Emergency Alert on an iPhone WoW!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
We woke up at 430am to the alerts today. I couldn't hear the sirens in our house but they were going off early again this morning. The thunder and lightning were insane. There was a touchdown in Univ. City apparently. It's going to be madness all day with several more rounds on the way. It looks like it is regrouping across the river again and just hammering Indy again too.

I have my "emergency bag" which has copies of all our important papers, and I can shove my purse inside of it. I have my backup power source in there as well.

Wow...that's crazy!!! I'm glad you're prepared though. I'm praying no one gets hurt:angel:

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow!! 17...that's nuts & I'm kind of jealous LOL. I hope your weather doesn't get too bad today. There's nothing going on here today. Maybe rain a little later but thats it. Be safe out there!!!

BTW: Where is Corn Patch? I've never heard of it.

Corn Patch is code for where I live. I live in Arkansas but I'm picky about giving out my city for obvious reasons. I live in one of those Mayberry-esque backwards towns with one stoplight. Corn Patch is a Hee Haw reference. :)

The storms are supposed to ramp up after dark. Fingers crossed it stays cloudy and rains all day long. I love clouds on a day like this. Keeps the atmosphere capped.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They should have an alert for pollen to tell you not to go outside, lol. BLARRGGGGG!

I usually go by my roof indicator for tornados...if the roof is still there, I'm ok!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My literal immediate zone was barely spared again. Thaaaat was uncomfortably close. I wonder if my car is still where I left it....

Round 4 is incoming. Like literally. But that should hopefully be the end for tonight. Good thing we didn't go to the Blues game. Holy hell. That would've sucked!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Corn Patch is code for where I live. I live in Arkansas but I'm picky about giving out my city for obvious reasons. I live in one of those Mayberry-esque backwards towns with one stoplight. Corn Patch is a Hee Haw reference. :)

The storms are supposed to ramp up after dark. Fingers crossed it stays cloudy and rains all day long. I love clouds on a day like this. Keeps the atmosphere capped.

You look like you may have been spared. Unless the lower end is still coming thru. Fayetteville seems like there's something going on.

It's like a deluge here. I'm in StL.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You look like you may have been spared. Unless the lower end is still coming thru. Fayetteville seems like there's something going on.

It's like a deluge here. I'm in StL.

I was okay. It thundered. It went all crazy with the lightning, but that was it thank God. My dogs didn't even wake up and my lab is the biggest sissy on the planet when it comes to storms. She did sleep in the bathtub all night long though. :)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I was okay. It thundered. It went all crazy with the lightning, but that was it thank God. My dogs didn't even wake up and my lab is the biggest sissy on the planet when it comes to storms. She did sleep in the bathtub all night long though. :)

They seemed to finally be out of here after midnight but it was still quite dark and ominous when I left for work around 630 this morning. Still not really clear out though they say it will be sunny eventually today.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro