iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think he is putting anyone down. I think it is actually a pretty great discussion and I'm assuming English is not his first language so maybe there is some things lost in translation. I find it funny that even among users of the same brand people get deffensive amongst each other lol.

This is my real question why does everyone talk about the iPad Mini not having Retina? The iPad didn't get Retina until this year, if it wasn't for the 4th gen the 3rd gen would have been the 1st and only iPad with Retina. So in only a couple months people keep talking about the lack of Retina like it's an industry standard why?

Lol. Mind you English is my first language. I was in a rush to work and only realised now how disgusting my writing looks now haha..
Back to discussion.
I'm not putting down the product. HELL NO...
I'm just starring how long a product would last in popularity and the strength in processing power etc.
don't mean to upset you buddy.
I'm sorry

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I ordered my mini 64GB LTE today...can't wait for the Apple Store to open up in town so I can go get it. I have an original iPad, and the iPad 3...both cellular models - so for me, I can't live without the cellular, I want data everywhere I go. I'm worried about a downgraded display, and the text I read at the Apple Store was crappy, as Retina has spoiled me a bit. But after carefully considering, reading tons of reviews from those that have converted, I'm willing to give it a try. I remember how amazing movies and TV shows were on my original iPad at the time, and how much better it was than viewing on a laptop, so I have to remember this display's even better. The size, I think, will lead me to leave the house more often with it. We'll see.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
While the retina screen was nice, the full size iPad wasn't as portable for me and therefore didn't get used as much as it should have.

First off, I TOTALLY agree with you on portability. I'm just reflecting on this: isn't it funny how lack of portability in an iPad is a consideration in 2012, where in 2010, when the idea was new, it was hailed as portability king? Fascinating times.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
First off, I TOTALLY agree with you on portability. I'm just reflecting on this: isn't it funny how lack of portability in an iPad is a consideration in 2012, where in 2010, when the idea was new, it was hailed as portability king? Fascinating times.

If I'm not mistaken, when the Galaxy tab came out in a 7" there were those people like myself who wanted the iPad to be smaller like that, however, Steve Jobs said that would never happen with the iPad. But look at what has changed over the years. I for one couldn't wait to get the iPad Mini when I first heard about it as it came in a size that I felt was just right for a tablet. Only problem was I had to wait a little longer due to the delay in the cellular model. Now because of how light and small my Mini is I find myself taking it everywhere with me and it gets a lot more use than my iPad 3 ever did.

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Mind you English is my first language. I was in a rush to work and only realised now how disgusting my writing looks now haha..
Back to discussion.
I'm not putting down the product. HELL NO...
I'm just starring how long a product would last in popularity and the strength in processing power etc.
don't mean to upset you buddy.
I'm sorry

As far as popularity goes, I would say it's an even split right now with the new iPad even though the Mini lacks the retina display. I can easily get the new iPad at any of my local stores as they do have a limited stock of them. However, the iPad Mini still can't be easily found in any store at this time. I think when the Mini finally does get a retina display it will be the #1 selling iPad....

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
As far as popularity goes, I would say it's an even split right now with the new iPad even though the Mini lacks the retina display. I can easily get the new iPad at any of my local stores as they do have a limited stock of them. However, the iPad Mini still can't be easily found in any store at this time. I think when the Mini finally does get a retina display it will be the #1 selling iPad....

I agree with that.

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPad 1 16gb and an iPad mini 32gb. Since I never owed the retina iPad I don't know what I am missing and I am glad because I really enjoy my mini. I do have an iPhone 4S coming from a 4 and before that a 3GS. Maybe it is me but I know that my 4s has a better screen but I think that the mini's screen is really nice. When I was purchasing the mini the sales man tried to get me to buy the four saying I wouldn't be happy with the mini. Since Target didn't have working models I decided to get the mini and try it out for thirty days and if I was not happy return and get the four. But I am totally happy with the mini. It is a perfect size to me and I can put right in my purse and go. The one could fit in my purse but I had to take it out of its case. I am glad I didn't listen that sales man who said he had the four. He doesn't know what he is missing. ;)

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
16GB iPad mini here, but I've had all versions from the 1st Gen...the mini is without question my favorite so far. I have an iPhone 5 so charging cables are also compatible.

omgzombiess

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I own the iPad 3 and just bought the iPad Mini last weekend. I'd debated on selling my 3 as I didn't feel the need for both. I've now decided to keep both. I love my 3 and now the Mini. I love the clarity and larger screen of the 3 and love the portability of the mini. I just throw it in my purse and go!! The 3 was heaving to carry everyday. :)

htc2hilt

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've always wanted an iPad. But it wasn't until the Mini's release that I seriously considered buying one. Almost 6 months later, I finally bought my first one.

I'm now a happy owner of a white 32gb WiFi as of a week ago.

The size of the iPad Mini is perfect for my needs and I don't see the need for getting a bigger tablet any time soon.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I've got a 32GB iPad 4th gen. I love it for reading comics and my son loves it for the games. Too bad I'll most likely be getting rid of it as I don't use it much and would like a bicycle for the warmer weather.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73