Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Happy

154 95.65%
  • Not happy

7 4.35%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts

Default re: Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Pretty lame that it doesnt have retina display. It's just another Apple strategy to get you to buy another one in 6 months when they announce the one that will have it. Good for me that display is not a deal-breaker. I am happy with my mini.

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Default Happy ot not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    I can see just fine. 20/20 vision here. I have absolutely no issues with my iPad Mini screen at all. It's definitely not a "blurry mess" as you just described. I can read the print just fine in both portrait and landscape mode without zooming. That said, it did take me a day or so to get used to the text compared to the retina display on my old iPad 3, **** that's it. Now that I've had my Mini for awhile, there is no going back to the larger sized iPad, retina or not..... I love my iPad Mini!

Also, there is simply nothing to tolerate. Either you like the Mini or you don't. For those who don't the answer is simple really, return it! However, the sales figures speak volumes in my book and it is obvious that many, many people love the Mini judging by the number of sales it has had. Heck, most stores can't keep up with the supply and demand for it.....

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.
    Agreed. The iPad Mini's screen even without being a "retina" screen is still better than 90% or more laptop screens - and you can carry it with you in one hand.
    Kathy Sica likes this.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default Happy ot not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

I am on day 5 with my mini and I LOVE IT. I had an ipad in the past and truthfully happy I now have a mini, the mini is the perfect size for me.

The display is perfectly fine and dont see anything wrong with it. I do love the fact that it fits in the back pocket of my jeans.

So to answer the OP question. I am very HAPPY with my ipad mini.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I bought one, used it a few days then returned it. Then I missed it so I bought another one. I wish the screen was as sharp as my Iphone 5 but like everything else about it. The form factor is perfect, I'm sure Steve must be rolling over in his grave but he was dead wrong about this sized tablet.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    650 Global Posts

I bought my mini on Saturday afternoon. After using it a bit on Saturday, I packed it up and was ready to return it Sunday. I had some problems with the original set up, and iTunes didn't seem to differentiate between it and my iPad 3. On Sunday morning I decided to do a complete reset and manually add my apps, voila what a change. I love this thing. I can't believe its thinness and weight. It is fantastic! I find myself using it constantly! Even though its pixel density is much less than my iPad 3, I find I have started reading books. The iPad 3 now feels like a ton. I love the mini!!
    Kathy Sica likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Re: Happy ot not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting the iPad mini. Before I buy a new product, I always like to check out the forums to get an honest opinion.
    I checked out this review, which I though to be a little harsh. Have a look at it and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Default Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood87 View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting the iPad mini. Before I buy a new product, I always like to check out the forums to get an honest opinion.
    I checked out this review, which I though to be a little harsh. Have a look at it and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.
    I think you should read the title of this thread again. It's asking how YOU like your iPad Mini, not how a reviewer on another site likes it.

Still loving my iPad Mini.

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

Default Re: Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Retina..Retina..Retina.
    Then..why would one even pick this "Non-Retina" iPad up? The Mini is what the iPad should have been all along... The Screen Res and performance are just fine.. Thank You. The Mini LQQKS 2013.. It's sibblings are starting to look rather dated... :-)
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

i looove my ipad mini! Hoped it charge faster though lol
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Very happy. I LOVE my iPad mini!

The size and weight are perfect. I also kept my iPad3 and use them together for work.
    Formerly PCgirl on CB.com and BBForums
    Star-Tac --> Nextel (ugh!) --> BB 8100 --> 8300 --> 8900 --> 9700 --> iPhone 4S --> 5
    iPhone Beginner

Happy, I bought my first two iPads recently I owned a MacBook Pro and iphone5 but no iPads, I bought a mini I love it my son started using it so much I bought a ipad4 after using my 4 so much when I do pry the mini from my son I do notice a huge diff in screen, before using the 4 the mini screen seemed great, I still love it I often miss the size and feel of the mini when I'm using the 4 and the screen of the 4 when using the mini,lol but happy with my purchases for sure and as far as speed I don't notice a diff for my use

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD
    iPhone Nanite

Mega Happy the best thing that I have!!
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Size is perfect. I am making the commitment to the ecosystem now, so it was one of the few missing pieces. I am very happy with the purchase.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DeeMat View Post
    Size is perfect. I am making the commitment to the ecosystem now, so it was one of the few missing pieces. I am very happy with the purchase.
    Agree completely. If they would've come out with this a year ago, they would've cleaned up the tablet market completely. Letting the kindle fire and nexus 7 get a foot in the door was a mistake.
    seanpr likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have it, love it and will keep it. However, having it since release day I have become some what frustrated with the display and more specific the small font scaling. I can handle the not so crisp screen that is not an issue.

Initially I was so taken by the thinness and light weight, but over time now these small scaled fonts is impacting my user experience. I will say other than that it's a fantastic device. Design wise it's beautiful.

DAB
    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iPhone Nanite

I had an ipad2 and decided to get mini because of the portability. Having an iphone4s, I do notice the difference without the retina display but it's still a nice screen. I'm very happy with it, so light and size is perfect!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loony4Fruit View Post
    Agree completely. If they would've come out with this a year ago, they would've cleaned up the tablet market completely. Letting the kindle fire and nexus 7 get a foot in the door was a mistake.
    The iPad Mini was released because of the Nexus 7 and the Kindle Fire HD. Apple had to put something out in order to compete with them, otherwise they would've eaten up iPad sales.

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

Happy so far, but I've only had it a day. Yet with Apple you know what you are going to get and that is something good so I can't imagine not liking it it. The size is perfect. Not too big, yet at the same time not too small to be of any use over a mobile phone. I have a Samsung galaxy tab 10 inch and the google nexus 7, the mini beats them both hands down. Will most likely be getting rid of those and making the mini my only tablet. It's really light and thin, looks very slick and sexy too ! I also love the pink Smart Cover. I have a 5th gen iPod touch with a retina display and used to have the iPhone 4 with retina display, but I'm not finding the mini's display bad at all. It's vibrant and is better than the screens on my android tablets even though they are supposed to have higher resolutions.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by henywatty View Post
    The iPad Mini was released because of the Nexus 7 and the Kindle Fire HD. Apple had to put something out in order to compete with them, otherwise they would've eaten up iPad sales.

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    I'd imagine that the iPad mini was already in development before the nexus 7 came out, however the original kindle fire came out in. 2011 in the US and went down very well. I imagine that the iPad mini was developed more in response to the kindle fire than any of the android tablets.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EmceeGeek View Post
    I had it but just took it back to the store. There isn't much to holler about since I have the iPad 3. I think I'm just getting tired of the same iOS ecosystem.
    I was feeling like you earlier this year. I'd used an iPhone as my main phone since 2008 and things were staring to feel a bit stale. In March last year my iPhone was stolen so decided to buy a cheap android phone until my contract was due for upgrade in a month. I quite liked the android phone I was using so decided to upgrade to an android phone instead of an iPhone. I even bought a few android tablets. However after 9 months of using android I'd had enough, the system is just too unstable for me and all the device lag. They might be more open and customisable but it's not worth it. I'd take apple devices any day. I've now bought an iPod touch and an iPad mini, will be getting rid of my android tablets. I might as well keep the phone as it works well as a mobile hotspot and I can use it to run my iPod touch virtually as an iPhone.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
    I'd imagine that the iPad mini was already in development before the nexus 7 came out, however the original kindle fire came out in. 2011 in the US and went down very well. I imagine that the iPad mini was developed more in response to the kindle fire than any of the android tablets.
    I agree. I think it was more aimed at the kindle and to try and prevent the loss of as many sales as it could to the upcoming android tablets which seems to have helped somewhat.
    iPhone Nanite

I am in love with the mini. I've always loved my iPod but I can see the screen on this much better. Not having the retina works fine by me. I think the screen is super.
    iPhone Nanite

iPad Mini is the perfect device for my business use.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

How can you not like the mini ???
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

HAPPY for sure!
    since it's one of my wedding gifts XDD
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast