Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

MaciLicous

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Tell Disney to sue me, lol. Or maybe just post more stories about how Apple is unfair to you after you've dropped your iPhone from one of your other accounts, lol

Wouldn't it be great if you could create another version of yourself in real life that's like able and have people actually enjoy being around you.

Sent from my Glamorous Gold iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't it be great if you could create another version of yourself in real life that's like able and have people actually enjoy being around you.

Sent from my Glamorous Gold iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I would love to be around him... In fact I think it'd be cool to do a meet up for all of us iMore members from Georgia.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You're the only person in this thread that missed the direct links and facts. That should tell you something.
I have spent most of this thread asking for a link from you and you keep dodging and trying put your failure to cite a source on me.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
It's because I already did...you're too lazy to go back and find it. I'll help you, it's at the top of one of the pages.
You are too lazy to cite your source where it is required. You have to back your own claim, I shouldn't have to prove your own argument.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You are too lazy to cite your source where it is required. You have to back your own claim, I shouldn't have to prove your own argument.

I cited them...several times, and provided links. You either didn't see them or ignored them, and to me, providing it once was beyond what I needed to do in the first place. Like I said, you're the only one who missed them...that should tell you something.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Exactly what acquire means...BY DEFINITION (LOL!)...you said people had no access, which is BS. People have access all day...what they lack is the means to acquire the service or product.

I said not all low income people have access to water of electricity. Which is true. So how would someone acquire something they can't afford?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
In certain areas landlords do "try" to put low income and market rates rents in the same building. But only because zoning and other laws that force them to. They don't want to and try hard as hell to get around these regulations because they know it cheapens the brand of their high-end building. And just having the low income apartments in the same building makes it harder to sell/rent the nicer units. Call it elitist or whatever, but no one who can afford the penthouse overlooking Central Park in NYC wants their building to have low income units in it.

So right/wrong or whatever, if Apple were to sell a cheap inferior iPhone, some segment of their current market would no longer purchase an iPhone because the brand had been cheapened. Could Apple make up the difference of losing some high-end customers with a high volume of low-end customers? Maybe, maybe not but look at Samsung. They are the volume leader worldwide in smartphones but their profit has taken a huge hit because they've sold far fewer of their Galaxy S5 and Notes than expected and they couldn't make up the difference despite selling boatloads of cheap low-end Android phones. I bet if you talked to the executives at Samsung right now, they'd much rather be in Apple's position right now. And I'm sure Apple has also looked at this and decided they could not maintain their revenues and profit (over the long or short term) by pursuing the strategy you are suggesting. And they have a fiduciary duty to their shareholders to pursue strategies that maintain their position and value.
Why would someone leave a brand because there is a cheaper option? That is just an eltisit attitude to do something like that. If something works as is, why does something else devalue what you have? That is a weird state of mind.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I cited them...several times, and provided links. You either didn't see them or ignored them, and to me, providing it once was beyond what I needed to do in the first place. Like I said, you're the only one who missed them...that should tell you something.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
In certain areas landlords do "try" to put low income and market rates rents in the same building. But only because zoning and other laws that force them to. They don't want to and try hard as hell to get around these regulations because they know it cheapens the brand of their high-end building. And just having the low income apartments in the same building makes it harder to sell/rent the nicer units. Call it elitist or whatever, but no one who can afford the penthouse overlooking Central Park in NYC wants their building to have low income units in it.

In Atlanta, and I'm assuming most metropolitan areas, there are laws that prevent landlords from reducing pricing on rent that would cause a certain % of equity to drop in the owned units (our building is like this). The % in our building is 20% under what mortgage cost is in owned properties. Low income housing would drop it well under 50%, which I don't think any law allows (at least here).