So in only a couple months people keep talking about the lack of Retina like it's an industry standard why?
    I had a problem with that poster saying the Mini is only good for reading on, and then posting the word "period" as if his/her opinion was the end of the discussion. I agree with you here about Retina, but every iPad forum that I've been to always use the Mini's lack of retina display not to get it.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  21. #21  
    Sekelani Zwambila's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,229 Posts

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    I don't think he is putting anyone down. I think it is actually a pretty great discussion and I'm assuming English is not his first language so maybe there is some things lost in translation. I find it funny that even among users of the same brand people get deffensive amongst each other lol.

    This is my real question why does everyone talk about the iPad Mini not having Retina? The iPad didn't get Retina until this year, if it wasn't for the 4th gen the 3rd gen would have been the 1st and only iPad with Retina. So in only a couple months people keep talking about the lack of Retina like it's an industry standard why?
    Lol. Mind you English is my first language. I was in a rush to work and only realised now how disgusting my writing looks now haha..
    Back to discussion.
    I'm not putting down the product. HELL NO...
    I'm just starring how long a product would last in popularity and the strength in processing power etc.
    don't mean to upset you buddy.
    I'm sorry
  22. #22  
    impaler's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    470 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1

    Default Re: iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    I ordered my mini 64GB LTE today...can't wait for the Apple Store to open up in town so I can go get it. I have an original iPad, and the iPad 3...both cellular models - so for me, I can't live without the cellular, I want data everywhere I go. I'm worried about a downgraded display, and the text I read at the Apple Store was crappy, as Retina has spoiled me a bit. But after carefully considering, reading tons of reviews from those that have converted, I'm willing to give it a try. I remember how amazing movies and TV shows were on my original iPad at the time, and how much better it was than viewing on a laptop, so I have to remember this display's even better. The size, I think, will lead me to leave the house more often with it. We'll see.
    --
    iPhone 5s Space Gray 64GB (AT&T), iPad 3 LTE 64GB (AT&T), MacBook Air 13" (Mid-2011), Apple TVs Around the House, Time Capsule 3TB
  23. #23  
    impaler's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    470 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1

    Default Re: iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    While the retina screen was nice, the full size iPad wasn't as portable for me and therefore didn't get used as much as it should have.
    First off, I TOTALLY agree with you on portability. I'm just reflecting on this: isn't it funny how lack of portability in an iPad is a consideration in 2012, where in 2010, when the idea was new, it was hailed as portability king? Fascinating times.
    --
    iPhone 5s Space Gray 64GB (AT&T), iPad 3 LTE 64GB (AT&T), MacBook Air 13" (Mid-2011), Apple TVs Around the House, Time Capsule 3TB
  24. #24  
    Irish Rose's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by impaler View Post
    First off, I TOTALLY agree with you on portability. I'm just reflecting on this: isn't it funny how lack of portability in an iPad is a consideration in 2012, where in 2010, when the idea was new, it was hailed as portability king? Fascinating times.
    If I'm not mistaken, when the Galaxy tab came out in a 7" there were those people like myself who wanted the iPad to be smaller like that, however, Steve Jobs said that would never happen with the iPad. But look at what has changed over the years. I for one couldn't wait to get the iPad Mini when I first heard about it as it came in a size that I felt was just right for a tablet. Only problem was I had to wait a little longer due to the delay in the cellular model. Now because of how light and small my Mini is I find myself taking it everywhere with me and it gets a lot more use than my iPad 3 ever did.


    Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.
  25. #25  
    Irish Rose's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

    Default iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sekelani Zwambila View Post
    Lol. Mind you English is my first language. I was in a rush to work and only realised now how disgusting my writing looks now haha..
    Back to discussion.
    I'm not putting down the product. HELL NO...
    I'm just starring how long a product would last in popularity and the strength in processing power etc.
    don't mean to upset you buddy.
    I'm sorry
    As far as popularity goes, I would say it's an even split right now with the new iPad even though the Mini lacks the retina display. I can easily get the new iPad at any of my local stores as they do have a limited stock of them. However, the iPad Mini still can't be easily found in any store at this time. I think when the Mini finally does get a retina display it will be the #1 selling iPad....


    Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Show us your iPad Mini Lock and Home screen:
    By Irish Rose in forum Original iPad mini
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 08-29-2014, 07:57 PM
  2. iPad Mini and Notability / Handwritten Notes apps
    By eye4ni in forum Original iPad mini
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 09:31 PM
  3. iPad mini and pinterest pp
    By Atheana in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 02:20 AM
  4. iPad mini and YouTube
    By iphonefizzle in forum Original iPad mini
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 05:50 AM
  5. iPad Mini and Mac OS X
    By lazling520 in forum Original iPad mini
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions