What new product does Apple need?

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Apple has really done well since the 2000s, mainly because it has always managed to introduce products that captivated the masses. Many of these products did not use completely new technology, but Apple was able to use existing technology and refine it in a way that transformed the market. These products include: iTunes, iPod, iPhone, iPad. Not only were these products good for Apple and its users, but they were good for consumers in general, since other companies also innovated and changed products as a result of competition.

What new product do you think Apple needs to introduce to continue shaking up the tech landscape?

kona314

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
It is almost definitely going to be iWear (see what I did there?) or the purported TV set. The question is which will come first. There are arguments for both: We hear a lot about an iWatch compared to nothing about an Apple TV, but Steve supposedly "cracke the code" for TV, meaning a product shouldn't be far behind.

Time will tell us what will come next. Personally, I'm hoping for the watch or whatever iWear they come up with.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd be especially interested in the TV, since I'm not a gamer, so I wouldn't want an Xbox or PS4. Those are too expensive just for TV.

The Apple TV sounds more useful for someone like me.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Apple just bought the company that developed Kinect. I wonder if that technology is going to be used for Apple TV.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see Apple have more 'HOME' products rather than the typical tech products like they have now.... Phones, pads. etc. For instance like the gentleman who left Apple and came up with NEST which a a smart WIFI thermostat for controlling your Temp in the home along with an app and WIFI can be controlled away from the home as well. it has gotten great press but other items within the home to make life more simple but at the same time easy to operate and use. I cannot come up with anything in particular other than the idea of more 'HOME' products.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see Apple have more 'HOME' products rather than the typical tech products like they have now.... Phones, pads. etc. For instance like the gentleman who left Apple and came up with NEST which a a smart WIFI thermostat for controlling your Temp in the home along with an app and WIFI can be controlled away from the home as well. it has gotten great press but other items within the home to make life more simple but at the same time easy to operate and use. I cannot come up with anything in particular other than the idea of more 'HOME' products.

Nothing like that would be for me, or many other people who rent apartments or houses. I have to use whatever thermostat or appliances the landlord provides.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to think of an area in my life where there is significant friction that a tech problem could solve. Maybe a little while ago I would have said TV, but with the Chromecast being so affordable and reliable I don't think that is as much of a problem anymore. I don't know if that is a disruptable market via hardware anymore. Content accessibility is the next leap but can Apple muscle in to that? I don't think so.

After that, maybe wearables? Apple would need to prove to me that I need a watch/headpiece that meaningfully adds to my iPhone/iPad experience right now.

Quite honestly, I don't want a new product category. I'm still trying to integrate the currents products in to my life from all of these companies. But I'm not in charge of a billion dollar corporation either, so our interests differ.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nothing like that would be for me, or many other people who rent apartments or houses. I have to use whatever thermostat or appliances the landlord provides.

I rent my condo...I have a nest that i personally installed in it. When we move, I'll take it with me and install the old thermostat back in it's place. It's quite a simple device, and doesn't really require much in the way of extra installation over a normal one.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I rent my condo...I have a nest that i personally installed in it. When we move, I'll take it with me and install the old thermostat back in it's place. It's quite a simple device, and doesn't really require much in the way of extra installation over a normal one.

I wouldn't have a clue how to install any thermostat. I'd have to hire someone to do that.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't have a clue how to install any thermostat. I'd have to hire someone to do that.

You put more effort into learning how to use a smart phone than it takes to wire up a thermostat...it is literally easier than hooking up most home theater equipment or cable boxes, most of the time it's even color coded precisely for every marketed thermostat, lol. If you hired someone to do it, you did yourself a disservice.

But regardless, I was just saying that those devices are perfectly suitable for those who rent instead of own.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
You put more effort into learning how to use a smart phone than it takes to wire up a thermostat...it is literally easier than hooking up most home theater equipment or cable boxes, most of the time it's even color coded precisely for every marketed thermostat, lol. If you hired someone to do it, you did yourself a disservice.

But regardless, I was just saying that those devices are perfectly suitable for those who rent instead of own.
That's good to know. I've never wired anything, but home theater and cable boxes are a piece of cake for me. I'll actually check out the smart thermostats since they're easy to install.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's good to know. I've never wired anything, but home theater and cable boxes are a piece of cake for me. I'll actually check out the smart thermostats since they're easy to install.

One of the coolest things I've bought for our condo...and it's so much easier to program than the normal digital ones. It's very intuitive.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
We have several switches and plugs by WeMo that you can control from iDevices. Love them.
I would love to see more in this area.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR