In honor of 9/11...
"I am an American. That's the way most of us put it, just matter of factly. They are plain words, those four. You could write them on your thumbnail, or you could sweep them clear across this bright autumn sky. But remember too that they are more than words. They are a way of life. So whenever you speak them, speak them firmly; speak them proudly; speak them gratefully. I AM AN AMERICAN!"
Remembering everyone affected by 9-11
This is spoken before the opening of the giant American flag at the start of every home Purdue University football game. My sister posted it today on Facebook and fits well today.
- 09-11-2013, 11:24 AM #2
- 09-11-2013, 01:06 PM #3
Re: In honor of 9/11...
I watched some of the live memorial coverage on Yahoo this morning. I had to quit when a little girl who never met her dad broke down crying as she was reading names.
I have it on my bucket list to see the memorial. Sister and her husband saw it a few months ago.
- 09-11-2013, 05:37 PM #4
- By nyc_rock in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 109Last Post: 10-27-2013, 12:21 PM
- By sivan in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 13Last Post: 09-16-2013, 08:55 PM
- By maryjane2300 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 41Last Post: 09-16-2013, 07:49 PM
- By finn5975 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 20Last Post: 09-11-2013, 07:16 PM
- By kch50428 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-10-2013, 08:14 PM