How often should Apple make new hardware?

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I think having a new device come out every year, is a bit much and was thinking, how else could they do it?

Think about this.

iPhone- Every two years. (Do away with s models and focus on software like crazy, during the "off" year.)

Apple Watch- Same. Two years. If it's going to cost $400 a pop, how about invest in delivering on the software, To make it useful?

iPad(s)- 3 or 4 years. Polls are in. People hang on to tablets, longer than phones. Get use to it and use it as an advantage. When that year rolls around and a new iPad(s) come out, bet more people would upgrade!

Macs- 5 years. New laptops new desktops. Again. Majority of people hold on to these things for a long time.

Apple TV-? Not to sure. Maybe 2 or 3 years. I feel like they should release one this year with 4K, then hold off for a few years like they did with the Apple TV3 and the New Apple TV.

Gives us some hardware, that's really thought out. And deliver on the Software like crazy. For example. 3D Touch. Amazing. Love it. But 6 months in and it's still finding its way. I'm sure they had it planned during the production of the 6 line. Throw it in and deliver on making it a must have/used feature during the off year.

What do you guys think?
Stupid?
Change the years up?
Let me know!

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I think having a new device come out every year, is a bit much and was thinking, how else could they do it?

Think about this.
ok, let's play this game ;)

iPhone- Every two years. (Do away with s models and focus on software like crazy, during the "off" year.)

absolutely not.
This is the most competitive and profitable market. 1 year cycle is just right.

Apple Watch- Same. Two years. If it's going to cost $400 a pop, how about invest in delivering on the software, To make it useful?
Agree. And Apple seems to agree too, since they didn't release a new Apple Watch so far.

iPad(s)- 3 or 4 years. Polls are in. People hang on to tablets, longer than phones. Get use to it and use it as an advantage. When that year rolls around and a new iPad(s) come out, bet more people would upgrade!
absolutely not. 3 years are ages in technology.... I think 1 - 1 and 1/2 year is the right life cycle for tablets.

Macs- 5 years. New laptops new desktops. Again. Majority of people hold on to these things for a long time.

seriously, 5 years between updates is ridiculous expectation. Apple has to update their Mac every 1/2 years MAXIMUM (look at what they are doing with Mini and Pro... it's getting ridiculous ....).

Apple TV-? Not to sure. Maybe 2 or 3 years. I feel like they should release one this year with 4K, then hold off for a few years like they did with the Apple TV3 and the New Apple TV.

Agree. 2 or 3 years would be fine.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
As long as technology advances at a fast pace, you'll see frequent updates and upgrades. Users demand it. And Apple must stay competitive.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
As long as technology advances at a fast pace, you'll see frequent updates and upgrades. Users demand it. And Apple must stay competitive.
Or to make it more simple, without a couple new devices each year, where would the fortunes come from? If you make it, they will buy..... The new devices are cash generators.

Boltagar

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
No innovation = stagnation, falling behind. If they stick with the same hardware they'll just be swelling their cash pile while allowing other companies to get market share... At current rate of innovation they're cash horde already growing. I think it is time for Apple to disrupt other sectors (Transport etc.). Otherwise it will go to big finance, offshore financial havens.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have had no luck with HP and I had the best virus protector money could buy which was great. But within a yr start running sluggish and freeze up.I have never bombarded with apps or visiting sites that have issues. Always cleaned up. Would delete cookies.
Slow boot up etc
Since switching to Apple and getting Mac Pro nothing has disappointed me. Quick boot up. Sites don't slowly open up. Fluid no freezing no lagging.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro