Out of O2 contract? they have a secret tariff

vazpazaz

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just to let all you O2 customers who may be like me about to complete your 18 month contract for the iphone 3g, there is a "secret" ?20 a month deal you can ask to go on which gives you:

600 minutes
1,200 texts
Unlimited web & wi-fi
Visual Voicemail

This is actually better than the current ?35 a month deal that i'm moving off of but is not currently advertised anywhere on the O2 site.

Furthermore it's a rolling monthly deal so when the new iphone 4 comes out you can get it with no problems :)

As an aside, but also worth knowing, anyone on any tariff on any iphone can move for free up or down the tariff scale after nine months so if you received you iphone for next to nothing in exchange for a high value bundle that you don't use, change it after nine months!

Vaz

Last edited:

Stuartino

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
Thanks my contract ran out in Dec, I will look into this. How did you find out about it? I can't decide whether to change to Orange monthly, as coverage is supoposed to be better in London. Like you I'm waiting until June for next phone, not sure who will get it though.

vazpazaz

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
I found out about it from a different comms blog site via google

cow.neondragon.net

FYI the tariff is called iphone simplicity 20, and it only took a 5 min conversation with o2 to get me on it.

I'm not sure that Orange will offer such a good deal to "new" customers, though if they had their business head on they should as there will be thousands of people who will be out of the 18 month contract about now looking for a better/interim deal before iphone 4.0...

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Great news this. I knew about simplicity tariffs and was going to change to one next month when I'm eligible to upgrade. Really wasn't aware there was an iPhone specific one though so was resigned to losing my visual voicemail.
Cheers!!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234