Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

• Total voters

jennaBaby

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
totally happy! The size is absolutely perfect for playing games or watching late night movies in your bed before sleep. It's so light and comfy to use. Fits perfectly in my hand. Recommend to anyone considering this.

idrewpage

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I could not be happier. In every way possible, its the best iPad I've used. Also, reading news and books is a dream, since its so thin and light. The screen looks great to me. I've never owned a retina iPad, but the screen looks almost as nice as the retina display on my iPhone 4S.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Happy ot not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

I had it but just took it back to the store. There isn't much to holler about since I have the iPad 3. I think I'm just getting tired of the same iOS ecosystem.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I had it but just took it back to the store. There isn't much to holler about since I have the iPad 3. I think I'm just getting tired of the same iOS ecosystem.

That's the opposite of me... Sold my iPad 3 and no regrets getting a mini... Smaller size, lower weight and better usability (for me) trump the lack of retina...

stinkballs

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
At first the display bugged me. But after a while I found myself using it more and more and am used to it. Doesn't bug me at all now. And I have the iPhone 5 and Retina Macbook Pro. I do want to see a Retina Mini and this will do just fine til that comes. Yep. Happy. Digging the size. Now I gotta find a good sleeve because this Mini is gonna stay nekkid.

dbudd27

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Picked one up at Target today and all I can say is wow. I love my retina ipad 3 but I can definitely see myself using this a lot more. No regrets at all.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site

I picked up an iPad mini this morning from a local guy. They don't have any in store and this one was unopened. I lucked out and got it for $340. Pretty much same price after taxes. Anyway...

I love it. Very light and TBH the screen is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pommie82

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I thought that the mini was well worth the money i cannot fault the mini at all.I use it every day without fail really enjoying the experience with using it
money well spent in my eyes.I actually use the mini more then i use the 9'7 inch iPad.Its great for reading forums on and surfing the web and checking emails,reading books,playing games,if there is something i'am not so keen on would be watching media on it. I would prefer to use the 9'7 iPad for that sort of thing.

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site

When I first got it on release day, I was of course impressed with the lightness and portability. However, I wasn't sure about the typing or the video. The text also seemed blurrier than I remember the IPad 2 being (I now have an IPad 3). However, a week later and my perceptions have changed almost completely. The video seems great - just as good as IPad 3. I am typing quickly and am finding this very useful for quick blogs and emails at work. Granted, the lack of retina is bothering me still as the IPad 3 seems so crisp and sharp. However, I have barely used my bigger IPad since I got the mini. Instead of feeling slightly heavy it now feels like a brick. I have also noted that my mini is quicker to tether, perhaps because I can carry it in my pocket rather than rummaging around in my bag! I always thought I'd use the two devices for separate things - perhaps watching video on the bigger IPad and reading on the mini. It could just be the novelty factor, but I can now see a life without a bigger IPad. It will be a tough decision next year, when the fifth decision IPad comes out, especially if the mini remains retina free.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The more I use my mini, the more I love it! The size is perfect!! Was debating ordering an ipad 4 to compare side by side with the mini to see which one I liked best. I've since canceled that notion - keeping the mini for sure! Not missing the ipad 3 I sold at all! When the mini DOES go Retina - it will be KILLER!!!!!

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Love my Mini!! This is my first iPad, although I have used and tested several iPad2 and 3's in the past. I did not like the weight, and am so glad I waited for the Mini to be released. I recently took a trip and used the Mini to do everything. It was great on the flight watching movies, and I used it constantly at night checking Facebook, the web and email.

Where I see it being most useful is browsing web and email. I find myself using it while watching TV a lot. I check the web or email during commercials. Watching the news, I can check other commentary on a story I hear that interests me. The device is so light that its easy to hold for long periods of time. And the battery life is amazing!

The screen is fine, and its really easy to enlarge small text so it looks better. iBooks and Kindle apps have a text size selector, and web pages are easy to magnify by just double-tapping on the page. Movies and videos look great.

In all, very, very pleased with my little iPad. My iPhone is being relegated to calls and quick trips to town. The Mini is now the device I can't put down...

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Retina is the only thing I wish it had. It's plenty fast. Love the fact that you can hold it easily in one hand. Even without the retina though, the screen still looks amazing. And you add the black back to it....I love this thing.

broadwayblues

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I suggest that this poll be run again in 6 months to see if there's a difference in opinion once the 'new' wears off. I have an iPad 3 and love it, but I also have a Nexus 7. Therefore, I can't justify buying another 7-8 inch tablet.

mikedavis929

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I loved holding it, compared to my iPad 3 it was so light. I also loved that I could easily pack it in a bag. Overall though I found it difficult to look at the screen after using the iPad 3 and returned it. Hopefully it is improved soon, as I loved everything except actually looking at the screen.

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I am very happy with it. I use it much more than my full sized retina iPad 3. I can use it for longer periods of time because my hands don't get tired or numb-- I have carpel tunnel syndrome. Also the battery life is just phenomenal. It fits wonderfully in my purse and as soon as the retina version comes out I will be buying it with the cellular built in. I predict it will outsell iPad in the long run.

ilosby

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Love my mini. It is my first iPad, and I am extremely happy.

I mainly use it for Kindle and watching videos. Facetime is much better on this than on my iPhone.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

The more I use my mini, the more I love it! The size is perfect!! Was debating ordering an ipad 4 to compare side by side with the mini to see which one I liked best. I've since canceled that notion - keeping the mini for sure! Not missing the ipad 3 I sold at all! When the mini DOES go Retina - it will be KILLER!!!!!

I actually did this and was going to keep both. IPad Mini was my choice all the way. I thought the family would be happy with the iPad 4 and I would use it too. However, I was not using it and my family yesterday ask me if we could send the iPad 4 back and just get another iPad Mini. Went to Best Buy today and picked up another iPad Mini, got online and processed a return for iPad 4 which I will ship back tomorrow. Everyone is happy now with the iPad Mini.

Like others if and when Apple releases an iPad Mini with retina. I am in! LOL

DAB, sent with Tapatalk HD
iPhone 5 32GB White / iPad Mini 32GB White

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Just sold my iPad 3 and got my 32GB Mini today at best buy. Loving it so far!! Will definitely get the Mini when it goes Retina.

Sent by the elves living in my iPad Mini.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro