Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Exclamation Official I have my iPad mini thread!

If you'd like to broadcast to the rest of the forum members that you have received your iPad mini, please do so here. Any other threads with that topic will be closed no questions asked. Thanks!
    Thanked by:
    Penique (11-03-2012)
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

Default Re: Official I have my iPad mini thread!

I got mine ! Walked into Best Buy at 10am very few customers in store tried the mini & bought the last one of 5 -16 gig black ones they had.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Default Official I have my iPad mini thread!

I got mine! There were 3 people ahead of me at BB and we all wanted the same thing (white mini 16gb). They only had 4 so I got the last one. When I got home I sent my husband up there and he got his black mini
    iPhone Nanite

Arrived! 12:00pm to Tx.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    iOS Version

2 seconds after i said I was waiting on UPS to arrive...low and behold the UPS truck pulls up. Time to unbox it and get it set up!
    LCW
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,368 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Got mine around 12:30p today. Rushed home at lunch to grab it.

Size = awesome. Screen... Oh boy I'm not sure I can get used to it. As Rene would say - it's like sandpaper on my eyes. It's not so bad in and of itself - but when switching between iPhone 5 and the mini, it's bad. Or between my MBP retina. How I wish there was a retina mini.

Basically it's down to do I trade off size or screen res. the size, shape of case and light weight are amazing. So we'll see if I can get used to the screen over the next few days. If not will have to return and get a 4.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I was foolish to think I could resist

Official I have my iPad mini thread!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351885439.868154.jpg

Purchased at a Best Buy near my work... walked right in and got a 32GB black. They really didn't have any accessories so I continued a bit farther on the highway to my nearest Apple Store (Walnut Creek, CA) and bought the Product (red) Smart Cover and a couple 30-pin to Lightning adapters.

My initial thoughts: lack of retina is not that big of a deal at this screen size, it is very thin and light but feels sturdy in the hand, the smart cover "sticks" better than on the iPad3 probably due to being lighter
    Last edited by SnapThrow; 11-02-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    LCW likes this.

Global Posts
    4,272 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS8.1b2

I am in the club. Went to a BestBuy this morning. Going to the Apple store in a bit for a smart cover

So far, I like it. I do miss the retina display, but for reading in iBooks its fine.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Multiple

Received mine at 1:45 today (Texas.) I was never so excited to see that big brown truck. I've been waiting for a mini version of the iPad since they were first introduced! :

Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Received 2 of them. Kids Christmas presents.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Going from an iPad 2 to an iPad Mini. This iPad is perfect for me. I love the size of this. The screen doesnt really bother me but like others said going from iPhone5 to the iPad mini you see the difference. But with that being said I love this Mini!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnapThrow View Post
    I was foolish to think I could resist

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351885439.868154.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	22202

Purchased at a Best Buy near my work... walked right in and got a 32GB black. They really didn't have any accessories so I continued a bit farther on the highway to my nearest Apple Store (Walnut Creek, CA) and bought the Product (red) Smart Cover and a couple 30-pin to Lightning adapters.

My initial thoughts: lack of retina is not that big of a deal at this screen size, it is very thin and light but feels sturdy in the hand, the smart cover "sticks" better than on the iPad3 probably due to being lighter
    ^2nd. Display looks fine to my 40-something eyes. Bit jarring to go back to iPad 3 (limited edition!), but once I sell it, no more comparison. I don't notice a difference between iPhone 5 and mini- the Mini display looks pretty darn great to me. Renders a teeny bit more slowly, but once rendered, I would be hard pressed to tell the difference - especially I am neither a gamer nor movie- watcher. Loving the form factor. Been waiting for this!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    850 Global Posts

Screen is somewhat a bust! Is it even in-touch cell like the five? the screen looks far from the glass! I'm sorry for $329 I expect a better display. Form factor is perfect. I went to store ready to buy but couldn't settle with the display. I guess I will have to wait till retina.
    Last edited by EvoRC; 11-03-2012 at 02:14 AM.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I must say imore forum app is perfect on this. I love the keyboard. I can type really good on it. I see my iPhone 5's use declining a lot with this mini! Loving it so far
    iPad1 - I
    iPad 2 - I
    iPad Mini - I
    iPad Air - I
    iPhone 3G - I
    iPhone 4 - I
    iPhone 4S- II
    iPhone 5 - III
    iPhone 5S - I
    iPod 30GB - I
    iPod Touch 5thG 64GB - I
    MacBook - I
    Mac Mini - I
    rMBP 13"
    iPhone 6+ SG 128GB
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

I’m seeing reports of steady sales... but nothing on par with other Apple device releases... was in Best Buy for something completely unrelated, and there were a few folks looking/buying. i talked to the Apple rep and he said sales were "steady". That particular BestBuy had a large supply but was already out of the 16GB models (both black and white), and they were getting low on the 32GB models...

I saw where some Apple store locations were selling out...

I did take a couple of minutes to play with the display unit and, I was impressed. The screen is better than I feared, based on reviews... and it’s actually got a higher pixel density than my wife's iPad 2gen... so it would be usable. Even with that gawd-awful security contraption attached to it, it was remarkably light...

My wife also said that our local Target had a couple left. The clerk said all they got were 32GB white units (10 total) and they still had 1 or 2 in the case...

I’m very happy with my 3rd generation iPad (some whiner's comments notwithstanding), but I could see myself with an iPad Mini...
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Mine was delivered around 1pm pacific time. It's sitting at the house waiting for me (wife signed for it). I consider myself more of an Android guy (I have switched back and forth between iPhones and Androids), but I'm excited to play with the Mini and see what it has to offer.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I just got my mini and so far I am loving it. I don't think the screen is that bad. The size, form factor and weight are amazing.
    [FONT=Garamond]iPhone 4 32GB Black, 2012 MBP 13" i5/FONT]
    iMore Intermediate

Got mine! Love it! The display is fine, the hardware is beautiful, and I'm downloading all my apps and files to it now...

Global Posts
    3,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    Iím seeing reports of steady sales... but nothing on par with other Apple device releases... was in Best Buy for something completely unrelated, and there were a few folks looking/buying. i talked to the Apple rep and he said sales were "steady". That particular BestBuy had a large supply but was already out of the 16GB models (both black and white), and they were getting low on the 32GB models...

I saw where some Apple store locations were selling out...

I did take a couple of minutes to play with the display unit and, I was impressed. The screen is better than I feared, based on reviews... and itís actually got a higher pixel density than my wife's iPad 2gen... so it would be usable. Even with that gawd-awful security contraption attached to it, it was remarkably light...

My wife also said that our local Target had a couple left. The clerk said all they got were 32GB white units (10 total) and they still had 1 or 2 in the case...

Iím very happy with my 3rd generation iPad (some whiner's comments notwithstanding), but I could see myself with an iPad Mini...
    Would you get it in addition or instead of? I am considering a mini alongside my iPad 3. Would wait till the refurbs come out tho.

Global Posts
    3,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Girl View Post
    ^2nd. Display looks fine to my 40-something eyes. Bit jarring to go back to iPad 3 (limited edition!), but once I sell it, no more comparison. I don't notice a difference between iPhone 5 and mini- the Mini display looks pretty darn great to me. Renders a teeny bit more slowly, but once rendered, I would be hard pressed to tell the difference - especially I am neither a gamer nor movie- watcher. Loving the form factor. Been waiting for this!
    Limited addition. That's great!
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddyl View Post
    Would you get it in addition or instead of? I am considering a mini alongside my iPad 3. Would wait till the refurbs come out tho.
    Not sure... probably instead... can’t see the need for 2 iPads... I love my 3rd gen, but the Mini seems so light. And as I said, the screen is actually better than I expected it to be after reading some early reviews.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina

Global Posts
    3,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    Not sure... probably instead... canít see the need for 2 iPads... I love my 3rd gen, but the Mini seems so light. And as I said, the screen is actually better than I expected it to be after reading some early reviews.
    But it could be like a little mini me to the iPad lol.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Got mine when I got home from work. I was apprehensive about the screen after all the people bad mouthing it, but I was pleasantly surprised. Perfect size and weight. Its a keeper.
    Karenkcoulter likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

I can't be more pleased than I am with my mini! It's perfect for me! No regrets with my purchase 😊
    iMore Beginner

I love it! My hands are tiny, and I have no problem holding it with one hand! It's also beautiful. <g>
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast