Crazy "iPad Mini" idea

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I think the "iPad Mini" is actually going to be an iPhone/iTouch XL, or at least priced at $299. They have the iPad 3 at $499, the iPad 2 at $399, then the 4S at $199, 4 at $99 and 3Gs mainly free. The only missing price point is $299. Apple likes putting things at the price point to get upgraded, "Well, I'm already spending $399 on an iPad 2, $100 more for an iPad 3" and so on. Furthermore, the iPad 1 isn't getting iOS 6 for unknown reasons but it's basically the same as the 3Gs but with more RAM, and the 3Gs is getting iOS 6. My rationale for this is that they want a device at $299, and this would be in the middle, and they won't be getting rid of the 3Gs this cycle. I might be crazy, but it's just a thought.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I would be interested to see what the price point is going to be. If there is a smaller iPad, it will have to be full featured to be competitive with the Nexus 7 and the new Kindle Fire. I just don't see a full featured Apple product with the latest hardware being as cheap as an iPod touch. But we will see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
I think they need to come in at $199 if they want to compete. RIM found this out after they launched the Playbook. It is doable with the latest and greats hardware. The Playbook still outperform any small tablet out there with its hardware just too bad the apps have not caught up to their OS!!

I think apple would have a better chance just dropping the price point of their ten inch tablet to compete. With the xtra sales volume they should be able to be profitable while taking over he world.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I think they need to come in at $199 if they want to compete. RIM found this out after they launched the Playbook. It is doable with the latest and greats hardware. The Playbook still outperform any small tablet out there with its hardware just too bad the apps have not caught up to their OS!!

I think apple would have a better chance just dropping the price point of their ten inch tablet to compete. With the xtra sales volume they should be able to be profitable while taking over he world.

Not a chance.

Name ONE product that Apple has ever sold at narrow margins in order to compete with low priced technology.

It has never happened.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Not a chance.

Name ONE product that Apple has ever sold at narrow margins in order to compete with low priced technology.

It has never happened.

I can't name one item (iphone, ipod touch or ipad) I bought from apple at its base price. I doubt the ipad mini will be that first.

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Not a chance.

It has never happened.

The 3GS is free to compete with free Androids. The Mac Mini was created to compete in the lower end. The iPod Touch to an extent, the iPod Nano competes at the lower end, as does the Shuffle.

The reason I think it will be $299 is that they have the 3GS for free, the 4 at $99, the 4S at $199, the iPad 2 at $399, and the iPad 3 at $499. The mini fits the $299 price. The 3GS is going to have iOS6, the original iPad won't have iOS6 even though it is more powerful. They're ending the OG iPad, when they could've easily put it at $299 to compete.

At $299, it competes with the lower end tablets, but is $99 better. The iPod Touch could even be retooled as an iPad Nano, but even I'll admit, that's farfetched.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711