Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default I hate ups!!!!

Mini was supposed to be delivered Friday like all the other early pre-orders. And even though Sandy hit NYC the shipment arrived in Queens (I live on Staten Island) without incident Thursday for a Friday end of day delivery.
    But when I saw no change in status (like that it was actually brought to Staten Island) by Friday AM, I called customer service. They checked and said that the package was in fact on SI. I asked if it could be held and was told that they would put in the request and I would hear from SI UPS within an hour. After not hearing I called again to the 800 number and after getting an apology was told someone would get back to me soon. (YEAH RIGHT!!!) Anyway, eventually I got through to the SI location and was told that (1) the package was still in Queens and (2) it would not even be brought to SI till the weekend for a MONDAY delivery. I asked if it could be held for pickup on Monday and was told anytime after 11:30 AM.
    So (after going to the SI Apple store and purchasing one from them) I went back to UPS today to get my delayed original order that would be returned to Apple. I purposely went a bit later (1PM) and of course was told by the ***** behind the counter that it still had not arrived!!!!! His answer was "I don't know where it is, when it will be brought to SI and I can't help you because you did not talk to me on Friday". When I asked how I was to know when it actually arrived for pickup, he said to call the 800 number (like they knew where it was - they thought Long Island City was actually Staten Island).
    I called back to the 800 number and after many apologies was told that they would have a manager from the SI location check into its whereabouts and call me back. Believe it or not, he did call and said "YOUR PACKAGE IS HERE!" When I asked if it was there when I was there earlier, he said Yes. When I asked why the ***** at the front desk said it was not there, I was told it was "in the valuable items cage". I guess my ***** was too lazy/stupid to actually go check. Went back to pick it up. I really hate UPS at times.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Default Re: I hate ups!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swandy View Post
    Mini was supposed to be delivered Friday like all the other early pre-orders. And even though Sandy hit NYC the shipment arrived in Queens (I live on Staten Island) without incident Thursday for a Friday end of day delivery.
    But when I saw no change in status (like that it was actually brought to Staten Island) by Friday AM, I called customer service. They checked and said that the package was in fact on SI. I asked if it could be held and was told that they would put in the request and I would hear from SI UPS within an hour. After not hearing I called again to the 800 number and after getting an apology was told someone would get back to me soon. (YEAH RIGHT!!!) Anyway, eventually I got through to the SI location and was told that (1) the package was still in Queens and (2) it would not even be brought to SI till the weekend for a MONDAY delivery. I asked if it could be held for pickup on Monday and was told anytime after 11:30 AM.
    So (after going to the SI Apple store and purchasing one from them) I went back to UPS today to get my delayed original order that would be returned to Apple. I purposely went a bit later (1PM) and of course was told by the ***** behind the counter that it still had not arrived!!!!! His answer was "I don't know where it is, when it will be brought to SI and I can't help you because you did not talk to me on Friday". When I asked how I was to know when it actually arrived for pickup, he said to call the 800 number (like they knew where it was - they thought Long Island City was actually Staten Island).
    I called back to the 800 number and after many apologies was told that they would have a manager from the SI location check into its whereabouts and call me back. Believe it or not, he did call and said "YOUR PACKAGE IS HERE!" When I asked if it was there when I was there earlier, he said Yes. When I asked why the ***** at the front desk said it was not there, I was told it was "in the valuable items cage". I guess my ***** was too lazy/stupid to actually go check. Went back to pick it up. I really hate UPS at times.
    Ok, so you’re disappointed... I get that. But dealing with deliveries in that region after the devastation has to be difficult... and calling people "idiots" because you didn’t get your package on time seems somehow misguided and immature. Hope it shows up soon, but in a month or 6 weeks, will it even matter that it was late? Especially given the status of many in your area who lost every thing and are now living in shelters...
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    GingerSnapsBack and LewLew23 like this.

Global Posts
    11,764 Global Posts
    iOS Version

First world problems... smh. At least you got one... and a home to take it to, and power to charge it up I hope... others don't... consider yourself blessed for what you have...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts

Default I hate ups!!!!

So you did a great job of establishing yourself as a stuck up, arrogant, *****. Well done. I'm glad you got your precious iPad. I'll make sure to let my displaced family members know that you were so inconvenienced by UPS that it took a little work on your end and some work on theirs to make sure your iPad was only three days late. I bet they'll sleep better at night now. How dare the people of UPS and the greater northeast part of the US not do everything they can to make sure you get what is essentially an expensive toy right on time after a natural disaster of epic proportions.

I have no clue who you are, and I'm sorry if this came off as harsh, but you gotta get your priorities in line.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,883 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default I hate ups!!!!

I would be upset too if it was for no good reason and not on the east coast but given the situation I would understand .
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    So you did a great job of establishing yourself as a stuck up, arrogant, *****. Well done. I'm glad you got your precious iPad. I'll make sure to let my displaced family members know that you were so inconvenienced by UPS that it took a little work on your end and some work on theirs to make sure your iPad was only three days late. I bet they'll sleep better at night now. How dare the people of UPS and the greater northeast part of the US not do everything they can to make sure you get what is essentially an expensive toy right on time after a natural disaster of epic proportions.

I have no clue who you are, and I'm sorry if this came off as harsh, but you gotta get your priorities in line.
    What the hell does my my issues with UPS have to do with what is going on on the East Coast and the fact that I have a home to go to????? Why does expecting a bit of "customer service" make me out to be a "stuck up, arrogant *****? These people are paid to do a job. I had no issues with the delayed delivery because of the storm - completely understandable under the circumstances. My issue was with the ***** (I still stand by that) that could not take the time to check if the delivery was in the back, forcing me to come back again after his manager did the job properly.
    The fact that our home's only issue was loss of power (and whatever food was in the two refrigerators) is obviously very minor compared to what some of our fellow Staten Island residents when through, but again - what does that have to do with the ***** at UPS doing the job he is being paid for??? I feel absolutely heartbroken for those who lost their homes (of which I know several) and those who had family members killed but again - what does this have to do with my basic complaint? Because the entire NY Metro area is going through a terrible time means that paid employees can just shrug off their job responsibilities? Talk about me getting my priorities right.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts

Default I hate ups!!!!

What the hell does my my issues with UPS have to do with what is going on on the East Coast and the fact that I have a home to go to????? Why does expecting a bit of "customer service" make me out to be a "stuck up, arrogant *****? These people are paid to do a job. I had no issues with the delayed delivery because of the storm - completely understandable under the circumstances. My issue was with the ***** (I still stand by that) that could not take the time to check if the delivery was in the back, forcing me to come back again after his manager did the job properly.
    The fact that our home's only issue was loss of power (and whatever food was in the two refrigerators) is obviously very minor compared to what some of our fellow Staten Island residents when through, but again - what does that have to do with the ***** at UPS doing the job he is being paid for??? I feel absolutely heartbroken for those who lost their homes (of which I know several) and those who had family members killed but again - what does this have to do with my basic complaint? Because the entire NY Metro area is going through a terrible time means that paid employees can just shrug off their job responsibilities? Talk about me getting my priorities right.
    Did you ever stop to think that maybe that "*****" is having issues at home due to the storm, be it with his family or his home, but still went to work because he needs the money? Did you ever stop to think that maybe a lot of people there are thinking of things other than your iPad?

I stand by my comment. You need to get your priorities in line. It's an iPad. And you got it. There are a lot greater things to worry about than you being hassled a little bit.

Your post entirely made you out to be an arrogant, stuck up, *****. You had to work to find your iPad. Other people lost everything, including their lives.

You may not be what I say. And I apologize if you are the most wonderful person in the world. But, by reading your ranting on a website, I find that very hard to believe.
    Fausty82 and GingerSnapsBack like this.

Global Posts
    11,764 Global Posts
    iOS Version

swandy, You've got issues way beyond anything with UPS...
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    Did you ever stop to think that maybe that "*****" is having issues at home due to the storm, be it with his family or his home, but still went to work because he needs the money? Did you ever stop to think that maybe a lot of people there are thinking of things other than your iPad?
    What does this have to do with doing one's job properly? I work with two ladies who while they did not lose their homes, they sustained major damage to their homes and their cars. I don't see either of them doing their jobs to a lower level of professionalism because of it. So why would this be an excuse for the guy at the UPS counter? His response to me was basically you did not deal with me on the telephone so I don't care to find out where your package is.

Global Posts
    6,641 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Default I hate ups!!!!

UPS has every excuse for not getting packages delivered, but I agree that there is no excuse for the unprofessional demeanor that worker showed.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Why because as a former manager and business owner I expect people to actually do their jobs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    UPS has every excuse for not getting packages delivered, but I agree that there is no excuse for the unprofessional demeanor that worker showed.
    Thanks - finally someone who sees my point. I will give UPS and FEDEX all the compliments for what they went through in my area. But that is no excuse for not doing your job properly.
    iPhone Beginner

Default I hate ups!!!!

Wow! Is all I can say. There are so many bigger problems in the world thank shipping issues.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I feel your pain. I am still waiting for my Mac Mini to arrive from the East coast.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

I’d call it "shallow"... and now I’m moving on...
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina

Global Posts
    11,764 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Why because as a former manager and business owner I expect people to actually do their jobs?
    Such unbridled arrogance...
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    iPhone Newbie

Such unbridled arrogance...
    Keith, please explain why expecting people to do their jobs is "unbridled arrogance" in your mind? I assume that you are fortunate enough to have a job work - your boss does not expect you do to your job?

Global Posts
    11,764 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You've more than made your unbridled arrogance more than apparent in your original post... you want everything, your way, on your terms or it's someone failing to do their job. There is no arguing with the likes of you... I refuse to let you drag me down to your level where you can beat me up with your vast experience. Forum ignore list +1.
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  
    iPhone Newbie

You've more than made your unbridled arrogance more than apparent in your original post... you want everything, your way, on your terms or it's someone failing to do their job. There is no arguing with the likes of you... I refuse to let you drag me down to your level where you can beat me up with your vast experience. Forum ignore list +1.
    Still waiting for an explanation why expecting some to do their job properly wrong? I am not "expecting everything my way or on my terms" all I expect is for people to do the job they are paid for. I don't think that is asking for much.
    And for someone who refuses to "argue with the likes of me", you have not come up with any "argument" why expectation of reasonable customer service is so unreasonable.

Global Posts
    6,641 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Default I hate ups!!!!

I think a reasonable answer from that CSR would have been "I'm sorry we're really swamped right now and I don't have time to go look". Instead he apparently said the package wasn't there without bothering to look. That's poor customer service and doesn't reflect well on UPS.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    I think a reasonable answer from that CSR would have been "I'm sorry we're really swamped right now and I don't have time to go look". Instead he apparently said the package wasn't there without bothering to look. That's poor customer service and doesn't reflect well on UPS.
    I agree Karen. Though I was the only customer there at the time. His manager was very polite and apologetic when he called me that the package was indeed there though.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts

Default I hate ups!!!!

Swanky, you brought the attacks on yourself with the tone of your first post. Show some sympathy, if that worker was remotely affected by the storm that is more than enough reason for them to not be performing at 100%. Sorry you were inconvenienced, but coming onto an Apple forum to complain about UPS is not going to get you any sympathy. Especially from someone like me who was personally affected by the storm.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Default I hate ups!!!!

Wasn't that post supposed to be on the iPad Mini !?
    iPhone 5 16 Gb Black
    iPad 3 16 Gb Black
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,705 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Thanks - finally someone who sees my point. I will give UPS and FEDEX all the compliments for what they went through in my area. But that is no excuse for not doing your job properly.
    In case you are unaware of what happens during a flood, I'll clue you in. A ****ton of water ruins everything. Trucks have to be rerouted. Doubled up. Made to work twice as long to cover up for it. Drivers from other routes are called in to handle the backlog. It takes longer than normal because the new guys don't know where they are going or they have twice as many deliveries all over town.

So yeah. Your iPad should have been there on time. Darn this hurricane! It totally gives you the right to be a t*** waffle to some UPS employee. They should have known this was coming and equipped all UPS trucks with floatation devices and given the drivers paddles so they could paddle their UPS boat to your house to drop off your iPad.

Seriously, chill. Be glad your home didn't burn to the ground, flood or get looted. Be glad you're not **** deep to a giraffe in snow and still don't have power.

- - - Updated - - -

Still waiting for an explanation why expecting some to do their job properly wrong? I am not "expecting everything my way or on my terms" all I expect is for people to do the job they are paid for. I don't think that is asking for much.
    And for someone who refuses to "argue with the likes of me", you have not come up with any "argument" why expectation of reasonable customer service is so unreasonable.
    So you expect someone to do their job even during a hurricane when countless trucks and cargo planes were rerouted to parts unknown so your iPad didn't get damanged in the floods?

You expect someone to do their job when you're screaming at them because your iPad isn't where you want it? I'd tell you to get bent.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
    Thanked by:
    iphonefizzle (11-07-2012)
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default I hate ups!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NobodyListensToLaura View Post
    In case you are unaware of what happens during a flood, I'll clue you in. A ****ton of water ruins everything. Trucks have to be rerouted. Doubled up. Made to work twice as long to cover up for it. Drivers from other routes are called in to handle the backlog. It takes longer than normal because the new guys don't know where they are going or they have twice as many deliveries all over town.

So yeah. Your iPad should have been there on time. Darn this hurricane! It totally gives you the right to be a t*** waffle to some UPS employee. They should have known this was coming and equipped all UPS trucks with floatation devices and given the drivers paddles so they could paddle their UPS boat to your house to drop off your iPad.

Seriously, chill. Be glad your home didn't burn to the ground, flood or get looted. Be glad you're not **** deep to a giraffe in snow and still don't have power.

- - - Updated - - -

So you expect someone to do their job even during a hurricane when countless trucks and cargo planes were rerouted to parts unknown so your iPad didn't get damanged in the floods?

You expect someone to do their job when you're screaming at them because your iPad isn't where you want it? I'd tell you to get bent.
    Hellllllllz yeah what the other person above said son!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NobodyListensToLaura View Post
    If you read my entire post (and the follow up answers) I completely understand the delays as a result of the hurricane and the resulting "ton of water" (which BTW there was none near the UPS depot).
    My complaint was that the delivery was there the first time I went to UPS (as I was told it would be) and the guy behind the counter was too lazy to check in the back. Even his manager, when he called me to say that the package was in fact there the first time I went there, apologized for the lazy attitude of his employee who should have checked further.
    (Why am I bothering to reply as it is obvious that many people seem to feel it is OK to not do one's job properly.)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast