• Tonestack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jamup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello there my fellow iOS musicians! More specifically, the guitarists in the house... I've got a question for you all, and a poll; which guitar interface app do you prefer and use?

I've been playing guitar for at least 30 years (I'm 45, and I know I picked it up when I was 14-15 years old). Through the years, I've had all sorts of guitars, amps, effects, and related hardware, and even have experience with digital interfaces for the PC (USB), but recently have discovered this whole iOS iPad/iPhone interface thing and just a few days ago, after doing some homework and reading up on the subject, went out and purchased an iRig HD. Now the $99 iRig HD is a step up from the original $39 regular iRig (and even the upcoming $39 iRig 2), as I'm sure you all know. It has the high quality 24bit audio and no crosstalk or interference and blah blah blah. So, being a pursuer of high quality sound, I opted for the iRig HD.

I was very happy to discover that the iRig HD came with the free version of Amplitube and a few stomp box and rack effects, as well as some amp and cabinet models. It also came with a few Freebie PC applications that were downloadable from the site once I created my account.

Now, Amplitube is great and all, and even with what they give you to start off with, you can achieve some great tones. But I've since discovered a couple competitors.... Jamup and ToneStack...

The $4.99 version of ToneStack came with a bunch of stuff, and Jamup came with a nice selection of stuff with its free version. Everything I've tried from all three products has been great really, so therein lies my dilemma... I've got $25 to spend, and don't know which one I should give my money to! lol Each app has IAPs with expansion packages for like $9.99 or the like...

So I thought I'd throw this out there to you guys, and see what you all like best.

Amplitube?

ToneStack?

or

Jamup?

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Alright, well it looks like I'm on my own in this decision lol... Of course I could just take more money and unlock all of all three, but I guess my question was that if I had to choose only one, as if this $25 was the last little bit of money I had to spend forever, which one would I choose?

Well, after playing with the free offerings from each of these fine guitar apps, I've got to say that I'm going to be spending a whole bunch of money! But the first one to get my hard earned green is going to be... ToneStack.

Yup, ToneStack looks like it gives you the most bang for your buck as far as the amount of stuff you get for the "full unlock" where you get the whole enchilada for $34.99

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234