iPad Mini or iPad 4???

iCollin

Banned
Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Debating whether to get the iPad Mini or iPad 4. Can someone hit me up with some pros and cons, I'd appreciate it.

zoeybob

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
iPad mini:

Advantages: easy to carry. Lack: the capacity is too small.

iPad 4

Disadvantages: The heat is not good, the price is high.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
iPad mini

- Pros
1. Lighter/smaller (if that's your preferance)
2. Costs less, $329 compared to $499

-Cons
1. Slower processor
2. Not retina display
3. iPad 4 has a better camera

And here's the iPad 4 pros & cons (basically the opposite of what was written above)

iPad 4

- Pros
1. Bigger screen (Retina Display)
2. Faster processor
3. Better camera

-Cons
1. Bigger/heavier then iPad mini
2. More expensive $499 vs. $329

jfhelms2000

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Just my opinion, but i have the 64gig mini and a 16 gig 4th generation, and when i had them side by side the performance ( not screen resolution) isnt drastically different, granted if a second is that important to you in load time then get the 4, me personally i am happy with the mini and will be returning the 4, i am ok with the screen on the mini, pictures look clear and sharp to me !! Retina is amazing but not to the point i cant live with out it !!! and when or if they bring out a mini with retina, bet you ass this guy will be first in line ! :)

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I had the three and don't miss the screen resolution at all. Will you notice it while reading text - sure - but a lot depends on how closely you hold the device.
One of people I work with wants to upgrade from her original iPad and while she loved my Mini, her primary use of the iPad was watching videos. I told her that she should then stay with a full-sized iPad.
As far as processor speed - I have about 2 dozen various games and have not had any issue with them at all. Do some of the more graphic intensive ones take a bit longer to load, sure, but again not a significant amount of time.

pommie82

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Depending what you are going to use iPad or a mini for to be honest and truthfully.If you just going to read books,emails,surf the web play games then i would just say the mini is perfect for that sort of thing.But if you watch a lot of movies and Tv Series then i would suggest a regular iPad me personally i think the mini isn't really that good for watching movies really but anything else is spot on. I have both iPad mini & regular iPad i think that 9'7 is perfect for watching media on.i have only had my iPad mini a few days and i use the iPad mini more then i use my 9'7 inch iPad the only time i really use the 9'7iPad now is to watch Movies on or TV Series i use the mini for everything else i think the mini a lot more enjoyable experience.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't decide in the Apple store this past Saturday, so I purchased both with the intent on sending one back. Problem is my husband who has never used a smartphone or a tablet before tried the iPad 4 last night and really liked it. He and my son both want me to keep the iPad 4 and not the Mini. However, after 3 days with my Mini I'm leaning toward keeping both of them. I use the Mini at work a lot now and because it is so small and light it is very easy to slip into my scrub pockets.

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a good decision - keep both. I have both. I use my mini all the time but my little boy likes the larger Ipad. Suits me! Of course, paying for both means sacrifices have to be made elsewhere, but it's worth it!

Allesandro

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Debating whether to get the iPad Mini or iPad 4. Can someone hit me up with some pros and cons, I'd appreciate it.

I just faced the same choice and went with the iPad mini. After handling the iPad Mini, I found the iPad 4 too heavy and not as portable for that reason. The mini was just about perfect in size and so light. The fact that it will be a Christmas gift also helped!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I went with the 4 and glad I did I also bout a mini for my wife so I have used both
Mini is light and really cool and portable but I personally like the bigger screen and love the retina
I play a couple games like modern combat 3 or asphalt 7 and wow it's amazing
Basically the most noticeable diff between the 2

Mini has size and is more portable
The 4 has the screen size and clarity ( not saying the mini screen is bad by any means ) and maybe a tad faster in speed but not a big noticeable thing

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I ended up taking the iPad 4 back and plan on keeping my AT&T White 64 GB iPad Mini. I kept the iPad 4 for half a week and it hardly got used at al during that time. Even my husband who used it a lot on the first day continued using the computer more than the iPad 4, so I decided it wasn't worth keeping. Although the Mini doesn't have a retina display, the one that it does have works fine for my needs and I even downloaded my first book and enjoy reading on it before bed. There wasn't one thing wrong with the iPad 4, I simply prefer the size and weight of the Mini more. It was nice having both of them for a few days in order to do a fair comparison between the two.

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
After playing with the iPad Mini and iPad 4 consecutively, I would pick MINI. Reasons being that matter most to me are...

1.Form factor
2.Price
3.Supply & demand/re-sell value
4.Availability

I've heard complaints that the iPad Mini screen is too small, it isn't a retina display, blah blah blah. At the end of the day, it's pretty much an iPad 3 with different display. Works for everything I need it to and more.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It's really depends on what your preference is. I have an iPad mini and an iPad3 (not much different than the 4) and I like them both. Truth be told since I got the mini I haven't used the 3 at all. I'm not sure if that's because it's new or because I truly like it better but here are things I like about both :

Mini :
- I can thumb-type really quickly on it so writing is way easier
- it's small and light, better portability
- performance is solid, haven't noticed any lag in most apps

IPad + retina display :
- the display is gorgeous
- gaming can be better on the larger screen
- easier to read some webpages that get cramped on the mini

Some other comments :
- the non-retina display on the mini is noticeable BUT it's nowhere near as poor as the iPad2. I don't mind the screen on the mini at all. The higher DPI makes a difference.
- surprisingly the performance of both devices is similar. I don't notice lag or sluggishness on the mini at all like i thought I would.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Had the same thoughts and we went with the iPad 4. Son hasn't put it down since we gave it to him 2 days ago for his bday

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I like both I got wife a mini and myself a iPad 4 .. I came from a 2 and she never had her own iPad

I've used both I like weight and size of mini very portable and good for holding while reading laying down

But I like my 4 more
Screen is amazing games like modern combat 3 is awesome

I can see the mini for a person on the go and using them out and about vs a iPad being used more in a sit down place where the portability is not a issue

Just depends on how you will use it and what matters for you

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm using a Mini for a day now. Right now I'm still having issues with the screen. But I'm thinking I'll trade this in for a retina ipad basically because I'm not sold on the form factor.

The kid will be using this a lot. The Mini begs to be held. Which also means she's more likely to drop it. They way she uses a tablet is it's in her lap. Even the extra weight works better in this regard because it stays put. Plus she can see it better (from her lap or on a stand) if it's bigger.

I'll probably get an ipad 3 refurb. Same price basically as the Mini but I don't think the 4 merits spending the difference.

anon(767240)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I wish returning an item works here in the philippines. Ha ha. Once we pay for, stores will never accept it back.

Sent from my LTE iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711