Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

• Total voters

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
They should have made the mini in the beginning. Perfect size, perfect weight. I think the screen looks great, and I am coming from an iPad 3.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am happy at this time with my decision to not purchase the Mini... but only because I am happy with my 3rd gen iPad - and don’t see the need for 2 iPads... but I will seriously consider the Mini when the time comes to replace my current iPad. I really think that I would like the smaller form factor - and despite the early reviews, it sounds like the non-retina display is not the big negative that it was thought to be.

Last edited:

2BTs4Me

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Happy ot not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

The screen is fine! I'm coming from an iPhone 2 tho... This is what I hoped the original iPad would be.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I am happy with the mini. Even though there is no retina display, I am fine with it. I use it mostly for reading and forum browsing and so far so good.

If I need to do anything heavy duty I can switch to the iPad 3, my 4 won't be here for a few weeks :(

Oh and the mini is plenty fast, no slow issues at all.

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Very Happy!!! (Already sold my iPad 3)
Do I wish it had the Retina Display - sure. Does it make a huge difference in my enjoyment of the device - an UNQUALIFIED NO!!!
Yeah, when using iBooks or the Kindle app I do see the difference in the sharpness of the type, but for me the improvement in size/weight over the iPad 3 is worth it.
All the games and apps I have loaded - aside from the reading ones - look great.
Could not be happier - aside from them giving you the CHEAP ASS iPhone charger, which is DOG SLOW!!!

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

I am happy with the mini. Even though there is no retina display, I am fine with it. I use it mostly for reading and forum browsing and so far so good.

If I need to do anything heavy duty I can switch to the iPad 3, my 4 won't be here for a few weeks :(

Oh and the mini is plenty fast, no slow issues at all.

Exactly what this person said.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Loving it so far. It is the perfect size for me. I would have preferred a retina display, but this one is actually very good. I think Apple hit the real sweet spot on size for this device.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Despite non-Retina I can't put this damn thing down!! Lol :D. Size is perfect!

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Already using it more and differently than my iPad 3. One example today was using it in church. I never did that with my full size iPad's, but today I used it to take notes related to the message right in Pocket Bible. The full size iPad always felt too big for that for some reason, but the mini was just perfect.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Love it , cannot get enough of it! Perfect size, great for on the go and this allowed me to return an iPod Touch I had just bought for use in the car. My head unit fully controls it for my own music as well as Pandora. Fits perfectly in my front cubby and now it goes with me everywhere. Display is fine for my use.

DAB with Tapatalk
iPhone 5 32GB White / iPad Mini 32GB White
IPad 4 16GB White

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site

It's funny because I think the perception is that the mini will be used for pleasure and the bigger IPad will be used for work, but I am wondering if it will be the other way round as the mini is so good to take to meetings.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

It's funny because I think the perception is that the mini will be used for pleasure and the bigger IPad will be used for work, but I am wondering if it will be the other way round as the mini is so good to take to meetings.

I think you are on to something. I know for me that I will be using it more than the previous model for work related use. It can go from my music player in the car into a meeting to take notes, schedule appointments, read and reply to email to name a few.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Mini is definitely better for playing games

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Very, very happy. Feels like a massive upgrade over my Nexus 7 despite technically being a downgrade in specs.

There's no need for retina on these and as a developer I can tell you it'd do more harm than good to the system. 1024x768 is plenty for 8inch and it keeps the device cool, battery long lasting and affordable, plus the processor power can be used to keep it running smoothly. Remember that the iPad 3 actually downgrades some game graphics (i.e. NOVA 3) from iPad 2 in order to be able to render all the pixels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Extremely happy. Purchased on launch day in anticipation of long flight the next day. Have traveled extensively with iPad 3… This. is. SO. Much. better!! Have LTE on order but will likely cancel, as the wi-if is much more stable connection than iPad 3 ever was (could also be iOs6.1). Tether works flawlessly via wi-fi or Bluetooth.

Perfect size for reading. Display is phenomenal. Faster than iPad 3. Added advantage of size is how easy it is to pull out for quick things- when it was too much of a pain to do the same with full-size iPad.

I can hardly put this thing down.

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I love my mini. I use it mostly for surfing the web and eventually I am going to use it to start taking notes in my classes. I like how small and portable it is and that makes me like it a little better than the iPad 3. The screen is a disappointment for me but it really isn't that bad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234