Why did you decide to get the iPad mini?

djstarion

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
So the iPad mini was my 3rd tablet. I previously owned a Kindle Fire 1st gen and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (What a name!)

I loved how iPads were but I wasn't a fan of the size. I liked using my tablets previously to watch Netflix or read books or just browse the web anywhere. On the train, in bed, at home and I felt the iPad was just too bulky to have comfortably, especially laying in bed. The mini is a perfect size for me and lets me stay in the Apple ecosystem. Not to mention Android tablet app quality was still lacking, although I love how Google is starting to be proactive with developers about optimizing for tablets.

Godsdragon

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
My first tablet was a Toshiba 10". Yeah it was huge it was 10 inches. Then, I invested in a Nexus seven last year. I did like it a lot!... then this year I took the plunge since I liked Nexus so much, and I invested in a Nexus second-generation.
Well, I got it, and then I started experiencing hardware and perhaps software challenges.
One thing led to another, I ended up returning it and then took the plunge with the iPad mini that I own now. I really I'm liking it a lot! It is turning out to be a learning curve but it is well worth it!

Godsdragon

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
So the iPad mini was my 3rd tablet. I previously owned a Kindle Fire 1st gen and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (What a name!)

I loved how iPads were but I wasn't a fan of the size. I liked using my tablets previously to watch Netflix or read books or just browse the web anywhere. On the train, in bed, at home and I felt the iPad was just too bulky to have comfortably, especially laying in bed. The mini is a perfect size for me and lets me stay in the Apple ecosystem. Not to mention Android tablet app quality was still lacking, although I love how Google is starting to be proactive with developers about optimizing for tablets.

The iPad mini is my third tablet too... It is being the decisive factor for me to change my gadget paradigm and go Apple all the way. I have been worried for the longest time about the learning curve involved, but now that I am hands on my IPad, I can see the quality hardware difference, so I am looking forward to an iPhone in February, and eventually to a MacBook... :biggrin:

Eli_B

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I thought I'd chime in here for a sec. I had a PlayBook Tablet, but it broke, and I wanted to replace it. I've had previous experience with Apple products (an iPod Touch)..so I thought that the iPad Mini would be a great choice as a tablet replacement. So, I marched myself down to the Apple store on 59th Street in New York and splurged on one.

I'm extremely happy that I did and and very happy with my decision :)

So now you can say I'm in a mixed marriage of sorts.. I use my wonderful BlackBerry Z10 for my daily driver and my awesome iPad Mini for my gaming :biggrin:

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I sold my ipad 4 & got the first gen mini when it first came out & dispite its shortcomings (no retina, slow processor etc) I quickly got to love the size & portability if it. I had no wish to return to my retina iPad 4 because they just felt so big now. Then enter the iPad mini with retina with the same spec as the iPad Air & the rest is History.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2