Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Multiple

Default Re: How many people are PISSED about the charger included with the Mini???

I was expecting the faster charger and quite honestly was a little miffed when it wasn't included. But I got over it. I'm trying to do better at not sweating the small stuff.
    I usually charge over night, unless I don't plug the cable in all the way, like last night. Oops.
    iMore Newbie

Default How many people are PISSED about the charger included with the Mini???

i have one of the 10w ones from a travel kit, but its not been used yet, the one that comes with the mini is fine for me for now
    please check out my blog, I have a huge apple mac tips section that gets updated constantly
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I thought the lithium battery changes faster at higher temperature? Or was that a different battery technology?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

Default Re: How many people are PISSED about the charger included with the Mini???

Although it may charge slower, I don't really see a huge downside. I too also charge my electronics at night while I sleep.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,608 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    The touch has never come with a charger.
    Oh I know, I've had the original, 4th gen and now a 5th gen. For an iOS device and for the money you pay, it really should come with the small 5w cube that's packed in with the iPhones and now iPad minis.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,455 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry Guy View Post
    Oh I know, I've had the original, 4th gen and now a 5th gen. For an iOS device and for the money you pay, it really should come with the small 5w cube that's packed in with the iPhones and now iPad minis.
    Why? There's not really a point to it for the touch.
    LCW
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by IAmAuthority View Post
    Although it may charge slower, I don't really see a huge downside. I too also charge my electronics at night while I sleep.
    The mini with the little charger still charges faster than an iPad 3 with the big charger
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,608 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Why? There's not really a point to it for the touch.
    Well if Apple is positioning the touch as a gaming device and camera alternative (basically a jack of all trades that will see regular use), then it should have a charger for the sake of quick and easy recharging (as in you don't have to hook it up to a USB port or dock).

Why would you be of the opinion that there's no point for the touch?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    iMore Newbie

i used to have a touch when i didnt have an iphone.
    when i got my iphone i never picked up the touch because everything that the touch can do theiphone can do aswell
    please check out my blog, I have a huge apple mac tips section that gets updated constantly
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,455 Global Posts

Well if Apple is positioning the touch as a gaming device and camera alternative (basically a jack of all trades that will see regular use), then it should have a charger for the sake of quick and easy recharging (as in you don't have to hook it up to a USB port or dock).

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Because it has a completely different use-case than the iPhone, and one where the inclusion of a charger isn't a big deal. People do not recharge their touches every day, and battery life on the touch is significantly longer than any other apple product besides the nano and shuffle. Further, although the touch includes wifi, it is still very much a tethered device. That is why apple doesn't include a charger, and why it's not a big deal that it doesn't have one.
    iPhone Nanite

Just bear with it, you can't do anything about it. If you are pissed, the best way to do is don't use it.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    1,986 Global Posts

Just to throw it out there, even when the mini says that it's "not charging" it normally is. Just at a slower rate. I was able to charge mine of a new netbook, other wall USB chargers, and also my PS3. So I'm not too concerned about it. Planing on getting the micro USB adapter so I can use my PlayBook charger for it. That should do the trick nicely.
    iPhone Nanite

The 10 hour battery charge is only when you are NOT connected to the Internet - it's about 6-7 hours with wifi or 3/4g enabled.
    iMore Expert

iOS Version

I use the 12W charger to charge ALL of my devices
    "If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried"... -- Terrence C.

iPhone 5 64GB, iPad 4 128GB + Cellular, iPad 2 64GB Wifi, Apple TV 2, MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011), iMac (2008 Intel), Powerbook G4, 2 Powerbook G3's, indigo iMac
    Fausty82 likes this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,398 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    latest

Not a a issue for me.... I just bought an extra 12W charger.
    Follow me: www.twitter.com/joshuasmiley

2011 MBA 13 i5 480GB SSD, VZW 64GB GOLD iP5S, iPad mini 32gb Black
    iMore Expert

iOS Version

And in a way I'm glad the mini supports the 5W charger because it makes it easier to support when charging it in the car, but since my car has a 12V plug in it I just use a 12W charger it charge that and free up the lighter for my radar detector lol.
    "If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried"... -- Terrence C.

iPhone 5 64GB, iPad 4 128GB + Cellular, iPad 2 64GB Wifi, Apple TV 2, MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011), iMac (2008 Intel), Powerbook G4, 2 Powerbook G3's, indigo iMac
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I actually prefer the smaller charger since it takes up less room (and weighs less) when traveling. I can't think of a single situation where I really needed the faster charging provided by the bigger charger.
    iMore Expert

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    I actually prefer the smaller charger since it takes up less room (and weighs less) when traveling. I can't think of a single situation where I really needed the faster charging provided by the bigger charger.
    As the AT&T preschool circle says, faster is always better.

Global Posts
    17,421 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    'Nuf said...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts

No I just bought the 12 W charger and now use the one that came with the ipad for my iPod touch which didn't come with a plug.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Would using a higher-output charger damage the battery, or am I thinking into this too much?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Not a a issue for me.... I just bought an extra 12W charger.
    Same here.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,970 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Dramatic much? lol...works just fine for me.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

I just charge mine using my black MacBook. Only seems to take a few hours.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    3,038 Global Posts

I am only on my second day with the mini and the charger that came with it only took an hour to charge mine from a totally dead battery to 100%. If this is going to be the norm I will be happy!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast