I hate ups!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Mini was supposed to be delivered Friday like all the other early pre-orders. And even though Sandy hit NYC the shipment arrived in Queens (I live on Staten Island) without incident Thursday for a Friday end of day delivery.
But when I saw no change in status (like that it was actually brought to Staten Island) by Friday AM, I called customer service. They checked and said that the package was in fact on SI. I asked if it could be held and was told that they would put in the request and I would hear from SI UPS within an hour. After not hearing I called again to the 800 number and after getting an apology was told someone would get back to me soon. (YEAH RIGHT!!!) Anyway, eventually I got through to the SI location and was told that (1) the package was still in Queens and (2) it would not even be brought to SI till the weekend for a MONDAY delivery. I asked if it could be held for pickup on Monday and was told anytime after 11:30 AM.
So (after going to the SI Apple store and purchasing one from them) I went back to UPS today to get my delayed original order that would be returned to Apple. I purposely went a bit later (1PM) and of course was told by the idiot behind the counter that it still had not arrived!!!!! His answer was "I don't know where it is, when it will be brought to SI and I can't help you because you did not talk to me on Friday". When I asked how I was to know when it actually arrived for pickup, he said to call the 800 number (like they knew where it was - they thought Long Island City was actually Staten Island).
I called back to the 800 number and after many apologies was told that they would have a manager from the SI location check into its whereabouts and call me back. Believe it or not, he did call and said "YOUR PACKAGE IS HERE!" When I asked if it was there when I was there earlier, he said Yes. When I asked why the idiot at the front desk said it was not there, I was told it was "in the valuable items cage". I guess my idiot was too lazy/stupid to actually go check. Went back to pick it up. I really hate UPS at times.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mini was supposed to be delivered Friday like all the other early pre-orders. And even though Sandy hit NYC the shipment arrived in Queens (I live on Staten Island) without incident Thursday for a Friday end of day delivery.
But when I saw no change in status (like that it was actually brought to Staten Island) by Friday AM, I called customer service. They checked and said that the package was in fact on SI. I asked if it could be held and was told that they would put in the request and I would hear from SI UPS within an hour. After not hearing I called again to the 800 number and after getting an apology was told someone would get back to me soon. (YEAH RIGHT!!!) Anyway, eventually I got through to the SI location and was told that (1) the package was still in Queens and (2) it would not even be brought to SI till the weekend for a MONDAY delivery. I asked if it could be held for pickup on Monday and was told anytime after 11:30 AM.
So (after going to the SI Apple store and purchasing one from them) I went back to UPS today to get my delayed original order that would be returned to Apple. I purposely went a bit later (1PM) and of course was told by the idiot behind the counter that it still had not arrived!!!!! His answer was "I don't know where it is, when it will be brought to SI and I can't help you because you did not talk to me on Friday". When I asked how I was to know when it actually arrived for pickup, he said to call the 800 number (like they knew where it was - they thought Long Island City was actually Staten Island).
I called back to the 800 number and after many apologies was told that they would have a manager from the SI location check into its whereabouts and call me back. Believe it or not, he did call and said "YOUR PACKAGE IS HERE!" When I asked if it was there when I was there earlier, he said Yes. When I asked why the idiot at the front desk said it was not there, I was told it was "in the valuable items cage". I guess my idiot was too lazy/stupid to actually go check. Went back to pick it up. I really hate UPS at times.

Ok, so you’re disappointed... I get that. But dealing with deliveries in that region after the devastation has to be difficult... and calling people "idiots" because you didn’t get your package on time seems somehow misguided and immature. Hope it shows up soon, but in a month or 6 weeks, will it even matter that it was late? Especially given the status of many in your area who lost every thing and are now living in shelters...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

First world problems... smh. At least you got one... and a home to take it to, and power to charge it up I hope... others don't... consider yourself blessed for what you have...

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So you did a great job of establishing yourself as a stuck up, arrogant, prick. Well done. I'm glad you got your precious iPad. I'll make sure to let my displaced family members know that you were so inconvenienced by UPS that it took a little work on your end and some work on theirs to make sure your iPad was only three days late. I bet they'll sleep better at night now. How dare the people of UPS and the greater northeast part of the US not do everything they can to make sure you get what is essentially an expensive toy right on time after a natural disaster of epic proportions.

I have no clue who you are, and I'm sorry if this came off as harsh, but you gotta get your priorities in line.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

I would be upset too if it was for no good reason and not on the east coast but given the situation I would understand .

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
So you did a great job of establishing yourself as a stuck up, arrogant, prick. Well done. I'm glad you got your precious iPad. I'll make sure to let my displaced family members know that you were so inconvenienced by UPS that it took a little work on your end and some work on theirs to make sure your iPad was only three days late. I bet they'll sleep better at night now. How dare the people of UPS and the greater northeast part of the US not do everything they can to make sure you get what is essentially an expensive toy right on time after a natural disaster of epic proportions.

I have no clue who you are, and I'm sorry if this came off as harsh, but you gotta get your priorities in line.

What the hell does my my issues with UPS have to do with what is going on on the East Coast and the fact that I have a home to go to????? Why does expecting a bit of "customer service" make me out to be a "stuck up, arrogant prick? These people are paid to do a job. I had no issues with the delayed delivery because of the storm - completely understandable under the circumstances. My issue was with the idiot (I still stand by that) that could not take the time to check if the delivery was in the back, forcing me to come back again after his manager did the job properly.
The fact that our home's only issue was loss of power (and whatever food was in the two refrigerators) is obviously very minor compared to what some of our fellow Staten Island residents when through, but again - what does that have to do with the idiot at UPS doing the job he is being paid for??? I feel absolutely heartbroken for those who lost their homes (of which I know several) and those who had family members killed but again - what does this have to do with my basic complaint? Because the entire NY Metro area is going through a terrible time means that paid employees can just shrug off their job responsibilities? Talk about me getting my priorities right.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
What the hell does my my issues with UPS have to do with what is going on on the East Coast and the fact that I have a home to go to????? Why does expecting a bit of "customer service" make me out to be a "stuck up, arrogant prick? These people are paid to do a job. I had no issues with the delayed delivery because of the storm - completely understandable under the circumstances. My issue was with the idiot (I still stand by that) that could not take the time to check if the delivery was in the back, forcing me to come back again after his manager did the job properly.
The fact that our home's only issue was loss of power (and whatever food was in the two refrigerators) is obviously very minor compared to what some of our fellow Staten Island residents when through, but again - what does that have to do with the idiot at UPS doing the job he is being paid for??? I feel absolutely heartbroken for those who lost their homes (of which I know several) and those who had family members killed but again - what does this have to do with my basic complaint? Because the entire NY Metro area is going through a terrible time means that paid employees can just shrug off their job responsibilities? Talk about me getting my priorities right.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe that "idiot" is having issues at home due to the storm, be it with his family or his home, but still went to work because he needs the money? Did you ever stop to think that maybe a lot of people there are thinking of things other than your iPad?

I stand by my comment. You need to get your priorities in line. It's an iPad. And you got it. There are a lot greater things to worry about than you being hassled a little bit.

Your post entirely made you out to be an arrogant, stuck up, prick. You had to work to find your iPad. Other people lost everything, including their lives.

You may not be what I say. And I apologize if you are the most wonderful person in the world. But, by reading your ranting on a website, I find that very hard to believe.

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever stop to think that maybe that "idiot" is having issues at home due to the storm, be it with his family or his home, but still went to work because he needs the money? Did you ever stop to think that maybe a lot of people there are thinking of things other than your iPad?

What does this have to do with doing one's job properly? I work with two ladies who while they did not lose their homes, they sustained major damage to their homes and their cars. I don't see either of them doing their jobs to a lower level of professionalism because of it. So why would this be an excuse for the guy at the UPS counter? His response to me was basically you did not deal with me on the telephone so I don't care to find out where your package is.

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
swandy, You've got issues way beyond anything with UPS...

Why because as a former manager and business owner I expect people to actually do their jobs?

- - - Updated - - -

UPS has every excuse for not getting packages delivered, but I agree that there is no excuse for the unprofessional demeanor that worker showed.

Thanks - finally someone who sees my point. I will give UPS and FEDEX all the compliments for what they went through in my area. But that is no excuse for not doing your job properly.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You've more than made your unbridled arrogance more than apparent in your original post... you want everything, your way, on your terms or it's someone failing to do their job. There is no arguing with the likes of you... I refuse to let you drag me down to your level where you can beat me up with your vast experience. Forum ignore list +1.

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
You've more than made your unbridled arrogance more than apparent in your original post... you want everything, your way, on your terms or it's someone failing to do their job. There is no arguing with the likes of you... I refuse to let you drag me down to your level where you can beat me up with your vast experience. Forum ignore list +1.

Still waiting for an explanation why expecting some to do their job properly wrong? I am not "expecting everything my way or on my terms" all I expect is for people to do the job they are paid for. I don't think that is asking for much.
And for someone who refuses to "argue with the likes of me", you have not come up with any "argument" why expectation of reasonable customer service is so unreasonable.

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I think a reasonable answer from that CSR would have been "I'm sorry we're really swamped right now and I don't have time to go look". Instead he apparently said the package wasn't there without bothering to look. That's poor customer service and doesn't reflect well on UPS.

I agree Karen. Though I was the only customer there at the time. His manager was very polite and apologetic when he called me that the package was indeed there though.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Swanky, you brought the attacks on yourself with the tone of your first post. Show some sympathy, if that worker was remotely affected by the storm that is more than enough reason for them to not be performing at 100%. Sorry you were inconvenienced, but coming onto an Apple forum to complain about UPS is not going to get you any sympathy. Especially from someone like me who was personally affected by the storm.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711