Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

Default Re: Official waiting for iPad Mini pre-order pajama party!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjacksonjr View Post
    wow microsoft really putting good specs in it apple is only giving us 1 gig with no choice for more right?
    Ms can out all kind of specs still out out a slow buggy item.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Official waiting for iPad Mini pre-order pajama party!

Is it wrong for me to eat McDonald's in the gym parking lot lol?

Sent from the shadows of darkness using Tapatalk
    "If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried"... -- Terrence C.

iPhone 5S 64GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad 4 128GB + LTE, iPad mini Retina 128GB + LTE, iPad 2 64GB Wifi, Apple TV 2 & 3, MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011), iMac (2008 Intel), Powerbook G4, 2 Powerbook G3's, indigo iMac
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by pigstamp View Post
    I'm having the same problem..do you know if retina makes a BIG difference? I'm using the iPad 3 retina right now but I've never owned an apple product without it..
    I've been with the iPhone since the 3G, and the original iPad. I've owned the 3G, the 4, and the 4S (currently), as well as the original iPad and the iPad 2 (currently). Just have to say that every time I see the Retina screen on any Apple product, I'm constantly amazed about the difference it makes. Since the mini is going to have about 167(if I got my spec right?) ppi, it seems like it'll be just like the mini itself - a tweener. Clearer than the iPad/iPad 2, but not quite Retina-worthy. I'm sure it'll make a big difference though, and since Apple's only improved on their image processing quality since non-Retina products, I'm sure they'll enhance the clarity as much as possible.

That being said, the iPad 2 vs. iPad 3 is definitely notable, even when not side-by-side. Make of that what you will with regards to the iPad mini. Hope that helps!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chadec View Post
    No, but having 4gb of RAM in a fragmented OS is also just a big number with nothing to show
    oh so the 4 gigs are not used by programs on the surface??
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parsons View Post
    That's what the additional 64GB is for.. have to have somewhere to store the virii as they grow. :P
    Rene - please give this guy a prize for the funniest comment of the evening!
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by DaPhoneking View Post

About as wrong as me walking past (twice) a Curves with giant glass storefront windows while eating a Love It from Coldstone.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by DaPhoneking View Post

Not at all brother. I actually came from the gym from work and afterwards stopped to get McDonald's (McDouble w/fry $2.36) just so that I didn't have to go into the freezer. Do you my man.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by myfutprint View Post
    Not at all brother. I actually came from the gym from work and afterwards stopped to get McDonald's (McDonnell w/fry $2.36) just so that I didn't have to go into the freezer. Do you my man.
    Deal. Was going to work it off tonight anyway lol

"If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried"... -- Terrence C.

iPhone 5S 64GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad 4 128GB + LTE, iPad mini Retina 128GB + LTE, iPad 2 64GB Wifi, Apple TV 2 & 3, MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011), iMac (2008 Intel), Powerbook G4, 2 Powerbook G3's, indigo iMac
    iPhone Newbie

An hour and 45 min to go. Think I'm just going to order the 16 GB black to see if I like the form factor. Can always gift it and go bigger or LTE later. My kids love my trial runs with new products
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    iOS Version

So who else is getting the mini in white? I'm also curious, are you a dude or a girl?

For some reason, the general consensus seems to be that the white apple products are for women. I'm a dude and I've always gotten the white versions xD.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

im still going ipad 4 just wish they allowed us diffrent ram configurations like the surface has one can never have enough ram lol
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1/6

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjacksonjr View Post
    im still going ipad 4 just wish they allowed us diffrent ram configurations like the surface has one can never have enough ram lol
    While that isn't necessarily an inaccurate statement, do you know how RAM is used?
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by rednocturne307 View Post
    So who else is getting it in white? I'm also curious, are you a dude or a girl?

For some reason, the general consensus seems to be that the white apple products are for women. I'm a dude and I've always gotten the white versions xD.
    LOL. My wife has requested the White/Silver iPad mini. She's been with the white iOS devices since the 4S/iPad 2, and she said that she just likes them. She says they look more clean and crisp.

And more feminine. Her words, not mine!
    iMore Intermediate

So who else is getting the mini in white? I'm also curious, are you a dude or a girl?

Dude. White. White is sexy and beautiful, and combined with the silver, looks like a million bucks. The black scratches if you even look at it, by the way.
    iPhone Newbie

So who else is getting it in white? I'm also curious, are you a dude or a girl?

From my observations, at school, everyone gets white. I have a black iPhone, and I only know of 4 other black iPhone owners, and basically every other iPhone owner at my school owns a white iPhone.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    iOS Version

While that isn't necessarily an inaccurate statement, do you know how RAM is used?
    You know what they say, unused ram is wasted ram.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1/6

If it weren't for my wanting the proximity sensor (phone) and front camera to blend with the bezel I would go for the white on either. Nothing overly feminine about white over black in my eyes
    iPhone Nanite

i got a white iphone 4s last year just got an iphone 5 in white and got an ipad 3 in white and now getting the ipad 4 in white so its not just for girls im a dude
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by RealNeal View Post
    Dude. White. White is sexy and beautiful, and combined with the silver, looks like a million bucks. The black scratches if you even look at it, by the way.
    Haha while a big exaggerated, I do agree that the white just seems to have more character. Even though it's more popular, it feels more exclusive and luxurious for some reason.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #370  
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,375 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by RealNeal View Post
    Rene - please give this guy a prize for the funniest comment of the evening!
    Chris works for Mobile Nations, so no prize for him other than our eternal, undying laughter and applause.
    Thanked by:
    Chris Parsons (10-26-2012), RealNeal (10-26-2012)
    iPhone Newbie

I just joined in on this forum. Are all the prizes given away? I live in Vegas & it's only 10:21pm here
    iPhone Newbie

My daughter has a white iPad, but my my wife likes black, both her iPad and iPhone are black. Mine are also black as are my son's. Back in the day I picked up the top end MacBook because my wife wanted the black one.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

yes i know how ram works im in my 50s been using computers sence the early apple days had commodore amigas too and the old atari compuers man those were the days any old school people on here remember those days amigas were way ahead of their time
    iPhone Nanite

I'm getting it in white for my son, I'm female and have a white 3 however
    iPhone Newbie

So....back in the day when you needed to know something your parents made you look it up in the dictionary or encylopedia......

My kids are 8 and 10 years old, is the ipad the best tablet for them? We are new to the i-world.

What is the best tablet for kids that now get there info mostly from the internet?
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast