Black iPad Mini Bruise Easily?

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
So I love the look of the black iPhone 5, but I can't bring myself to give up my white iPhone 5. Looking at the demo units in the store, it seems the sides of the device show the chips in the metal easier than the white.

That leass me to ask, how durable is the black iPad mini? I know the finish chips if it is dropped, but aside from that, how does it hold up?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The black ones I've seen on display at the Apple store are kind of beat up but they also get handled hard. Yes it with showing bruising easier but you will also take much better care than those demo units.

fallenangel808

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So I love the look of the black iPhone 5, but I can't bring myself to give up my white iPhone 5. Looking at the demo units in the store, it seems the sides of the device show the chips in the metal easier than the white.

That leass me to ask, how durable is the black iPad mini? I know the finish chips if it is dropped, but aside from that, how does it hold up?

Like you I was debating if I should get a black iPad mini. I bought the white iPhone 5 for the very reason of the scratches some have said on their black iPhone 5. At the time I didn't have a choice because when I bought the mini from a VerizonWireless corp. store they had the last 32g in black and I didn't want to wait any longer. I'm glad I got it. It was absolutely flawless. So far I had my iPad mini for almost 2 weeks now and it still looks brand new. Even though I'm really careful not to toss it around I'm going to buy a clear snap case w/ the Smart Cover from Best Buy just to be on the safe side.

Sent w/ aloha from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a black 5 and mini. For both I do not use cases, I use front and back skin protectors. My 5 shows faint scratches on a few spots on the sides, not on the flat pieces, but on the edge(screen meets side). My mini does not have any scratches. They are the same materials, so it is all in how you handle them. My 5 gets put in cup holders in the car, sat in my nightstand, etc.....but my mini does not.

I did get AppleCare + for my phone bc I knew it would scratch easily.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

pstmstr

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
I have an iPad mini and an iPhone 5, both in black. I keep both in a Incipio feather case that weighs next to nothing and offers a bit of protection. I do think either unit would show some minor nicks and scratches if carried in a pocket or purse without a case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73