I hate ups!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks - finally someone who sees my point. I will give UPS and FEDEX all the compliments for what they went through in my area. But that is no excuse for not doing your job properly.

In case you are unaware of what happens during a flood, I'll clue you in. A ****ton of water ruins everything. Trucks have to be rerouted. Doubled up. Made to work twice as long to cover up for it. Drivers from other routes are called in to handle the backlog. It takes longer than normal because the new guys don't know where they are going or they have twice as many deliveries all over town.

So yeah. Your iPad should have been there on time. Darn this hurricane! It totally gives you the right to be a t*** waffle to some UPS employee. They should have known this was coming and equipped all UPS trucks with floatation devices and given the drivers paddles so they could paddle their UPS boat to your house to drop off your iPad.

Seriously, chill. Be glad your home didn't burn to the ground, flood or get looted. Be glad you're not butt deep to a giraffe in snow and still don't have power.

- - - Updated - - -

Still waiting for an explanation why expecting some to do their job properly wrong? I am not "expecting everything my way or on my terms" all I expect is for people to do the job they are paid for. I don't think that is asking for much.
And for someone who refuses to "argue with the likes of me", you have not come up with any "argument" why expectation of reasonable customer service is so unreasonable.

So you expect someone to do their job even during a hurricane when countless trucks and cargo planes were rerouted to parts unknown so your iPad didn't get damanged in the floods?

You expect someone to do their job when you're screaming at them because your iPad isn't where you want it? I'd tell you to get bent.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
In case you are unaware of what happens during a flood, I'll clue you in. A ****ton of water ruins everything. Trucks have to be rerouted. Doubled up. Made to work twice as long to cover up for it. Drivers from other routes are called in to handle the backlog. It takes longer than normal because the new guys don't know where they are going or they have twice as many deliveries all over town.

So yeah. Your iPad should have been there on time. Darn this hurricane! It totally gives you the right to be a t*** waffle to some UPS employee. They should have known this was coming and equipped all UPS trucks with floatation devices and given the drivers paddles so they could paddle their UPS boat to your house to drop off your iPad.

Seriously, chill. Be glad your home didn't burn to the ground, flood or get looted. Be glad you're not butt deep to a giraffe in snow and still don't have power.

- - - Updated - - -

So you expect someone to do their job even during a hurricane when countless trucks and cargo planes were rerouted to parts unknown so your iPad didn't get damanged in the floods?

You expect someone to do their job when you're screaming at them because your iPad isn't where you want it? I'd tell you to get bent.

Hellllllllz yeah what the other person above said son!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
If you read my entire post (and the follow up answers) I completely understand the delays as a result of the hurricane and the resulting "ton of water" (which BTW there was none near the UPS depot).
My complaint was that the delivery was there the first time I went to UPS (as I was told it would be) and the guy behind the counter was too lazy to check in the back. Even his manager, when he called me to say that the package was in fact there the first time I went there, apologized for the lazy attitude of his employee who should have checked further.
(Why am I bothering to reply as it is obvious that many people seem to feel it is OK to not do one's job properly.)

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I understand swandy. I can also kinda understand where others are coming from saying your taking it too far, but I know how it feels to pay for something and being told it will be there and then it's not ...then on top of that u get s***** cust service. That sucks. And I DON'T think u made a big of a deal out of this as these others think you do. This is a forum. U were pissed and u came here and vented, most likely so that u wouldn't do it in the real world because your probably a good person and come to the Internet to trash talk like the rest of us ;)

No problem with you at all, your upset that's all. And for others to have the audacity to call u out on how bad things are up there when YOUR the one who lives there lol!! And KCH , don't mind him , literally every post of his I see is stuck up and snooty like he thinks he's the s*** and knows better than everyone. Keith or whatever your name is- lighten the hell up your always feeding the trolls and acting like the imore police...c'mon now let's all have some fun here

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
And he glad his house didn't burn down? It didn't thank god!!! So this is his only actual issue and ALL THE UPS GUY HAD TO DO WAS GO IN THE BACK ROOM what does he have f****** PTSD from the hurricane? I Live in SOUTH FLA ,, I've been through all them from Andrew in '91 to present ... Wilma and jean were horrible. Power out for months and a hole in my roof. Cat 5 storm. Horrible. So I know how it is, but round here once the storm is over - ITS BUSINESS AS USUAL... Sry but it's true if that UPS employee was so damn traumatized and stressed out from the storm he shouldn't of been at work

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If you read my entire post (and the follow up answers) I completely understand the delays as a result of the hurricane and the resulting "ton of water" (which BTW there was none near the UPS depot).
My complaint was that the delivery was there the first time I went to UPS (as I was told it would be) and the guy behind the counter was too lazy to check in the back. Even his manager, when he called me to say that the package was in fact there the first time I went there, apologized for the lazy attitude of his employee who should have checked further.
(Why am I bothering to reply as it is obvious that many people seem to feel it is OK to not do one's job properly.)
I agree if you remove the geographic from this it is still a mistake from the emp that said the package was not there.

Maybe he was effected maybe not .. But that is the managers decision to determine so that store can provide the best CS ...
Sending him home is a option but then maybe they can't afford to lose pay .. Maybe they should have put him in a non direct position ..
A lot of factors determine why this happened
A lot of people took the approach because of Sandy

Maybe he wasn't trained properly ?maybe he broke up with his gf that morning ?

No one really knows except him and the manager possibly
And that is the managers job to figure out

Regardless that emp could have made more of a effort to find your package that's why the manager apologized
If a natural disaster caused a issue or a truck broke down .. Or whatever the reason he could have told you most people would be understanding and life goes on
Overall that emp could have made more effort and it could have been handled better

Glad it worked out

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I agree if you remove the geographic from this it is still a mistake from the emp that said the package was not there.

Maybe he was effected maybe not .. But that is the managers decision to determine so that store can provide the best CS ...
Sending him home is a option but then maybe they can't afford to lose pay .. Maybe they should have put him in a non direct position ..
A lot of factors determine why this happened
A lot of people took the approach because of Sandy

Maybe he wasn't trained properly ?maybe he broke up with his gf that morning ?

No one really knows except him and the manager possibly
And that is the managers job to figure out

Regardless that emp could have made more of a effort to find your package that's why the manager apologized
If a natural disaster caused a issue or a truck broke down .. Or whatever the reason he could have told you most people would be understanding and life goes on
Overall that emp could have made more effort and it could have been handled better

Glad it worked out

I can totally agree with all of this as well

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Just because there was none at the depot doesn't mean there wasn't flood waters everywhere else in between.

Stop and think about why that guy wasn't exactly overjoyed to have yet another customer b*tching about a lost package. I used to dispatch for the PD in town and JFC I hated going in when it snowed or was icy. Our calls tripled if not quadrupled because Person 1 was bumped by Person 2 and needed the fire department, cops, national guard and the surgeon general out for a scraped rear fender.

I'm sure you weren't the only one who was complaining about a lost package or was given false information. By the time my 12 hour shift was over and done with on a snow day, I was about half ready to tell my supervisor to shove my radio headset up his well, you know where. I'm sure the UPS guy knows how I feel. Most people in customer service can relate.

txladi29

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
I have to agree with Swandy. She was given misinformation more than once, and it sounds as if the store employee didn't even make an effort to check the back (for good customer service.) UPS failed her more than once.the manager was honest., and he gets kudos for that.
In MY experience of working in purchasing for 15+ years, FedEx ALWAYS wins on cust service, delivery speed, accuracy and communication to the customer.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, let's move on please, this has nothing to do with iPads or iPhones or anything Apple.

Let this thread fall to he bottom please.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.