Official waiting for iPad Mini pre-order pajama party!

Belzad

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I am considering maybe getting the fourth generation iPad with Retina to replace the iPad 2, but that feels extraneously frivolous due to us already each having an iPad that meets our needs fine.

Extraneously frivolous is getting 3 iPads with retina, 1 to use, 1 to have in case of breakage, and the in case the backup doesn't work, but I still consider his good sense. :p

nickpthemft

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
So I'm waiting to order the 4th generation (for my dad) and mini for myself. The last few weeks in college, I've come to realize all my work and notes are in PDF form and it would be so much more convenient to annotate research papers, download notes, and study off of a tablet rather than drag around the Macbook Pro with the battery cutting off after 3 hrs (especially on busy days where there are no outlets left at the library). Anybody have suggestions for must-have college apps?

The iWork suite - Pages/Numbers/Keynote. Those are must-haves, especially for doing basic academic tasks. I'd also recommend Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can edit/annotate PDF files through there. You can also use OpenOffice (or some variation of that) as an alternative to the iWork suite if you're dead-set against using Apple software.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
So with this great info for my kids and tablets do you guys suggest a Ipad 1, Ipad 2 or Ipad mini?

Depends, 2 is preferable over 1 just in speed. Then it comes to size and cost. Brand new the mini is less than the 2 but you may be able to find a used one for less.

anniyan428

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
The iWork suite - Pages/Numbers/Keynote. Those are must-haves, especially for doing basic academic tasks. I'd also recommend Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can edit/annotate PDF files through there. You can also use OpenOffice (or some variation of that) as an alternative to the iWork suite if you're dead-set against using Apple software.

I was definitely considering iWork. It's funny, I haven't used Pages/Numbers since elementary school when our school was Apple exclusive

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
So I'm waiting to order the 4th generation (for my dad) and mini for myself. The last few weeks in college, I've come to realize all my work and notes are in PDF form and it would be so much more convenient to annotate research papers, download notes, and study off of a tablet rather than drag around the Macbook Pro with the battery cutting off after 3 hrs (especially on busy days where there are no outlets left at the library). Anybody have suggestions for must-have college apps?

Drop Box. EverNote. I'm not a student, but those are good apps you might use.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

Notability.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW