What does Apple get that other retailers don't?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm sitting in the Apple Store at the premier mall in Toronto. It's iPhone 5s launch day and the Apple store is just a mad house. There's people of all walks of life coming in and out of the store not only to buy the 5s. There are people coming in to try out the iPhones, iPads, iPad Minis on display. Then you look at the other stores in the mall and they are either empty or they have a few people walking around. Now granted not all retail stores have items that are sexy enough to draw crowds but inside a premium mall theses are stores that have a following. The thing that is so amazing is that this is not a once in a while thing, it wasn't solely because of the iPhone 5s launch day. If you go to Apple stores any day of the week most stores will have crowds going in and out, looking, buying, perusing. So it just makes me wonder what is it that Apple gets that other retailers don't? Is it the experience? I know I have never had a better experience than what I've had at the Apple store from other retail stores. Perhaps it's just my love of tech that makes me see it this way. Anyone else agree? disagree? thoughts?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Apple is like Harley Davidson. They build and sell products that people love and won't give up. Ask a Harley owner to trade for a Yamaha, see how far that gets you. It's the same thing.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Apple is like Harley Davidson. They build and sell products that people love and won't give up. Ask a Harley owner to trade for a Yamaha, see how far that gets you. It's the same thing.
I guess I have it bad... I have an iPhone, iPad and a Harley Road King... Life is good at 60....

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Apple sells products that command a premium price and offer an excellent user experience. Their customer support aint too shabby either.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

I heard this from bike owners.... Same with Porsche, they build pretty much the same 911 (it changes a little with new generations, little tweaks to performance) with engine placement that should not allow the car to handle well on paper, but it's arguably the best sports car without giving up the comfort, and regardless that the predecessor looks quite similar, enthusiasts continue to buy new models - and they wouldn't trade their porsche passion for a lambo or a ferrari... I see the same trend in iPhones.

I think it's the experience. From my visits, I can recall never been sold anything, always just the advice you seek, and a smile to go with it. They make you feel like you just bought half of their merchandise, when all you wanted was a case for your iPhone...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73