October Apple event

skinnysig

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Prior to the iPhone 5 event there was a rumor of an event in October for the iPad Mini and perhaps iMac updates. I haven't heard/seen a word since the iPhone 5 event/release. Is there still talk of this October event???

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard anything about it as of late either. I checked the Apple Press Info page and there was nothing there in reference to anything in October, unfortunately.

Siva Om

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... I'm with you folks? Patiently waiting and keeping my fingers crossed for the rumored October media event. Maybe Apple is just making good on Tim Cooks declaration that they would be actively cracking down on leaks. For awhile images and mockups kept surfacing, but things have been pretty quite since the iPhone 5 release. Maybe it's all part of the plan?

tibbi64

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I wish it would be tomorrow. My nephew loves my iphone4, he is playing Office Jerk right now. He will be 4 in December and that is what his big Christmas gift is going to be an iPad mini if its announced. If not then the iPad 2 b/c they will be cheaper. I also would like to get my own mini for myself till Christmas. But then of course he will get to play with the mini when I'm over and I'll have my iphone. LOL I just asked him what his favorite game is and its Pocket God. Please, please can we have the announcement already. :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Still looking at maybe the 8GB and 16GB storage options? Figured your "people" might know the date but was just curious if you've heard anything besides the rumored 8GB entry.

I've been MIA the past week but I'm working on exact dates. People I know are busy trying to make deadlines...

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The rumors are now saying Oct. 17th for the announcement. I vote for another Virtual Pajama Party if they open up the online store for pre-orders! :)