Understanding the Apple Culture

openbook

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer a few questions about Apple and why you choose to use apple products. I know that this topic is a popular topic and I'm sure you have been asked a lot about it in the forums. I am asking these questions because I am doing a paper for my college English Composition 2 Class and I would love input from anyone on the topic.

When did you start using Apple products?

Why do you use Apple products? Is it because of the design or other factors?

What do you think the typical Apple user looks like?

Why do apple users have more of a fan following than users of windows?

What makes iPhones and the Mac OS unique?

What are your thoughts on jailbreaking and have you done it before?

Do you meet face to face with Apple fans off of the forum?

Have you ever been to an Apple store for the first day of a product release and if you have can you tell me what that experience was like?

What is it like going into an Apple store and what kind of experience do you get in the store?

If you have anything else that can help me understand the Apple Culture more that would be greatly appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer a few questions about Apple and why you choose to use apple products. I know that this topic is a popular topic and I'm sure you have been asked a lot about it in the forums. I am asking these questions because I am doing a paper for my college English Composition 2 Class and I would love input from anyone on the topic.

When did you start using Apple products?
I brought my first Apple product (The iPhone 3G) in 2008, I believe.

Why do you use Apple products?
I use various Apple products because they fit my current needs perfectly. In addition, they are well-made and well-supported.
Is it because of the design or other factors?
See my previous reply.

What do you think the typical Apple user looks like?
The typical Apple user consist of people from all over the world and from a very wide age group.

Why do apple users have more of a fan following than users of windows?
I don't know. Do you have proof that Fans of Apple outnumber the fan of Windows? What about those who are fans of both? Where do they fit in?

What makes iPhones and the Mac OS unique?
In my experience, they're well-built, easy to use and just work.

What are your thoughts on jailbreaking and have you done it before?
I don't jailbreak any of my Apple device because they fit my needs as-is. Having said that, for those who are into jailbreaking their devices, I support their decision to jailbreak.

Do you meet face to face with Apple fans off of the forum?
Yes. Everyday.

Have you ever been to an Apple store for the first day of a product release and if you have can you tell me what that experience was like?
I've been to an Apple Store in a couple of states, but never during an official launch.

What is it like going into an Apple store and what kind of experience do you get in the store?
In my opinion, it's like the Disney experience without the characters.

If you have anything else that can help me understand the Apple Culture more that would be greatly appreciated.
There's no Apple culture. There is only Apple, the company, who sells a good deal of products and services all over the world that a great deal of people enjoy using.