iPad Mini and Notability / Handwritten Notes apps

Kaishou

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I use the adonit jot pro. Pretty good stylus. I haven't had any problems with it but it gets a lot of bad reviews because it skips. Simple fix with just about any conductivity paste (I don't really know all of the technical names). I am also a college student and I have an ipad4. I have a few friends with a mini for note taking but in my opinion it just makes it too small to read and be able to highlight, draw diagrams, and enter text so that its all visible correctly. The ipad mini seems good for games but I'd never use it for education.

I also have the notability app. It was the first hand written notes app I bought and I loved it. I have now switched over to goodnotes and pages (since there are more options, albeit they are more expensive). I still keep the notability app on here and use it every now and then and it works great. :eek:)

pstmstr

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
I like taking notes on the mini in Notability, I use the zoom and although you have to hit the little arrow more often than a full sized iPad, it works just fine. I use the Adondit Jot stylus and the Bamboo with a slight edge going to the Jot although I think it might be a bit noisy in a classroom environment.

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I like taking notes on the mini in Notability, I use the zoom and although you have to hit the little arrow more often than a full sized iPad, it works just fine. I use the Adondit Jot stylus and the Bamboo with a slight edge going to the Jot although I think it might be a bit noisy in a classroom environment.

Why not just use the auto-advance option? I've never needed to touch the arrow buttons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jkender

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad mini using Penultimate with a $19.99 stylus bought at Brookstone and this combination is flawless-works tremendously well on the mini - I'm left handed and Penultimate reacts to my slant hand gesture well with its settings.