How long will Tim Cook stay as CEO?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Got to wondering the other day. Tim Cook has had quite an interesting run taking over from Steve Jobs. His approach is decidedly different, with a calm, confident demeanour and measured approach. By all accounts there's no rumblings to have him removed from his position. At 53, Tim still has many years to go (if he wants) from the helm.

So what do you think? Will we see Cook guiding the company for another year, 5 years, 10 years, or more? Will he burn out? Cash out? Pass out? :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I can see him holding out for many years hand over control for a few years then make a star comeback

It's the Tech World Way 😑

Sent from my iPhone 5

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Since he was hand picked by Jobs to be his replacement, I can see him staying for a long while. I have no problems with anything that's happened on his watch.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I hope he's around for at least another 10 years. I hope he has the passion in Apple to not want to retire. 53 is still young, if you love what you're doing. Jobs was actively involved until age 56, and only death sadly kept him from sticking around longer.

I was very apprehensive at first, of Cook taking over Jobs post. Knowing that he was hand picked by Jobs, and worked very closely with Jobs for years, up until literally his final days, were the only things that seemed encouraging to me.

Every step that has been made under Cook's watch has bolstered my confidence in him, and the direction Apple is going under his leadership.

However, I don't know how much confidence I could possibly have in Cook's replacement. Unless it were Ive, maybe.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, he's doing a fine job steering what must be a very odd ship to captain (after the death of Jobs)...and looking at the products that have come out since Jobs death, nothing stands out as something Steve Jobs would have been opposed to. He's done well...he may not have the charm or the presence of a Steve Jobs, but who does really? You could have put anyone in that chair and NOBODY would have that presence. I think he'll be here for quite sometime...and I think with some of the products that Apple will bring to the table over the next 5 or so years, Tim Cook will find his groove.

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably be in the minority on this, but I actually consider him to be a bit more pragmatic, and even more charismatic than SJ.

Considering the rapidly changing landscape, this layman thinks he is fantastic at the helm.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It's a results driven business, and as long as he's getting the results, Tim Cook can probably stay as long as he wants.

I'll probably be in the minority on this, but I actually consider him to be a bit more pragmatic, and even more charismatic than SJ.

Considering the rapidly changing landscape, this layman thinks he is fantastic at the helm.

He's appears very calm and analytical. Very much the opposite of Steve Jobs, but a personality in his own right, and effective in his own way.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
It's a results driven business, and as long as he's getting the results, Tim Cook can probably stay as long as he wants.

He's appears very calm and analytical. Very much the opposite of Steve Jobs, but a personality in his own right, and effective in his own way.
I agree with you.

I don't see any 'red flags' or results not happening. If I were a shareholder, there would be nothing at this time that would bother me with Cook's performance.