Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Why did you decide to get the iPad mini?

I just really don't think it's that bad...but that's just me. It's sufficient enough.
    [FONT=Garamond]iPhone 4 32GB Black, 2012 MBP 13" i5/FONT]
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

Default Re: How do you feel?

I decided to go with the iPad Mini for a bunch of reasons.
    -Size/Weight
    -iOS
    -Available Apps
    -Works well with my Apple TV

I was also doing research on the Nexus tab but because of all the above and the fact that I own a few Apple computers and an iPhone it just made sense to pickup a mini, and I am very glad I did. Also very happy I choose a Cellular iPad mini over a wifi model.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    iOS Version

For me, portability versus the tradeoff of the downgraded screen quality. The screen crispness is really bad compared to my iPad 3, but I'm going to decide this week which to keep and sell the other one.
    --
    iPhone 5s Space Gray 64GB (AT&T), iPad 3 LTE 64GB (AT&T), MacBook Air 13" (Mid-2011), Apple TVs Around the House, Time Capsule 3TB
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

Default Re: Why did you decide to get the iPad mini?

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    I wanted a Tablet that was light weight and thin. My Mini fit that requirement like a glove. I would not give it back for anything now. Best small size tablet on the market, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    +1

My thoughts exactly!
    Formerly PCgirl on CB.com and BBForums
    Star-Tac --> Nextel --> BB 8100 --> 8300 --> 8900 --> 9700 -->  iPhone 4S -->  5 -->  6+
    iMore Intermediate

I am still making my mind but I will choose an iOS device because of the operating system and I would choose the iPad Mini because of its compact size. There is more screen than the iphone but the dimensions are not as large as the iPad - I think it is a good combination.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

I own a Galaxy Note ( Beautiful Deep Blacks & Saturated Colors ) I bought a Nexus-10 (Gray-Blacks Shallow Colors + Light-Bleed around the edges ) gave it 10 days ( while looking at comparison test: iPad Mini vs Nexus 7 ) on YouTube & the Net and I knew this was the Tablet for me.. Took the N10 back to Wal-Mart, purchased the Mini and have never looked back.. Perfect Size, Perfect Weight and Perfect Color... Now I have the best of both Worlds.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts

I had an iPad 3 but it was just too big for me to carry everywhere and though I prefer iOS I was using my original Samsung Galaxy Tab because I liked the small size. When the mini was announced I must say I was disappointed, I was honestly expecting a retina display and a starting price of $299 so I really had no plans on purchasing until the next gen was released the only thing that was a positive was that now the iPad had Sprint as a choice of cellular service. Well I got an email from Sprint offering $100 off the price of their iPads so I decided to give it a try and if I didn't like it I would just send it back but I am happy to say I am extremely pleased. This goes with me everywhere and I haven't put it down since it was delivered on Tuesday. I still think it should have came with a retina display but I guess they need something for the next generation lol.
    It's better to be pissed off than pissed on

iPhone 6 64gb space grey . iPad air 64gb LTE silver . iPad mini 16gb LTE black/slate . MacBook Pro 13" . ATV 3rd gen . iPod classic . iPod nano
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by xoxospecialk View Post
    I still think it should have came with a retina display but I guess they need something for the next generation lol.
    The iPad Mini doesn't need retina like the first iPhone didn't need 3G
    Typing this on my iPad 2 so the screen is fine to me. Maybe if I already had retina it would matter...
    robert
    iPhone 6 64GB White/Silver (VZW)
    iPhone 5 32GB Black/Slate (VZW)
    iPhone 4 16GB (AT&T)
    iPhone 8GB (AT&T)
    iPad Mini 32GB (WiFi)
    iPad 2 3G 32GB (AT&T)
    Quickly sync files between your desktop and iPhone with DropBox
    Keep passwords secure with Lastpass
    Follow me on twitter | Follow me on instagram
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    The iPad Mini doesn't need retina like the first iPhone didn't need 3G
    Typing this on my iPad 2 so the screen is fine to me. Maybe if I already had retina it would matter...
    The first iPhone didn't need 3G because I don't even think there was 3G and it was the only thing on the market like it. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be, it looks that same to me as my galaxy tab did thought I don't have it anymore so I can do a side by side. I still think since almost everything else Apple is making especially portable products are retina that this should have been too but it's just my opinion.
    It's better to be pissed off than pissed on

iPhone 6 64gb space grey . iPad air 64gb LTE silver . iPad mini 16gb LTE black/slate . MacBook Pro 13" . ATV 3rd gen . iPod classic . iPod nano
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by xoxospecialk View Post
    The first iPhone didn't need 3G because I don't even think there was 3G and it was the only thing on the market like it.
    There was 3G - my Motorola Razr had it. Edge was used for battery life supposedly then the 3G came out after that.
    robert
    iPhone 6 64GB White/Silver (VZW)
    iPhone 5 32GB Black/Slate (VZW)
    iPhone 4 16GB (AT&T)
    iPhone 8GB (AT&T)
    iPad Mini 32GB (WiFi)
    iPad 2 3G 32GB (AT&T)
    Quickly sync files between your desktop and iPhone with DropBox
    Keep passwords secure with Lastpass
    Follow me on twitter | Follow me on instagram
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    ios 6

I get the iPad mini just because i need it.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

I ordered a Mini since my son hijacked my iPad 3. Should be here Friday.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Read books, magazines and wee bit of gaming..

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    872 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Reasons -

1) Portable(because of size)
    2) Light weight
    3) B'ful black slate toned color
    4) Not expensive
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

My nexus 7 was freezing and lagging, so I sold it and got a mini. I enjoy android but will wait and see how the version 2 of their nexus tab is. Loving the mini so far
    iMore Newbie

The bigger iPad was just too unwieldy to carry. I often found myself debating whether to bring it with me places. The mini is in a completely different league. Sometimes I wish this thing had cell phone capabilities!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts

I am also as some of the posters have disclosed here a complete geek and I have to have almost all the best from each mobile OS. I own Bold 9900 and Playbook, Pre3 and Touchpad, Nexus 4 and Nexus 7, Htc One X and Htc Jetstream 4G LTE, Nokia Lumia 900, iPhone 5, iPad3 and for some reason, I thought I was missing iPad Mini. Now my wife completely disagreed with me and said I was missing nothing. Sure enough, yesterday I got home a little late from work caring iPad Mini.
    iPhone Nanite

I have both the Google Nexus 7 and the iPad mini. I like the Nexus 7, but I like the iPad mini better. Here are some reasons why:

1. The Nexus 7 has sharper and higher resolution text, but the iPad mini's screen is a third larger. Also, the colors on the iPad mini seem more balanced and saturated to me.

2. Even with the larger screen, the iPad mini is thinner and lighter than the Nexus 7. I take mass transit to work and have to stand up during the entire 30 minute ride. The iPad mini is easier to hold. In fact the mini with a leather case still feels a bit lighter than the Nexus 7 without the case.

3. The side bezels are narrow on both devices. However, the iPad mini allows my thumb to rest past the bezel onto the actual screen without it being considered a "touch." If I try to do the same on a Nexus 7, a page might turn or something else touch-activated might occur.

4. Although the Android OS provides more customization options than iOS, the iOS app experience is superior. Most Nexus 7 apps are literally smartphone apps on a tablet. The user experience on a Nexus 7 is like having a large Nexus 4 phone. By contrast, the user experience on an iPad mini is like having a small iPad.

5. I like the rubber back of the Nexus 7, but it has already accidentally popped off the tablet when I dropped it on soft carpet. It makes me question the build quality.

6. Finally, I don't see much of a difference between the two when it comes to videos and games.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

It Comes To Ecosystem For Me... I'm Absolutely Invested & In Love With What Apple Did... From The Variety Of Apps To The Simplicity... Far As Tablet... I Have The iPad 3 & Love It But For Mobility Purposes I Prefer My Mini When Out & About... The Lightness & Thinness Is Perfect...

iPhone 5 32gb, iPad 3 32gb, iPad Mini LTE 32gb, Apple TV3 x2..... Love The Ecosystem... 😜
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,061 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kristopherlarry View Post
    It Comes To Ecosystem For Me... I'm Absolutely Invested & In Love With What Apple Did... From The Variety Of Apps To The Simplicity... Far As Tablet... I Have The iPad 3 & Love It But For Mobility Purposes I Prefer My Mini When Out & About... The Lightness & Thinness Is Perfect...

iPhone 5 32gb, iPad 3 32gb, iPad Mini LTE 32gb, Apple TV3 x2..... Love The Ecosystem... 😜
    I agree. I have MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, 2-iPhone 5s, 2-iPad mini, 3-Apple TVs and selling a MacBook Air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wifey and I: 2 iPhone 5's (Black - Hers and White - Mine)
    Macbook Pro
    2nd Macbook Air
    New iPad in black 32GB wifi
    3rd Gen. iPod (Baby Lullaby Music)
    If I helped you - Please hit that little +REP button
    It looks like an old-school scale next to the report button
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

I like the quality of Apple products better. I've already paid for a bunch of apps on iOS and I own an iPhone 5 as well.
    Sprint iPhone 5 16GB - iOS 6.0.2
    iPad mini 16GB, WiFi - iOS 6.0.2
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy25 View Post
    As probably most of you know that the nexus 7 has better screen resolution and better specs. Why did you guys decided to get the iPad mink instead of the nexus 7 knowing this?
    Because specs and screen mean nothing when your tablet simply plays blown up phone apps
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    5.1.1 / 6

I remember clearly discussing not wanting an iPad mini before the announcement as I thought it was pointless for my needs. I already owned a iPhone 5 and iPad 2 so it seemed overkill. After picking one up in Sydney Apple Store I played Jetpack Joyride and fell in love.

I travel a lot on long train rides as I live on NSW Central Coast and always took my iPad 2, the iPad mini became the perfect replacement. It's lightweight, great for games and books and fits in my bag perfectly.

Now my iPad 2 is always in its clam shell keyboard case as my writing device and my mini is my media consumption device.

I was happy to eat my words. My partner has the exact same set up as me and we are stoked!!
    Check out my band DreadCircus - http://www.jadestarr.com.au
    iPhone 5 64GB / iPad mini 16GB / iPad 2 64GB / Apple TV / MacBook Pro
    Team Jailbreak!!!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    My nexus 7 was freezing and lagging, so I sold it and got a mini. I enjoy android but will wait and see how the version 2 of their nexus tab is. Loving the mini so far
    Pretty much this. I was having the same problems with lagging, freezing and rebooting. The mini is more stable and smoother and in real life there isn't much difference in screen quality. Text is a bit sharper on the nexus 7 but the colour contrast is much better on the iPad mini. Also the lack of tablet specific apps, availability of better a range of apps and access to TV shows were all factors in why I switched from the nexus 7 to the iPad mini.
    iMore Newbie

My birthday is right around the corner and I have been reading some posts in this forum and have a difficult decision to make. I have to choose between iPad mini and iPad 3. I am getting it to play games and read books or even watch movies while on deployment. The iPad 3 is 314 on bestbuy.com and the iPad mini is 329 which one should I get. I am concerned about screen resolution between the two. Thanks
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast