Anyone getting rid of their ipad 3 to get a mini?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why I'm even considering, but I'm debating selling my ipad 3 and getting a mini. The slightly smaller form factor would make it more usable. One reason I don't drag my ipad around more is the size and weight. But I love the screen (retina). Not sure how well I'd handle the non-retina screen, but I never though my ipad 2 looked "bad"... ipad mini would be slightly sharper being that it has smaller pixels and high ppi (163 vs 128? or something like that)...

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I would wait and see the screen my self. I don't know what this IGZO display brings to the table yet. I have been kind of thinking the same thing myself but I will wait and see it on display.

fordgirl14

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't plan on getting rid of my iPad 3 anytime soon. I ordered a mini and I am anxious to see the two screens side by side.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I did downgrade from an iphone 4 to a 3GS once... it was a bit painful but then you get used to it... then you get an iphone 4 again and it's amazing ;)

so this would be similar lol

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPad 3 and preordered the Mini. Am planning on getting rid of the 3 if I like the Mini - won't keep both - but will make final decision when I actually see the Mini and how it works.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPad 3 and preordered the Mini. Am planning on getting rid of the 3 if I like the Mini - won't keep both - but will make final decision when I actually see the Mini and how it works.

I am selling my iPad 3, however, I haven't fully decided on whether the Mini will replace it or not.

vassago

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I sold my 32gb iPad 3 for $407 on nextworth.com and bought a 32gb mini, so essentially it cost me $22 out of pocket. I've had all 3 previous iPad versions and I've been complaining about the weight of the 3rd gen for a while. I'm really not worried about going backwards from having a retina iPad. My wife's iPad 2 still looks great, and the mini has a higher ppi so I'm sure it will do just fine until next year when I'm sure I'll upgrade again :) I probably won't buy another full size iPad until they reduce the bezel a bit and make it a little lighter.

PUBLICFARLEY

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I sold my iPad 3 yesterday. Pre-ordered an iPad mini this morning.

For me, I really want an "always with me, always available" tablet experience. While highly portable, my iPad 3 was too big and too awkward in many settings. Hoping the smaller form factor mini will fit the bill.

tool022611

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to downgrade from the retina just wait til next year or spring the way they're going for the upgraded mini. I just got a 64gig ipad 3 and won't be gettin rid of it for at least 2 years. I am upset they are comin out with the 4 already but my 3 is just as awesome as it was on the 22nd!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
well I caved :D ... got a mini pre-ordered... black slate 32gb wifi model... will arrive 11/2... as swandy above is doing, I'll get it and decide if I like it, but I could really use the smaller size to make it more useful to me... my ipad 3 is under utilized (mostly since i got a MBP retina 15" back in the summer)

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't know how I'd ever go from Retina to essetinally the resolution of the 3GS. I'd want to see it in person first and decide later. Next to my iPad Retina, my girlfriend's iPad 2 looks like an awful, pixelated mess.

stinkballs

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
On the fence as well about selling my ipad 3. I want to see how crisp they say text will be. If my pdfs are sharp enough, ill sell it AND the wifes ipad 2 and pick up another mini. :)

Excited, arent you?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how I'd ever go from Retina to essetinally the resolution of the 3GS. I'd want to see it in person first and decide later. Next to my iPad Retina, my girlfriend's iPad 2 looks like an awful, pixelated mess.
I doubt the iPad Mini's display will look like that of the 3GS. From what I've seen and read, the display is better than that of the iPad 2 which I didn't find that bad in all honesty.

- - - Updated - - -

well I caved :D ... got a mini pre-ordered... black slate 32gb wifi model... will arrive 11/2... as swandy above is doing, I'll get it and decide if I like it, but I could really use the smaller size to make it more useful to me... my ipad 3 is under utilized (mostly since i got a MBP retina 15" back in the summer)
LOL, I also caved and ordered the iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for AT&T 64GB - White & Silver. Gonna be a loooong wait. *sigh*

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Not going mini. I wish they would have integrated the look of the iPhone 5 and iPad mini into the 4th generation iPad. I'm on the fence about selling my new iPad for the 4.

I use my iPad with my apple Bluetooth keyboard as a laptop replacement. So I figure the screen of the mini may be about too small.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Not going mini. I wish they would have integrated the look of the iPhone 5 and iPad mini into the 4th generation iPad. I'm on the fence about selling my new iPad for the 4.
In my case, I figured, sell the 3 now... get a mini... then wait it out for the ipad 5 which should have a new form factor...

I use my iPad with my apple Bluetooth keyboard as a laptop replacement. So I figure the screen of the mini may be about too small.

that i can understand... but since i have a MBP... no reason to have an ipad that's also a laptop replacement... which is why I the mini might suit me... but we shall see... I may hate it and return it. Or I may love it and stick to minis moving forward.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
In my case, I figured, sell the 3 now... get a mini... then wait it out for the ipad 5 which should have a new form factor...

that i can understand... but since i have a MBP... no reason to have an ipad that's also a laptop replacement... which is why I the mini might suit me... but we shall see... I may hate it and return it. Or I may love it and stick to minis moving forward.

And this I can completely agree with. Maybe once the iPad mini gets an increase in specs, I will come around. I did have a Blackberry PlayBook and I really enjoyed the size as far as reading and web surfing were concerned.

For now, I'm thinking of just the iPad. But I am always liable to walk into Apple, fall in love with the mini, and walk out a few hundred dollars poorer.

GreenDize12

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Will be getting rid of the 3 for iPad mini with LTE. I don't care about pixel density or any of that Crap, just LTE. I am however, still debating about holding off until iOS 6 is Jailbroken or just go for it now and wait it out. I actually prefer to have my iPad to be Jailbroken.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I sold my 3 for $560 and pre-ordered the iPad Mini. I already have an iPhone 5 with the new lightening connector. So, I figured I'll sell my iPad 3, get an iPad mini, if the display though ends up being not acceptable (because I am spoiled) then I'll just return it. I can then opt to wait or go for the iPad 4 which will still give me the lightening connector, along with the better camera, processor etc.

I am hoping the smaller iPad mini's display doesn't disappoint. This could be the first Apple product that ends up with lots of returns.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Having all the same cables (ie. Lightning) will help reduce clutter... I bought 3 extra lightning usb cables for my iphone 5 (2 vehicle, 1 work). With another Lighting device, I can use all the same cables and not have to worry having the right cable or have double the cables.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh