Who's getting one?

Will you be getting an iPad Mini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I see everyone is knocking the screen. All the on hands reviews I've read seem to be positive. Guess I will just wait and see one in person. I'm assuming Apple will have them in stores on the 2nd?

Oh I think the screen will look fine, it's not like you will pick it up and want to throw it against the wall in disgust, I just don't "need" one and this is the Jedi mind trick I am using so I can hold off until the next version.

Plus I really think they are going to release the retina version in the spring and lower the price of this one, just like what they have now with the 4th gen iPad and the iPad 2.

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I have been waiting for Apple to release this cause i have been wanting another tablet but....i don't think i'm going to invest in the first gen mini. I"m sure it will sell millions and people will love it and that's great. But it doesn't excite me for a few reasons. 1-the screen is not what I want. Let me repeat...not what i want. Other people will love it and will praise Apple for their newest design...fine...I will wait for gen 2. 2-cost is more than i want to pay right now. With 7" tablets becoming more popular, finding the sweet spot between cost and hardware is tough. I truly believe that $200-250 is the sweet spot for the 7" tablet and that is just my opinion. $329 is a little steep for something that I want but do not need. For others it may be different but I do think Apple could have put the nail in the coffin on Android tablets if they had released the mini at $250 or even $299. And 3-for me, there is no wow factor. I mean its a great tablet and will sell millions. But when the ipad 1 and 2 came out, i wanted them and drove over 2 hours to get one. With the iphone, i wanted one and stood in line for over 3 hours to get one (small town and not too many tech people that want the newest thing..LOL) and i love my iphone. Wouldn't trade it for anything. With any purchase, i always try to look at all players and choose the best that fits for me. The iphone won over the Galaxy S3. My Sony Vaio won over Toshiba and even Apple (cost plays into it), Xbox over Ps3. With tablets, i will wait until i can play with the mini before i make my choice. I will say that there is no better time to be a techie with all the great tablets, phones, and computers coming out.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting for Apple to release this cause i have been wanting another tablet but....i don't think i'm going to invest in the first gen mini. I"m sure it will sell millions and people will love it and that's great. But it doesn't excite me for a few reasons. 1-the screen is not what I want. Let me repeat...not what i want. Other people will love it and will praise Apple for their newest design...fine...I will wait for gen 2. 2-cost is more than i want to pay right now. With 7" tablets becoming more popular, finding the sweet spot between cost and hardware is tough. I truly believe that $200-250 is the sweet spot for the 7" tablet and that is just my opinion. $329 is a little steep for something that I want but do not need. For others it may be different but I do think Apple could have put the nail in the coffin on Android tablets if they had released the mini at $250 or even $299. And 3-for me, there is no wow factor. I mean its a great tablet and will sell millions. But when the ipad 1 and 2 came out, i wanted them and drove over 2 hours to get one. With the iphone, i wanted one and stood in line for over 3 hours to get one (small town and not too many tech people that want the newest thing..LOL) and i love my iphone. Wouldn't trade it for anything. With any purchase, i always try to look at all players and choose the best that fits for me. The iphone won over the Galaxy S3. My Sony Vaio won over Toshiba and even Apple (cost plays into it), Xbox over Ps3. With tablets, i will wait until i can play with the mini before i make my choice. I will say that there is no better time to be a techie with all the great tablets, phones, and computers coming out.

I think they weren't trying to get as many current iPad users as they were people who don't currently have an iPad.

At $329 and a smaller form it really attracts those who didn't want to pay $499 and have a big tablet.

But like you say, they will sell millions, I'm just debating on whether I'll be a statistic.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Ordering a 16GB on Friday. It will be nice to go back to actual tablet apps after using a Nexus 7 lately.

Ditto here. I also like the fact that the screen is a bit bigger than the Nexus 7's. I always felt the Nexus needed to be a tad wider. The iPad Mini is perfect for my needs. I'll be ordering one on Friday. My girlfriend has an iPad 2 and I've never felt that the screen needed improvement. It's nice but I don't need a retina display.

Jerry_

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Nope: the screen of the mini is to small ;) - but seriously: I found that the normal iPad screen size at close to 10" is perfect for my purpose ( email, internet, reading ), so I won't go for a smaller screen.

dfine1966

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
My daughter really wants one. She has been using my iPad 3 and says it is too big. She has saved up her money and wants me to preorder it on Friday. Does anyone know if this will sell out pre orders like iPhone 5. Do I actually have to get up at 3:00 AM Eastern Time to order one, or can I wake up normal time, 6 AM ET to order it.

Also, my only worry is that really no cases will be available on release day. If the back is just like the iPhone 5, it really needs to be protected right off the back. The Smart Cover really doesn't protect much. I saw Spigen has the screen protectors available for sale, but the size could be wrong.

Should I order the iPad mini for her and hope cases and screen protectors are available at launch, or just don't let her use it until some are available?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My daughter really wants one. She has been using my iPad 3 and says it is too big. She has saved up her money and wants me to preorder it on Friday. Does anyone know if this will sell out pre orders like iPhone 5. Do I actually have to get up at 3:00 AM Eastern Time to order one, or can I wake up normal time, 6 AM ET to order it.

Also, my only worry is that really no cases will be available on release day. If the back is just like the iPhone 5, it really needs to be protected right off the back. The Smart Cover really doesn't protect much. I saw Spigen has the screen protectors available for sale, but the size could be wrong.

Should I order the iPad mini for her and hope cases and screen protectors are available at launch, or just don't let her use it until some are available?

I would order 3am but that's me lol

I'm sure cases will be available and if not just let her use it but not take it anywhere until it has one meaning I you use it your sitting down on a couch or bed not at a table or outside we're accidents could happen .. But I would beat cases will be out at launch

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If I really wanted to buy it, I still wouldn't buy it. Simply because Apple has spoiled
me with retina displays. I'm not going to use another Apple product without retina
display. Ever again.

Jay_B_II

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I've ever had with iPad was the size. It's never really felt portable to me. I even ditched my first iPad 2 for a Galaxy Tab 8.9 only to realize that was the biggest mistake ever and go back to iPad. Having all the iPad 2 goodness I love in a smaller package is perfect for me so I will be pre-ordering as soon as it opens on Friday. I even have a possible buyer already lined up for my iPad 2.

May 10, 2011
Visit site
The price is too high and I already have an iPad 3 (best screen on any device I have ever seen IMO) and I don't think I would like a non retina screen. I really think the reason this isn't a retina display is more related to battery life than anything. Look at how much bigger the battery on the iPad 3 had to get to even continue to get 10 hours of battery life. The iPad mini is all about thickness and weight and to include a retina display would have required a much bigger battery thereby making it thicker and heavier.

As an iPad 3 owner I'm not their target market anyway. Eventually this will have a retina display and then I would consider it simply because I think the iPad 3 is too heavy. I also think Apple did a lousy job of presenting the mini yesterday. They spent too much time comparing it to the competition and not enough time showing you where it would be most beneficial in everyday life. Apple has always done a masterful job of that and failed miserably. Steve Jobs would have never let that happen.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I wont be getting one. I couldn't go to a smaller iPad without a Retina display after using my iPad 3. I thinks its a good move Apple releasing a smaller and cheaper iPad though.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably be getting a mini for one sibling for Christmas, & a iPod touch 4th gen for another sibling. I'll still be on the iPad 1 lol

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
. They spent too much time comparing it to the competition and not enough time showing you where it would be most beneficial in everyday life. Apple has always done a masterful job of that and failed miserably. Steve Jobs would have never let that happen.

I think the difference this time is that it doesn't fit anywhere if you own an iPod touch or iPhone in conjunction with a full sized iPad. Anywhere it would fit, one of those existing products would do just as well, either on the smaller or slightly larger side. So they have already shown use case with those two products. But I think the mini is primarily for someone who hasn't bought into or doesn't want to put down the cash for a full sized iPad, and as gifts/for kids.

CandyBean

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
voted for hell yea but i won't be preordering or waiting in long lines for the ipad mini. will just wait until the initial rush dies down. not for me so in no rush ^__________^

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've thought about it, and will be passing on both the iPad Mini and the 4th generation iPad at this time. Neither is compelling enough of a product for now... let's see what the March time frame brings, at which time I may revisit the issue.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've thought about it, and will be passing on both the iPad Mini and the 4th generation iPad at this time. Neither is compelling enough of a product for now... let's see what the March time frame brings, at which time I may revisit the issue.

Agreed. I'm following this route too.

mfr1340

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just traded my ipad3 in and I will get the mini. I like the smaller size and the fact I get to use all my apps. I had to settle on a 32gig on the ipad 3 and I wasn't happy with the fact, (even when I don't need the space) I felt short changed when I settled on the smaller one. Now I will get the 64gig mini (to match my 64gig iphone5). When they update it I will give this one to my wife. We both have a nexus7 and she has my 4s and ipad2/ both 64gig.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2