Rental properties?

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Anyone do this for extra income?

I'm looking to have 2/3 homes as rental units. My goal is to bring an additional $3-4k in a month! It's mostly to save for the future and make living a little easier.

I thought about buying a trailer park.. But that seems like a nightmare.... I'm not sure.
I'm open to ideas.
Thanks

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We rented our house when we moved into our condo...we did it for about 6 months, and it was a nightmare. There are companies that take care of service calls and various things for you now, we did not use one (this was about 5 years ago). We had really needy tenants too, which made it more difficult to find any positive points about it. The last straw was a night when me and my wife were on vacation, the man who was renting the house called to tell us that the heater wasn't working and he couldn't keep his family warm...we are on vacation and have no way of going over to check, so I went ahead and called an emergency call HVAC guy. Guy goes out, checks everything...then calls me back after 2 hours to tell me "There's no gas coming into the house..." Guy hadn't paid the gas bill in 2 months and they shut it off...

He moved out that week...abandoned the house and forfeited his security deposit, which paid for "MOST" of the damages to the home...they trashed the carpet and I had no way of going after him because all the contact numbers I had were disconnected. Needless to say, we sold the house, LOL!

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Not yet. I'm still looking for something to buy and rent. If/when I do it, I won't be looking to relive in it.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Whatever you decide to do, make sure your tenants carry tenant's insurance. Seen too many times where after a fire or flood where their contents and the lack of alternate accomodations become an issue.