How will you be using your iPad mini for work/business?

tacsniper

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to justify in buying one. I feel like having a duplicate device when I already have an iPhone 5 in my pocket. How will you be using your iPad mini for work/business?

dmoney17

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Mainly using for when I'm at the house and that way I don't have to break out my Galaxy S3 for anything. Have work and personal email coming to the Mini. So far so good.

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Really interesting question this one. I am finding my bigger IPad far easier for email yet the mini is so much more portable for meetings. I think you look less like an idiot too with a smaller device. Will definitely use the mini for commuting and for reading, but am unconvinced about whether it is ergonomic enough for content creation. Will I write letters on it? Unlikly. I am wondering whether games will be more fun in the landscape mode. The jury is still put - it's lovely to look at though!

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to justify in buying one. I feel like having a duplicate device when I already have an iPhone 5 in my pocket. How will you be using your iPad mini for work/business?

Still exploring that- but I do know that mini will replace full-size iPad for me. Using BT keyboard I used w// iPad 3, will see how much creating I can do this way. Much of my work involves reading, so this is PERFECT. I went from LTE version to wi-if only- so far, BT tether via iPhone works perfectly when I don't have wi-fi connection for Mini (and when I am not also trying to use BT keyboard).

For me, the question of redundancy is with full-size iPad, rather than with iPhone. I am so far using Mini the way I used iPad 3- which complements rather than substitutes for anything I do in iPhone. I will keep only one iPad because two sizes would be redundant for me- and the one I keep will be Mini. The smaller form factor is perfect for me. Mini will go more places than the iPad 3 already did. I often carried iPad3 sans BT keyboard to cut weight. With Mini, I can easily carry both, so paradoxically, may use the Mini even MORE than full-size iPad.

Last edited:

teejaywhy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
My company bought me a 16gb New iPad. I have been using it for the last 7ish months for work, but also for personal email, video, media, etc. I picked up a 32gb Mini today and I'm planning to use it only for personal stuff. No company email, and I will be clearing all of my personal stuff off the New iPad. I think that the Mini will be awesome for personal use because of its size and weight. For me, it's not the best choice for business.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711