Why did you decide to get the iPad mini?

jonathan2677

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure the ipad retina will come out, but understand when the Ipad mini w/ retina comes out talk of ipad mini 3 will be going around.

So true with the fast moving world of tech there's always talk of the next thing coming, that's why I agree if you want something and it covers your needs get it, if in a few months something comes that you absolutely think is worth the upgrade , then hand it down to family or sell it, but again like said then the 3 will be talked about! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tinstartio

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do you feel?

I've been a Apple i guy for approx 6-7 years. Started with iPhone 3GS. Then 1st gen iPad. All the way up to my current iPhone 5, Gen 4 iPad and iPad mini. I love them. They are easy to use, great battery life and apps galor. I find I use my apples for just about anything. Fast easy, always on and ready to use. I feel like a dork when I push on my computers screen, then figure out its not my iPad. Lolol.

Iproducts all the way.

PS I decided on getting a mini to replace a Kindle Fire. The size is great when an iPad will just be too big. Nice if you can have both.

moshe5368

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I was a die hard android fan for years and couldn't think of a reason to ever try an apple product. Then the Jelly Bean update came out for my Asus transformer. What a disappointment! The screen lag and force close issues drove me crazy. Just for giggles, I decided to try out a mini at best buy. What a difference. So long android, hello apple. Bought 2 mini's and will be looking into an iPad 4 and a MacBook. It's hard to admit, but I was wrong all these years. The apple ecosystem is the best I have ever seen. All the years I wasted as a Linux and android developer allow me to appreciate the work that went into apple.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I was a die hard android fan for years and couldn't think of a reason to ever try an apple product. Then the Jelly Bean update came out for my Asus transformer. What a disappointment! The screen lag and force close issues drove me crazy. Just for giggles, I decided to try out a mini at best buy. What a difference. So long android, hello apple. Bought 2 mini's and will be looking into an iPad 4 and a MacBook. It's hard to admit, but I was wrong all these years. The apple ecosystem is the best I have ever seen. All the years I wasted as a Linux and android developer allow me to appreciate the work that went into apple.

Welcome home!

chitowntexan70

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the 1st Gen iPad before any of the mini tabs. Before it was stollen I loved its performance. I didn't care for the size it was to big to carry around. I just did without a tab until I bought the galaxy tab 2 7" . The size was perfect, the android system cornbread, ice milk, honeycomb whatever they call it this week.? I hated it!!!!! Then the mini came out and I fell in love😄

Khaiko

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do you feel?

My mom and her Boyfriend both have the iPad 3rd Generation and I always found it too big to carry around since I travel a lot for school and since I have a MacBook and an iPhone 4 I love the ecosystem and didn't want to relearn a new OS.

But when the iPad Mini was announced and my semester was starting I had to get it and I find myself always using it now! The next week my mom grabbed one too and now barely uses her old iPad lol.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My 3 year old son confiscated my iPad 2 when he learned to play his games and watch PBS Sprout on it. I have been intrigued by the size and weight of the Mini so picked one up for my birthday -- really like it a lot, and since I came from the iPad 2 (even with an iPhone 5) I have no issues with the display being non-retina. For Tapatalk, Kindle, and even some games and of course web and email, the screen is more than sufficient.

spark032207#WN

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Had the iPad 3. Loved the apps and the display (God I miss the display), but it was too heavy for me to use one handedly during commute (which is a big chunk of my use). So got the mini instead. No regrets, but I'd love it if Apple came out with Retina iPad Mini soon.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I kept putting off getting an iPad because my 13" MBP was portable enough for me. Then the mini was introduced and it was the perfectly between the MBP and the iPhone.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
The best form factor? The iPad Mini is much harder to hold than the Nexus 7 with one hand. Much harder.

And can you explain to me exactly how iOS 6 is better than Android 4.2? I mean the actual OS, not the eco system.
Here here! I use both Android and iOS, and find 4.2.2 to be a much more capable operating system.
Not in this thread. There are plenty of other threads addressing this. Or you can go back to AC where you have already determined that Android is better. Thanks, and have a pleasant day.
Someone's in denial!

TRoss

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm now all Apple, but it is important to note that I didn't start that way. I grew up with PCs and had two windows laptops for college and my first Master's degree. I swore I'd never get a Mac, though I had no good reason, it just seemed right to hate them when so many people loved them so. But eventually I needed a new laptop and got talked into trying a MacBook and I never looked back.

When I got a smartphone, I swore I'd never get an iPhone with essentially the same logic as before. I started on webOS, and I still miss its ease of tweaking and multitasking...it truly was ahead of its time. The problem was you needed to tweak because of all the things it didn't have apps to do, and when HP did the best little OS in, I decided to go to what I thought was the next best, a Nexus S. Then I found out that in order to do little tiny tweaks I had to unlock the boot loader and install a custom version of the OS that may or may not have the right combination of tweaks and options for me, and all of that with no easy way back webOS Doctor. I ended up deciding that android was neither as customizable nor as elegant as webOS, and at least iOS came close with the latter.

I think what I realized was that my two laptops didn't hold up for more than about a year after I bought me before they started feeling old and requiring constant plugging in. My android phone felt similar. Granted, the Nexus S, which came out two years ago this month and so is just ending its life cycle for the earliest adopters(!), spanned a quantum leap for android. It came out on 2.3.7 and was up to 4.1.1 by the time I left, I think. But 4.1.1 barely ran on it. Right before I switched I tried to google something. It took me ten minutes and ten percent of my battery before I finally gave up and used my MacBook instead. I knew I had to switch. I guess I decided I didn't want to fight the same battle with a tablet that I did with laptops and phones. Though I guess I did. Sitting next to me is a rarely used fire sale HP TouchPad that dual boots webOS and CyanogenMOD (I ended up preferring webOS still), so I guess I used two other OS's before he Mini.

I won't say android is terrible, lots of people love it and I'm happy for them and for the competition in the market. I never liked it, though. Ultimately I was won over the hard way three times by the good stuff that Apple makes and that I blindly swore I'd never buy.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I love the 7 inch form factor, and I went for the iOS device for the access to the apps. Since just about everything has an iOS version, and also I already have investments in the ecosystem via my old ipod touches. :)

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Dropping down to a mini allowed me to go 64gb 3/4g rather than the usual 32gb Wifi I always got with the original size iPads. I love the mini & I'm really looking forward to it getting a retina display & a bump up in processor. But until then I can easily cope with the current iPad mini & can't see myself going back to the full size iPad. I love it.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well since the iPad came out I always wanted one but really didn't know if I should considering I have an iPod and have an iPhone I always felt that the iPad was a bit to big.. But once I seen that they made a iPad mini and I went to see the sample in stores I just had to get one it was affordable and I like the look and the size of the mini it's very easy to carry around and it's not to heavy.. iPad maybe have a bigger screen but I think the iPad mini screen is just big enough

lmpotthoff

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I was a die-hard Pocket PC fan in the early 90s. Then became a crazy Blackberry fan in the late 90s. Then graduated to become tunnel visioned Android for the new mellinium. I was nuts over Android. Last year my phone contract was up and I decided to do something new. I purchased a iPhone 5 knowing that I had my GS3 as a back up if I was disappointed. Well, hell, guess who has my GS3 now? Someone else! iOS is awesome in EVERY way. I haven't had the slightest urge to go back. I don't have to go into specifics as this forum is the very reason I decided on purchasing my iPad Mini. I have it surgically attached to my fingers with my thumbs free. It will take a miracle of science for another manufacturer to create something that comes close to the Mini and iOS.

bermie2000

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, the MAIN reason I got the mini was because I couldn't do PTPP VPN on my playbook and I was tired of having to take my laptop whenever I would go away for work (in the event I needed to get sometime minor from my work computer).
Then, I played with an ipod touch for a while, and, after getting used to it, decided to get the mini, as I could do everythign I needed on the touch as well, but the screen was too small. So far, I'm happy with my decision.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2