Official waiting for iPad Mini pre-order pajama party!

jl0998

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you....I'm happy someone notices....it's all for the kids:) I know my kids won't get it until there 20 and out of the house with there own family. I need to make sure I mark this day down in there baby books....I will probably forget this day 10 years from now...lol

myfutprint

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Well damn, I'm all of 1hr half late but all good. Just keeping everyone company as I only intend to get an ipad mini maybe for x-mas for daughter assuming they are available. I already have an ipad 3gen and have no intention of getting rid of it. But anyways would love to win one too or an iMac --- that simply looked awesome.

ITS ME DAVID

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean wash out? I've never heard this complaint before. I've heard that it's distracting to some people but after using a white iPhone for so long, black bezels are a little distracting to me! xD

This is a complaint that's been around simce white was introduced to the iPad plus the black borders around the screen are annoying and visible on white them on black I have a white iPhone 5 gonna give it to my Gf and order a black 5

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey iMore staff! Glad to be with you all. I'm the dedicated husband staying up WAY past my bedtime to order a 64GB Sprint iPad mini WiFi + Cellular in White/Silver for my wife. She has a ZTE Optik right now, and to be honest, I don't know a person I'd actually recommend it to. Sure, it's got a great screen and is 3G enabled, but what an ultimate letdown. She tinkered with it for several months (since April, actually), and she's been salivating for the mini since I showed her the first renders.

Only question is, when does the Braintrust think that the WiFi + Cellular models will ship/arrive? If I had to call it, I'm going with some of the other pundits that Monday, November 12th seems likely, as Sprint is rolling out their new 3G/4G LTE plans on the 11th. Since Apple can't deliver a product on a Sunday, I'd imagine it'd be the next day. Any thoughts?

The best guess is off the "two weeks later" given at the show. Possibly the 16th.

My curiosity is why sprint? They don't add it to a shared package. Are you in one of the rare sprint LTE areas?

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have both a white iPhone 5 and iPad 2, and as for washing out I would disagree, especially compared to my black iPhone 4.

Sent from the shadows of darkness using Tapatalk

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
This is a complaint that's been around simce white was introduced to the iPad plus the black borders around the screen are annoying and visible on white them on black I have a white iPhone 5 gonna give it to my Gf and order a black 5

"Washing out" the display means that the display's colors are noticeably inaccurate, with a hazy feel to the image. I've never heard of this happening with white iPads. I've heard of the white bezel being a little distracting but that varies from person to person.

ITS ME DAVID

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
"Washing out" the display means that the display's colors are noticeably inaccurate, with a hazy feel to the image. I've never heard of this happening with white iPads. I've heard of the white bezel being a little distracting but that varies from person to person.

There's a reason almost all TV sets are black. When you're watching video or playing a game, you want the TV set to blend away into the background so you can enjoy what you're doing without the distractions of a big, bright rim around it.

The same goes for iPad and iPad mini. Some people find having a white faceplate very distracting when they're watching videos or gaming, and others just don't like the contrast between the white border and the black screen when the device is off. (It's known as "panda" if you want to get all inside baseball about it.)

Others aren't bothered by a white border at all and really like the two-tone look of the iPhone when its off. This year, however, you also have something else to consider. Until apps update for widescreen, they'll be letter-boxed or pillar-boxed on the iPhone 5, which means black bars. Those will almost disappear on a black iPhone 5. On a white iPhone 5, not so much...

jl0998

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Ain't no party like an iMore pajama pre-order party, cause a iMore pajama pre-order party don't stop!

Just thought I would finish the song:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2