Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kch50428
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default LOst I phone then found

I lost my iphone which was an upgrade after being with the company for 2 years. I lost it a week later. I had to pay $160 for a refurbished phone. The old phone has been found 5 months later and the person emailed me. Can Asurion take either phone from me if I go into a Verizon store? I want to give my refurb to the honest person who contacted me as his phone is broken & i want to use my orignal phone because it was brand new and not a refurb. I'm just not sure if they will try to take one from me at AT&T. Pls help!
    iMore Genius

20,832 Posts

Default Re: LOst I phone then found

The original device is on a global "lost device - deny service" list and once it's on that, there's no getting it off that list. Send the lost/now recovered phone to Asurion - it's their phone since you got a replacement under the terms of your contract with them.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    iMore Newbie

21 Posts

Its nice to see that there are still honest people out there

Hey! Cool that your previous phone has been found after 5 months! It was well hidden =)

You can actually take it off the blacklist, which is usefull in your case. Something similar happened to me before and that is what I did =)