Ipad mini price!!!! Horrible

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Exactly, that's why they took the time to compare a 199 dollars Android tablet with the iPad, you're paying more but you are getting a much better experience..

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This is Apple's mentality. They'll sell millions without retina display, then sell another million next year when they release a new one with retina.

Doesn't matter what their mentality or reasoning is, because at the end of the day they still bring in millions from people like myself who sell their old devices to get the newest ones.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't matter what their mentality or reasoning is, because at the end of the day they still bring in millions from people like myself who sell their old devices to get the newest ones.

Exactly....Nobody Has a Better Resale value than an Apple Product.... I went 64GB this time so I can get back at least 400$ this time next year for my Faster iPhone 5s!!

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I think they can still get away with pricing things like this because of the reputation that steve built which is still flowing over a bit. As for the $329 price tag i think they would have hit the sweet spot if they would have started at $300 and then went further.... Im most likely going to buy one simply because i put off buying and ipad because of the size and all other tablets ive played with are inferior excluding the playbook....

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly....Nobody Has a Better Resale value than an Apple Product.... I went 64GB this time so I can get back at least 400$ this time next year for my Faster iPhone 5s!!

That's right. I sold my old iPhone and almost paid for my new iPhone 5. It will be the same with the Mini when a Retina version comes out.

jman0829

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I think it is a great price. For example look at the nexus 7, it feels extremely cheap. The iPad mini looks really good. Im buying one as soon as i can and maybe i will get another for my girlfriend in december. I love the size.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That's right. I sold my old iPhone and almost paid for my new iPhone 5. It will be the same with the Mini when a Retina version comes out.

Interesting thought. Not sure that it will hold true for iPads in the future, though. Part of the high prices for used iPhones is the fact that you buy it at a subsidized price which nets you about $450 (pay $199 fora device that sells at full retail of $649). Since iPads are not subsidized, you have to pay full retail? so you lose the built-in profit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pkwiat

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I had a nexus 7 for two weeks and returned it. There are some good/bad things about it but I would rather have the iPad mini. The price is fair. It's not great and it's not outrageous. No one complained much about the $299 iPod touch. And now a $329 iPad mini is outrageous?

It does offer many upgrades over iPad 2. I'm pretty sure it will be $299 for their Black Friday sale :)

Also why would apple want the low end tablet market and not make money on it? They can have it anytime they want by dropping the price. It's not as easy going the other way around. Remember the original iPhone and the price drop?

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I disagree. Apple market themselves as a premium brand. You pay premium for the "Experience" . Just like buying a BMW.
Except the "Experience" in this case is the privilege of buying more stuff(apps, music, accessories etc) from Apple's HUGH store.

Can't compare tech to a car. In a few years the car, although not the newest and greatest will still run on same gas as a brand new one. Your tech in a few years will not be able to run the same software.

Jerry_

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Agree with the OP - they should have targeted 299$ - but anyhow I am starting to wonder about their market strategy, considering the whole bunch of different devices they have released and announced these days ... Because with this approach they just state that they can do as good as a number of other mass product brands - they get away from there more exclusive brand image

Kavalpatel7

Banned
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I had a nexus 7 for two weeks and returned it. There are some good/bad things about it but I would rather have the iPad mini. The price is fair. It's not great and it's not outrageous. No one complained much about the $299 iPod touch. And now a $329 iPad mini is outrageous?

It does offer many upgrades over iPad 2. I'm pretty sure it will be $299 for their Black Friday sale :)

Also why would apple want the low end tablet market and not make money on it? They can have it anytime they want by dropping the price. It's not as easy going the other way around. Remember the original iPhone and the price drop?

But ipad mini is 329$ for 16 gig
And ipod is 300$ for 32gig

rla4runner

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
My thinking is iPad 2 is only $60 dollars more. I was planning on $299 for the mini, now I will have to rethink my 7" to 8" tablet purchase options.

juanchy

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping for $249 but at $329 I will buy the new Nexus 7 coming out soon. For me it boils down to price, I have an iPad 3 which is definitely too heavy at times. I believe Apple screwed this one up with pricing but we'll have to wait and see. Stay tuned...

bxstrb

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
. The Google Nexus 7 starts at $199 for the 8GB model... but clearly 8GB is really pushing the limits for a tablet. So most people buy (or try to buy) the 16GB version for $249.

To continue on what you said, starting this coming Monday, the 16GB Nexus 7 will be $199 and a new 32GB model will be $249. I don't think anyone was expecting Apple to come out with a $149 or even a $199 tablet. That is unrealistic. This is Apple and they don't need to price that low since they're considered the "luxury" brand. However, breaking the psychological price barrier and pricing the entry level tablet at $299 would have been a terrific move. In the end, they'll sell every single one of those tablets at $329 but at $299 there would have been less rumblings around the internet about how the iPad mini and Apple products in general are "overpriced". And an 8GB $249 entry tablet would have really eaten into those android tablet sales. I own both an iPad 3 and a Nexus 7. They are both terrific products that work well for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2