Share your #IceBucketChallenge with the iMore community and we'll send you a t-shirt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle Haag

Staff member
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

By now you've likely seen the Ice Bucket Challenge sweeping across the internet over the past couple of weeks. The concept is simple. Once challenged, you have 24 hours to either dump a bucket of ice water over your head and spread the word via video challenging your friends to do the same, OR donate $100 to Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) research. The hope behind it is that even those completing the challenge will donate at least $10 as well, or at the very least learn more about the disease while helping spread the word to others. It's viral marketing at its best, and in this case, all for a very worthy cause.

Since the start of the challenge on July 29th, the ALS Association and its 38 chapters have received an amazing $4 million in donations. Compare that to the $1.12 million raised during the same time last year, and it's hard to argue that the Ice Bucket Challenge isn't helping raise money and awareness. Celebrities and top executives are all joining in spreading the word, and as you can see above, even our own Rene Ritchie has done his part.

Now it's your turn!

We challenge you to take part in the #IceBucketChallenge, either by completing it and sharing your video, or just donating to the cause in the amount of your choosing. If you've already done either of those, kudos! We invite you all to share your video, pictures, or a screenshot of your donation receipt with the rest of the iMore community. Not only will you show your support of a great cause, but we'll sweeten the deal and send you an iMore t-shirt. What better way to dry off, right? ;)

27John117

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Here is my Ice Bucket Challenge. I couldn't upload my video cause it was too big so here are snapshots of me getting drenched lol. Hope this works.

Attachments

• Ice Bucket Challenge 1.jpg
    Ice Bucket Challenge 1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Ice Bucket Challenge 2.jpg
    Ice Bucket Challenge 2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 12

abaron12

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I took the challenge and donated.

This has special meaning to me; I lost my grandmother to ALS earlier this year.

I can't post a link (not enough posts) therefore you can go to youtube and look up this video: UyXub3TEVzY

Michelle Haag

Staff member
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone! Thanks to all that have participated! You still have time if you haven't yet, as I'll be sending out an email on Friday (the two week mark since the giveaway started) to everyone that drops their video in this post to get your mailing info and shirt size.

That said, make sure your email address is current on your profile! :D

27John117

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I got your message but it is showing up like this.

This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program. multipart/alternative

mclarensr

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Challenge completed and will be donating as well today. Is this is still going on? If not, not a big deal. Am glad I was able to support the cause. I will post the video and image of donation later today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234