Mini in Italy

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My father in law travels to Italy for months at a time.

He is completely computer illiterate. He wants to be able to check stocks and maybe even check email.

I figured a mini would be the best option for him.

Does anyone know which would work better in Italy ? I figured AT&T but have read that verizon might be better.

How would he purchase data ? Over there I assume.

I didn't even know where to start so I figured here.

Thanks.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I would say AT&T is the best way to go because it's GSM. He can get an international data plan from AT&T, a bit pricey tho. His best bet would be wifi

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Karen

He could just have a family member over there set that up

I assume if he had a AT&T iPad he would go to a AT&T store in Italy ? Do they have AT&T stores over there. Or would be a local carrier ?

Trying to make it simple for him.

Thanks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Karen

He could just have a family member over there set that up

I assume if he had a AT&T iPad he would go to a AT&T store in Italy ? Do they have AT&T stores over there. Or would be a local carrier ?

Trying to make it simple for him.

Thanks

Whatever iPad he can go to a local carrier and get a SIM card with a data plan and put it in his iPad
Like stated if he wants LTE Verizon model would pick up LTE over there if he got a carrier that offers it
If they don't offer LTE then he would get 3G or 4g speeds
Att model won't pick up LTE speed even if they ordered it because att LTE model picks up on different LTE bands that are only used in US and Canada
But att will get 3G or 4g possibly
Using service from the US and roaming would cost lots ..

I would say get a Verizon model and find a local carrier in Italy that offers LTE speeds for data plans

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77