Why did you decide to get the iPad mini?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: How do you feel?

The best form factor? The iPad Mini is much harder to hold than the Nexus 7 with one hand. Much harder.

And can you explain to me exactly how iOS 6 is better than Android 4.2? I mean the actual OS, not the eco system.

Not in this thread. There are plenty of other threads addressing this. Or you can go back to AC where you have already determined that Android is better. Thanks, and have a pleasant day.

kennethkilo

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm a near pro junior golfer in Canada, the apps and tools that help with my golfing is essential. iPad mini has the same great camera, and is more portable. Perfect for my daily training with coaches or alone.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The mini is my third iPad (had the original and the 3) and also two iPhones, so I have a lot invested in the iOS apps.

I have a 3 and when held the iPad mini at a store, I was sold! I knew this was the tablet size I always wanted and why I really liked the Nexus 7. I'm also well vested in the Apple ecosystem. How did you reconcile going from the Retina iPad to the lower resolution? I can't go back now - spoiled by Retina.

Allesandro

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
As probably most of you know that the nexus 7 has better screen resolution and better specs. Why did you guys decided to get the iPad mink instead of the nexus 7 knowing this? I need your opinions. I currently own a nexus 7 that I brought 3 weeks ago but 2 days ago was my first time seeing and holding an iPad mini. And that thing is beautiful I think I will need to sell this nexus 7 and buy the iPad mini Asap.

Mini:
Lightweight and thin design
Larger screen than the Nexus 7
Very high quality build
Superior web browsing (no lag like I found on the Nexus 7)
Apple ecosystem IOS which works flawlessly

pstmstr

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site

I retured my first mini and tried the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for a few days. I just couldn't leave the Apple IOS and bought another mini. I returned the Note 2, it was a decent device but for me, the Android OS is just too clunky. It is getting better but the Ipad Mini is the perfect size and tons of apps I already use on my iphone 5 are available for it as well.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

I decided to go with the iPad Mini for a bunch of reasons.
-Size/Weight
-iOS
-Available Apps
-Works well with my Apple TV

I was also doing research on the Nexus tab but because of all the above and the fact that I own a few Apple computers and an iPhone it just made sense to pickup a mini, and I am very glad I did. Also very happy I choose a Cellular iPad mini over a wifi model.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

For me, portability versus the tradeoff of the downgraded screen quality. The screen crispness is really bad compared to my iPad 3, but I'm going to decide this week which to keep and sell the other one.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I am still making my mind but I will choose an iOS device because of the operating system and I would choose the iPad Mini because of its compact size. There is more screen than the iphone but the dimensions are not as large as the iPad - I think it is a good combination.

RaiderWill

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

I own a Galaxy Note ( Beautiful Deep Blacks & Saturated Colors ) I bought a Nexus-10 (Gray-Blacks Shallow Colors + Light-Bleed around the edges ) gave it 10 days ( while looking at comparison test: iPad Mini vs Nexus 7 ) on YouTube & the Net and I knew this was the Tablet for me.. Took the N10 back to Wal-Mart, purchased the Mini and have never looked back.. Perfect Size, Perfect Weight and Perfect Color... Now I have the best of both Worlds.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I had an iPad 3 but it was just too big for me to carry everywhere and though I prefer iOS I was using my original Samsung Galaxy Tab because I liked the small size. When the mini was announced I must say I was disappointed, I was honestly expecting a retina display and a starting price of $299 so I really had no plans on purchasing until the next gen was released the only thing that was a positive was that now the iPad had Sprint as a choice of cellular service. Well I got an email from Sprint offering $100 off the price of their iPads so I decided to give it a try and if I didn't like it I would just send it back but I am happy to say I am extremely pleased. This goes with me everywhere and I haven't put it down since it was delivered on Tuesday. I still think it should have came with a retina display but I guess they need something for the next generation lol.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I still think it should have came with a retina display but I guess they need something for the next generation lol.

The iPad Mini doesn't need retina like the first iPhone didn't need 3G ;)
Typing this on my iPad 2 so the screen is fine to me. Maybe if I already had retina it would matter...

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
The iPad Mini doesn't need retina like the first iPhone didn't need 3G ;)
Typing this on my iPad 2 so the screen is fine to me. Maybe if I already had retina it would matter...

The first iPhone didn't need 3G because I don't even think there was 3G and it was the only thing on the market like it. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be, it looks that same to me as my galaxy tab did thought I don't have it anymore so I can do a side by side. I still think since almost everything else Apple is making especially portable products are retina that this should have been too but it's just my opinion.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
My nexus 7 was freezing and lagging, so I sold it and got a mini. I enjoy android but will wait and see how the version 2 of their nexus tab is. Loving the mini so far

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711